10:00pm St. Louis(-1) at Oakland —- T:36.0
    10:00pm Denver at Seattle(-5) —- T:37.0

Saturday, 8/15
    8:00pm San Francisco at Houston(-3) —- T:35.5
    8:00pm Tampa Bay at Minnesota(-3.5) —- T:36.0
    9:00pm Kansas City at Arizona(-2.5) —- T:35.5

Sunday, 8/16
    1:00pm Indianapolis at Philadelphia(-4) —- T:42.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• madchuck

Is any Grinder making a Preseason NFL Lineup. I tried it, picked a QB, then was dumfounded. I had no clue who to pick. I think I’m just going to skip until the regular season.

• MichaelHendricks16

i will play some.. My strategy is looking at the best 2nd and 3rd stringers who will get the majority of the snaps.

• PDFOUR

I am doing the same thing. Remember, in Preseason the starters aren’t going to play all 4 quarters. They usually play a quarter or possibly two.

• PDFOUR

I just realized everything in Draftkings NFL Preseason cost 5.5k. Interesting….

• DailyLoser

So who are you guys looking at for QB? Not trying to say tell me who you are definitely taking….but I was looking at Bryce Petty Jets, maybe Josh Freeman on MIA, or maybe tonight’s game with either Landry Jones or Tajh Boyd

• sgjanik6

It sucks they dont have all available skill players. For the Steelers they’re missing guys like CJ Goodwin and ALL of their tight ends..? I know the player pool would be insanely large if they had every possible skill player, but isnt that what would make preseason DFS so fun? Finding those guys at the bottom of the barrel, fighting for a spot. A little weird to me.

• PDFOUR

• DailyLoser

Clausen is interesting….I’m still leaning Landry because he is starting and this Tomlin quote from yesterday

“The third-year quarterback was once taken in the fourth round, thought to be the team’s future backup, if not starter. That notion took some damage over two shaky preseasons, but Jones has done well in camp this year. Mike Tomlin said Friday “It’s a significant game for (him), and he’s going to play a lot.””

• VinnyT87

Have you guys thought about checking out a 12-step gambling addict group instead? LOL

• bigperm0107

I want to play so bad but feel like I would just be donating my money. I think its funny the nfl website doesn’t even mention anything about the games on it at all.

• Cityworkout

I don’t know who to play even though I am very well prepared for season long.

• rickmeseke

i like matt shcaub with a mix of starters/backups for the rest of it.

• sethayates

Here is my preseason picks blog with some strategy advice.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nfl-preseason-strategy-and-8-9-picks-774450

I think you absolutely have to play Landry in this game set. The only QBs Pittsburgh plans to use are LAndry, Boyd, and Tyler Murphy (who is trying to make the team at WR). I think we could see Landry for almost three quarters. Some will look at Taj Boyd but I want the guy who gets reps behind the better offensive linemen and plays with the better receivers.

I’m also really sad that DK doesn’t have Jesse James (Steelers TE) in the player pool. He’s going to catch a TD tonight. I would have used him on every team.

I will also be writing an article with my top plays from the Thursday slate but I won’t know who those are until game day. If you want to play this slate you can use my picks from tonight and then fill in with guys playing thursday and swap them out with my picks from thursday once that article is posted.

• DailyLoser

@sethayates said...

Here is my preseason picks blog with some strategy advice.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nfl-preseason-strategy-and-8-9-picks-774450

I think you absolutely have to play Landry in this game set. The only QBs Pittsburgh plans to use are LAndry, Boyd, and Tyler Murphy (who is trying to make the team at WR). I think we could see Landry for almost three quarters. Some will look at Taj Boyd but I want the guy who gets reps behind the better offensive linemen and plays with the better receivers.

I’m also really sad that DK doesn’t have Jesse James (Steelers TE) in the player pool. He’s going to catch a TD tonight. I would have used him on every team.

Thank you for that. Great write up (only half way through too)….question for you. What do you think about playing a rookie RB like Melvin Gordon in pre-season? Chargers know they have something special but do you think he sees more than a quarter of action?

• FantasyAces

Hey Grinders
    We will be posting NFL Preseason shortly so you can get your feet wet with our roster structure and player salaries. Week 1 regular season contest will be loaded by the EOW.

• sethayates

@FantasyAces said...

Hey Grinders
    We will be posting NFL Preseason shortly so you can get your feet wet with our roster structure and player salaries. Week 1 regular season contest will be loaded by the EOW.

I will make sure to include FantasyAces in my next set of picks. You guys don’t have late swap so you will just be running one-day slates right? There are 6 games on THU 8/13, 6 games on FRI 8/14, 3 games on Sat 8/15, and 1 game on Sun 8/16. It would make sense to me if you ran THU and FRI as one-day slates and then SAT-SUN as a combined 4 game slate. I will play whatever though. I love me some preseason NFL!

• sethayates

@DailyLoser said...

Thank you for that. Great write up (only half way through too)….question for you. What do you think about playing a rookie RB like Melvin Gordon in pre-season? Chargers know they have something special but do you think he sees more than a quarter of action?

I want to read up more on Gordon this week but from what I’m seeing so far there’s nothing wrong with using him. He got reps with the first team at fanfest according to this article. I would just double check the W2W4 article on game day to see how many reps he is likely to get.

• DailyLoser

@sethayates said...

I want to read up more on Gordon this week but from what I’m seeing so far there’s nothing wrong with using him. He got reps with the first team at fanfest according to this article. I would just double check the W2W4 article on game day to see how many reps he is likely to get.

Thank you sir, appreciate that.

• ATLSoulchild

I am really deciding between Landry Jones and Brandon Weeden. I think Weeden will get 3 qtrs with the Cowboys and is a better overall QB (sadly) than Landry. But, I might end up siding with Landry. Cant argue with 3 quarters of play from Landry.

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

I am heavy Landry even though you can’t pair him with all the options you would want. The question for me is whether I roster a Steelers RB. With Bell out and Williams old, there should be more opportunities for the few guys left.

Probably Landry in 75% of my entries with the rest 100% fading this game.

• sethayates

@AndThisGuyPeedOnIt said...

I am heavy Landry even though you can’t pair him with all the options you would want. The question for me is whether I roster a Steelers RB. With Bell out and Williams old, there should be more opportunities for the few guys left.

I don’t think Williams is going to play. Tomlin is resting several of the older guys because the Steelers get 5 preseason games instead of 4. I really like Dre Archer.

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

@sethayates said...

I don’t think Williams is going to play. Tomlinson is resting several of the older guys because the Steelers get 5 preseason games instead of 4. I really like Dre Archer.

I don’t think so either, but I haven’t found any confirmation. I’d guess two series, tops, in any event. I like Archer too, but there are also a couple others who may get some run.

I’m thinking a Jimmy Pickles/”(player-popup)Marquess Wilson”:/players/marquess-wilson-16908 stack might have some value.

• jshackmann

I’m running a quarter arcade lineup out there. Just throwing younger guys out there but who knows.

• theoddsmaker

Doesn’t look like DK has much of the player pool this week. Couple of Browns RB that should see most of the load this week aren’t even in the player pool

• sethayates

@theoddsmaker said...

Doesn’t look like DK has much of the player pool this week. Couple of Browns RB that should see most of the load this week aren’t even in the player pool

I’m not sure what’s up with the player pool. Im guessing this is a STATs issue. From what I understand DK gets the player pool from STATs. I doubt any site will ever get anything close to 100% of the players. There are too many moving parts. In just happy to have preseason back.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).