07:30 PM EST : LA Rams ( 2 ) at Baltimore ( -2 ) — T: 36
    07:30 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at New England ( -4.5 ) — T: 37
    08:00 PM EST : Tennessee ( PK ) at Green Bay ( PK ) — T: 35
    08:30 PM EST : Houston ( 2.5 ) at Kansas City ( -2.5 ) — T: 35
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 3.5 ) at San Francisco ( -3.5 ) — T: 35
    10:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at Seattle ( -3 ) — T: 34.5

• GoodOleTimes

@heyfeefellskee said...

What about his performance last week was “electric”?

And FWIW, there are a couple QBs that could get more playing time (and have more experience) that I can definitely see outscoring him.

Although i didnt even watch the HOF game, i didnt expect much from him in his first taste of NFL action on national TV. Now that the “butterflies” are out of his stomach and he has that in game experience, i would expect him to look much better tomorrow night. Especially in front of his home crowd he’ll want to look impressive. Im doing one lineup for tomorrow, and ill happily to pivot off of Mayfield to LJ. Jackson has big play ability on the ground that none of these other guys have. And as for his playing time, he will get at worst 20-25 minutes.

• jsahly

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/08/08/dfs-bears-and-bengals-to-roster-on-draftkings-in-first-week-of-preseason/ax1ftfi/?utm_source=rotogrinders&utm_medium=forum

QB: Bengals QB Jeff Driskel ($5,500)

The most athletic quarterback on either club who’s likely to get extended run Thursday, Driskel’s preseason debut last year included converting 8-of-9 for 97 yards and a touchdown and rushing for another 34 yards and a score on five carries. There’s more comfort here than taking Bengals rookie Logan Woodside or Bray, who’ll share more reps not only with Chase Daniel, coming off a woeful Bears debut, but starter Mitch Trubisky, who’ll get at least a series or two.

Driskel, like last preseason opener, is No. 3 on the Bengals QB depth chart and could be in line for something close to the 35 snaps he played (compared to 28 combined for Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron).

• Kylerusher

@squidkill said...

“Tom Brady is old let’s face it and a prime injury target”.

LOL- heard that for the past 5-7 years-

Haha so don’t be prepared just in case? By playing your backup alot in preseason to get him ready for the what ifs?

• KindGuy

@GoodOleTimes said...

Why hasnt anyone mentioned Lamar Jackson? what am i missing? he will play as much as any other QB on the slate and hes electric

He looked very overmatched at times last week. Maybe it was just the nerves of being in his first professional football game. His DFS ceiling is unreal though.

• Stangs13

Anyone have any takes on philly wrs? Hollins is a good big play threat. I doubt we see much of Jefferey, Agholor, Wallace or Wheaton. Of the guys left I feel like Hollins is the best. Am I missing something?

• heyfeefellskee

@Stangs13 said...

Anyone have any takes on philly wrs? Hollins is a good big play threat. I doubt we see much of Jefferey, Agholor, Wallace or Wheaton. Of the guys left I feel like Hollins is the best. Am I missing something?

Hollins is a 2nd teamer so won’t see as much playing time as the others.

• CleverGroom

@Kylerusher said...

I looked back the past 3 years and saw that the Patriots threw a ton week 1 preseason with Jimmy g. I don’t think this is going to be much different. I really haven’t seen or heard anything on etling. But if he’s one of 3 QBs I’m sure he’s decent

Well…Jimmy G was a project. He was meant to be the future of the franchise, and failing that, they were at least able to parley it into some trade value (not nearly enough, obviously). Brian Hoyer is a known quantity. They understand him, and he understands the system. There’s little reason for him to take any reps at all, except for the benefit of the less experienced 2nd-teamers.

Danny Etling has a better pedigree than Tom Brady. Brady was selected 6.33, Etling was selected 7.1. Etling’s measurables are all superior to Brady’s. They like his intangibles. He shows up early, he stays late, he does what he’s told. He’s been okay on the field.

We’ve seen all of this before.

The Patriots have made an art out of finding undervalued QBs and developing them into something worthwhile. Etling may not turn out as well as the others, but that won’t stop them from trying. I’d say there’s a 95% chance he plays at least 2 full quarters (health permitting). I think it’s likely that he plays more than that.

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

The Saints don’t seem to have many RBs, does anyone like any of them?

My take is that Boston Scott is a great play, except he can’t be projected for as many opportunities as other top options (Joe Williams, Akrum Wadley, Ryan Nall, and Ralph Webb, to name a few).

The best thing about Scott is that he can catch. He’s also the only guy in that backfield the Saints have invested in with draft capital. He’s the least proven in the NFL, which is good news/bad news. The big downside is that I can’t find much separation in that RB3 battle. Scott’s dealing with Terrance West, Trey Edmunds, Shane Vereen, and Jonathan Williams, all of whom should get some work.

Add in a couple touches for Kamara, Ingram, and/or Line and it’s hard to see anybody with a good, secure workload.

• Dfspacman

Heard they found gun part in Calloway “Escobar’s” car

• CleverGroom

@GoodOleTimes said...

Why hasnt anyone mentioned Lamar Jackson? what am i missing? he will play as much as any other QB on the slate and hes electric

I think Lamar Jackson is a good option. I also think he’ll be over-owned relative to Nate Sudfeld or DeShone Kizer, both of whom should project for equal or greater workloads and have more NFL experience.

I’m starting to talk myself into Danny Etling too, who’s also at home, should have more playing time than Jackson, and is surrounded by decent weapons who need passing reps.

• dopeismarcus

@elementasrat said...

He looked very overmatched at times last week. Maybe it was just the nerves of being in his first professional football game. His DFS ceiling is unreal though.

he did fine. the offensive line was terrible for him and rg3.

• Kylerusher

It’s pretty obvious qb is the easiest position to select with rb being the hardest in my opinion. Clevergroom I was wondering where you were getting the Rico gathers info on Dallas not liking him. I’m a cowboys fan and have a few fan pages and in the last couple weeks I’ve seen a couple stories on how good he has looked. He’s known to be a terrible blocker I do know that but every where I’ve seen is that like his receiving ability

• CleverGroom

@Kylerusher said...

Clevergroom I was wondering where you were getting the Rico gathers info on Dallas not liking him. I’m a cowboys fan and have a few fan pages and in the last couple weeks I’ve seen a couple stories on how good he has looked. He’s known to be a terrible blocker I do know that but every where I’ve seen is that like his receiving ability

It sounds like he’s been trending up this past week in camp.

The trouble for Gathers is that he’s a converted basketball player. He’s years behind his peers in blocking and fundamentals. Dallas was spoiled by having one of the best all-around TEs in NFL history, and they’ve been reluctant to commit to a one-trick pony as their next guy.

I think that makes sense. I wouldn’t want a TE who can’t block on my team either, if I could help it. Get you a man who can do both.

The trouble with my argument is that Gathers could still be in line for the most playing time in this spot. Blake Jarwin and Geoff Swaim are probably out after the first quarter or so. Dalton Schultz and Gathers probably get the most work. Gathers has the most upside as a receiver.

I think he’s a fine play. I don’t think he’s one of my favorites.

• AVivier

CG, what do you think of Mike Davis for your Hawks? Doubt they run Carson, Prosise and JD much.

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

CG, what do you think of Mike Davis for your Hawks? Doubt they run Carson, Prosise and JD much.

They’ll play everybody. Pete’s ruthless about competition. Nobody’s cracked 10 carries in this spot since 2013, when Marshawn Lynch was still the undisputed starter. Nobody in the entire world knows whether Carson or Penny starts week 1, cause Pete doesn’t know himself. It’s still an open question.

I think you’re right that Davis is likeliest to get a plurality of snaps. I also really like what Schotty’s said about using the backs more in the passing game, but Davis is at best a distant third option as a receiving back. I’d set the O/Us on opportunities around the following.

Davis: 7.5 carries, 1.5 targets
    Penny: 6.5 carries, 0.5 targets
    Carson: 6.5 carries, 0.5 targets
    Prosise: 1.5 carries, 2.5 targets
    McKissic: 0.5 carries, 1.5 targets

It’s gross. There’s much more concentrated backfields to target.

Also keep in mind that Alex McGough should play at least a half. As I’ve said, Davis knows the system already and Russ won’t play more than a couple series.

Now imagine Alex McGough behind Seattle’s 3rd-string offensive line. The Colts defense may be shallow and bad, but damn….

• GoodOleTimes

• PookieMan69

@Stangs13 said...

Nate Sudfeld to Josh Perkins (TE) has been a nice combo here and there in camp. Shelton Gibson also should get a decent amount of run at receiver.

• CleverGroom

I wonder what the ownership on Jarvis Landry will be now that Hard Knocks has outed him as the best receiver in the NFL.

I enjoy that show, but damn if it doesn’t make Browns Twitter impossible to read.

• depalma13

I can see D.J. Chark and/or Tre’Quan Smith getting TDs tonight.

• CleverGroom

@depalma13 said...

I can see D.J. Chark and/or Tre’Quan Smith getting TDs tonight.

Why do people think Tre’Quan Smith will get significant playing time? There’s a lot of WRs in NO still, and plenty of business to be settled among the WR5+ crowd. Brees won’t play. Smith is a roster lock as far as I can tell.

Why would he play more than a quarter?

• depalma13

@CleverGroom said...

Why do people think Tre’Quan Smith will get significant playing time? There’s a lot of WRs in NO still, and plenty of business to be settled among the WR5+ crowd. Brees won’t play. Smith is a roster lock as far as I can tell.

Why would he play more than a quarter?

He’s a deep threat who is going to get a chance at catching a long pass. One quarter is all he needs for 2 catches 60 yards and TD.

• CleverGroom

@depalma13 said...

He’s a deep threat who is going to get a chance at catching a long pass. One quarter is all he needs for 2 catches 60 yards and TD.

That’s mighty thin. I’ll play T.Y. Hilton receiving from Andrew Luck if I want to take that kind of risk, not Tre’Quan Smith from Taysom Hill or Tom Savage.

The point is that you can get equally good players for more than a quarter, or better players getting as many snaps. Not as if Smith is on the down-low anyway. Silva’s been touting him, among others.

• squidkill

@Kylerusher said...

Haha so don’t be prepared just in case? By playing your backup alot in preseason to get him ready for the what ifs?

Yeah that is going to happen regardless. Not sure what your point is. Brady won’t see any snaps until week 3 of preseason

• depalma13

@CleverGroom said...

That’s mighty thin. I’ll play T.Y. Hilton receiving from Andrew Luck if I want to take that kind of risk, not Tre’Quan Smith from Taysom Hill or Tom Savage.

The point is that you can get equally good players for more than a quarter, or better players getting as many snaps. Not as if Smith is on the down-low anyway. Silva’s been touting him, among others.

It’s preseason week one, everything is mighty thin.

• BIF

@Stangs13 said...

Make sure Callaway plays. He got arrested yesterday.

😂😂

Gotta love the National Criminal League

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler