10:00pm St. Louis(-1) at Oakland —- T:36.0
    10:00pm Denver at Seattle(-5) —- T:37.0

Saturday, 8/15
    8:00pm San Francisco at Houston(-3) —- T:35.5
    8:00pm Tampa Bay at Minnesota(-3.5) —- T:36.0
    9:00pm Kansas City at Arizona(-2.5) —- T:35.5

Sunday, 8/16
    1:00pm Indianapolis at Philadelphia(-4) —- T:42.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• SummersJr27

Am I missing something? No steelers TE’s on Draft Kings

• pepsies15

@SummersJr27 said...

Am I missing something? No steelers TE’s on Draft Kings

No Steelers players on DK. Apparently there was a glitch in the system, idk.

• SummersJr27

Oh i gotcha

• TheBenk

Sleeper RB is Terron Ward. Freeman and Coleman are out with hamstrings. Staff doesnt want to put too much on Smith coming off that broken leg. Ward will get the lions share.

• sethayates

Hearing AJ McCarron is out. Josh Johnson should play a bunch. Problem is he just isn’t that good. Will be a test of whether minutes or matchup matter more.

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/632311273376624640

• BreakingBacon

@sethayates said...

Hearing AJ McCarron is out. Josh Johnson should play a bunch. Problem is he just isn’t that good. Will be a test of whether minutes or matchup matter more.

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/632311273376624640

Well with mccarron out does that make Alford a mediocre play now?

• SummersJr27

Joe Webb expected to play a lot I know its Carolina, but hey preseason is all about finding players that are going to get snaps right?

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/14941/cam-newton-wont-play-much-against-bills-but-the-player-that-imitated-him-will

• kantiger77

DK left off the Vikings players tomorrow…I emailed and they said it was a technical glitch so they wouldn’t be available.

• Wildcat677

Falcons beat writer suggesting antone smith may only play 1-2 series. If so that ends that debate, fire up Terron Ward.

• BreakingBacon

Just read that freeman and Coleman were playing, source Dan Matthews

• BreakingBacon

Looks like it was a crap source

• theoddsmaker

Seems like starting legit starting WRs (let’s say under 28) looks like the way to go. Feel like teams really move the ball and just pump it to the star WR in 1-2 series to rack up a decent game worth of stats. Then 8-9 WRs close out the rest of the game to get 1 Rec 12 yds 0 TDs a piece. Not really worth taking fliers on guys that will be getting a ton of garbage time.

• theoddsmaker

is cobb playing?

• impurityz

I have not seen cobb in yet.

Started both Buffalo rbs, good strat Seth

• theoddsmaker

Apparently getting Antone Smith a “few carries” = going to give him 50 carries or until he re-breaks his leg again, which ever comes first.

• gundog8324

@impurityz said...

I have not seen cobb in yet.

Started both Buffalo rbs, good strat Seth

Same here, if Burkhead gets a TD all 3 of my RBs will have came through

• kettlebell

Had Smith, Williams, and Brown. Swapped Smith with Ward at the last second.

• cy1985

What do you guys like for the Saturday slate?

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

@theoddsmaker said...

Apparently getting Antone Smith a “few carries” = going to give him 50 carries or until he re-breaks his leg again, which ever comes first.

Super sleeper Ward was literally asleep, that’s how deep of a sleeper he was.

Three preseason slates and my bankroll is up 50% and I have 7 millionaire maker tickets. Love it.

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Managed to put together a lineup that min cashed 5050s and won 70% of h2h’s. The amount of dead LU’s was significantly less than the Thursday night slate. Looks like I’m done with preseason now if it’s just going to be a crapshoot.

• madchuck

@DermDerm said...

Managed to put together a lineup that min cashed 5050s and won 70% of h2h’s. The amount of dead LU’s was significantly less than the Thursday night slate. Looks like I’m done with preseason now if it’s just going to be a crapshoot.

I lost twice on Preseason, it’s kind of stupid. I’m done until the regular season.

• SummersJr27

49ers QB, anyone heard if Kaepernick is expected to play at all tonight? I’m trying to figure out what backup is going to get more reps. Coach Tomsula is really big on backup Gabbert I’m wondering if those 2 will get the first half and rookie Dylan Thompson play the second half since its first game of preseason. Any thoughts?

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

@DermDerm said...

It’s not even close to a crapshoot, but there is no reason to play cash games in preseason. Everyone’s floor is zero. You want to be multi entry on GPPs.

I had shares of every running back you wanted to own, chalky TEs and wide receivers put up numbers, and the Falcons defense was the super obvious play of the night. Mix them together right, and you win.

• ATLSoulchild

Completely agree. I made 10 lus. And each time I made a lu, it was in mind to make it a cash lu. But, that feeling never came. It was impossible to build a cash lu last night. I played all of my lus in every tourney and 6 of the 10 lus cashed, which ended up giving me a nice profit last night. Same thing for tonight. No cash lus should be getting filled. I don’t know how anyone can build a lu and feel comfortable enough for cash games.

• BreakingBacon

not really sure why you should play tonight. Only 3 games and one of the teams isn’t available… Hate this beep just combine Saturday and Sunday.to add an additional game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).