10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Seattle ( -2 ) — T: 36

Friday, 8/9
    7:30 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -2.5 ) — T: 37
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) — T: 37

Saturday, 8/10
    8:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Kansas City ( -3.5 ) — T: 36.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Rams ( 4 ) at Oakland ( -4 ) — T: 36
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 4 ) at San Francisco ( -4 ) — T: 36

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PaperStacking92

AP NFL @AP_NFL 3h
    Panthers coach Ron Rivera says quarterback Cam Newton and linebacker Luke Kuechly will not play in Carolina’s preseason opener against the Bears.

• jayzee666

@manBEAST said...

Am I missing something or is the DK slate for Thurs/Fri/Sat games? If thats the case no thanks, I prefer daily fantasy not all weekend long fantasy, should at least be split into Thurs then another slate for Fri/Sat.

edit: I see it now seems to be just the Thurs games hard to tell on the app carry on!

Nice Rant!
    You sir should have a fine career in Social Media and the Twitterverse – see something, comment first and check facts(maybe) later!

:):) – Indicates a non-serious reply by me and no need to attack.

• AdamBski

Thoughts on the Def. to play?? I’m leaning towards my hometown bears…

• PookieMan69

@AdamBski said...

Bears Ravens Eagles look good

• PookieMan69

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1159115763527147520

Zach Cox from NESN tweeted, “A bunch of Patriots starters — including Brady, Gilmore, Hightower, Van Noy, Bennett, McCourtys, Chung, Collins, Michel, White — aren’t participating in this quarter-speed walkthrough. N’Keal Harry’s sitting out, too. I’d be surprised if any of them played tomorrow night.”

While expected from the joint scrimmages, good to be able to weed out a few of the players whenever possible.

• LegiaWwa

Seth Yates used to do great preseason write-ups. Any chance he returns to do those this season?

• markymark13

Joe Webb chalk incoming

• mciama2000

Good indicator on how the Pats plan to roll out with their starters and 2nd half guys. Looks like no Harry tomorrow:

Brian Hoyer took the initial reps surrounded by Brandon Bolden, Phillip Dorsett, Jakobi Meyers, Matt LaCosse and backup fullback Jakob Johnson.

When Jarrett Stidham took the field, his set of weapons consisted of UDFA running back Nick Brosette, Johnson, wide receivers Damoun Patterson, Ryan Davis and Gunner Olszewski.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/08/patriots-lions-joint-practices-tom-brady-should-miss-preseason-opener-after-sitting-out-and-more-observations-from-day-3-in-detroit.html

• salarycapfantasy

@LegiaWwa said...

Seth Yates used to do great preseason write-ups. Any chance he returns to do those this season?

It’s not likely.

• PookieMan69

@markymark13 said...

Joe Webb chalk incoming

Only to be usurped by Paxton Lynch chalk talk. Gotta love the preseason!

• CleverGroom

@AdamBski said...

I’m less interested in the Bears because I don’t entirely trust Chuck Pagano, Nagy is very cautious about playing starters, and Rivera is probably going to play some offensive starters at least a series or two even without Cam playing.

I’m leaning Ravens > Broncos > Eagles >= Dolphins.

• nickvogel8

Carroll said today Prosise and Homer won’t play and McKissic is GTD. Are they actually going to play Carson/Penny or are they just going to give all the work to Scarborough because I’m not seeing any other RBs on the roster?

• CleverGroom

@nickvogel8 said...

Carroll said today Prosise and Homer won’t play and McKissic is GTD. Are they actually going to play Carson/Penny or are they just going to give all the work to Scarborough because I’m not seeing any other RBs on the roster?

• PaperStacking92

McKissic (foot) was a full participant in Monday’s practice, Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times reports.

McKissic appears to have fully recovered from a foot sprain sustained during Saturday’s practice. The 25-year-old running back is competing to earn a role behind Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny.

• hcassidy

• CleverGroom

@hcassidy said...

Anyone like Chase Edmonds and Curtis Samuel?

Both way too established IMO. I’d be shocked if they played more than a couple series apiece. I wouldn’t dress Samuel at all if I were Riverboat.

• CleverGroom

@PaperStacking92 said...

McKissic (foot) was a full participant in Monday’s practice, Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times reports.

McKissic appears to have fully recovered from a foot sprain sustained during Saturday’s practice. The 25-year-old running back is competing to earn a role behind Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny.

That was before Pete Carroll described McKissic as a GTD and even before McKissic left Tuesday practice early holding his side.

It’s Bo Scarbrough and presumed Subway Sandwich Artist Xavier Turner, who I imagine Pete Carroll met Tuesday night over a foot-long BMT on Italian Herb & Cheese. The Seahawks beats are going crazy predicting that Turner will split reps with Bo, but I’d be surprised. Frank Reich worked Foreman extensively on Tuesday after signing him late Monday and he still doesn’t want to give him touches. You don’t give the ball to a guy who literally has never practiced with the team. It’s not fair to him, and it’s certainly not fair to the 10 other men who you’re trying to evaluate on the play.

ETA: In fairness to Turner, the Cards only waived him last Friday. He’s still a UDFA with no Seahawks experience or practice, and he’s not in the player pool for DFS. My expectation remains that he touches the ball minimally, if at all.

• BaltimoreBlitz

How much do you think they’ll limit D.K Metcalf coming off his oblique strain? Pete Carroll said he’s good to go but still.

• AdamBski

@BaltimoreBlitz said...

How much do you think they’ll limit D.K Metcalf coming off his oblique strain? Pete Carroll said he’s good to go but still.

I was wondering the same thing. Even though Carrol said today’s game will be for the “rooks” I have a feeling they’ll limit his reps. I actually switched out DK for Andy Isabela in my main one..

• CleverGroom

@AdamBski said...

I was wondering the same thing. Even though Carrol said today’s game will be for the “rooks” I have a feeling they’ll limit his reps. I actually switched out DK for Andy Isabela in my main one..

I’m just gonna play the rooks instead. They’ve got some intriguing ones who definitely need the action, and Keenan Reynolds has been buzzy too. If DK kills my LUs in a quarter of PT, at least I can enjoy that somewhat as a Seahawks homer.

Isabella doesn’t sound too healthy himself. Returned to practice, but he’s been nursing a knee. He’s not in my player pool either.

• Ryweezycf

I would pivot to Kesean Johnson over Isabela. Blazing speed and could break loose for a nice long TD

• depalma13

In preseason, I want defenses where the team is favored by 4 or more points.

Browns, Bears or Eagles.

• clrockny24

@CleverGroom said...

What you need to focus on are thin position groups on each team

also, I saw the titans only have three qb’s. Two of which – Mariota and Tannehill – have plenty of experience. Logan Woodside is third on the depth chart.

• Ullys

What about Atlanta, considering Benkert’s injury?
    No way Simms playing today right?
    Is Schaub too bad for us to even care?

• thedkexperience

Hi! My name is Dan and I have a gambling problem.

Ok, now that that’s out of the way, who are we parlaying tonight kids? Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.*

• don’t bring good sneakers kayaking.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler