10:00pm St. Louis(-1) at Oakland —- T:36.0
    10:00pm Denver at Seattle(-5) —- T:37.0

Saturday, 8/15
    8:00pm San Francisco at Houston(-3) —- T:35.5
    8:00pm Tampa Bay at Minnesota(-3.5) —- T:36.0
    9:00pm Kansas City at Arizona(-2.5) —- T:35.5

Sunday, 8/16
    1:00pm Indianapolis at Philadelphia(-4) —- T:42.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• magicfan101

@SummersJr27 said...

49ers QB, anyone heard if Kaepernick is expected to play at all tonight? I’m trying to figure out what backup is going to get more reps. Coach Tomsula is really big on backup Gabbert I’m wondering if those 2 will get the first half and rookie Dylan Thompson play the second half since its first game of preseason. Any thoughts?

I don’t think a set in stone snap counts matters at all that much in preseason. There seems to be some type of unwritten rule that QBs can only have one passing TD. Last night for instance there were several QBs that got pulled as soon as they got their TD. Also alomost everyone hovered around 10 points at the QB spot.

• magicfan101

@BreakingBacon said...

not really sure why you should play tonight. Only 3 games and one of the teams isn’t available… Hate this beep just combine Saturday and Sunday.to add an additional game.

Yeah, I want to play Tebow so badly. He has the potential for one TD and several 2point conversion points.

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

@AndThisGuyPeedOnIt said...

It’s not even close to a crapshoot, but there is no reason to play cash games in preseason. Everyone’s floor is zero. You want to be multi entry on GPPs.

I had shares of every running back you wanted to own, chalky TEs and wide receivers put up numbers, and the Falcons defense was the super obvious play of the night. Mix them together right, and you win.

Eh Wednesday night I feel there was an edge is cash game with the likes of AP, Bell, etc being 10% owned, that wasn’t there last night. Players adapt or move on. I’m not a gpp player primarily (going to attempt this year during the regular season after some studying I’ve done) but on a sample basis.

• DermDerm

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

And I also don’t think there’s ever a super obvious defense in preseason

• cy1985

Finished in the top 60 last night in the $27 on DK. I spent 90 minutes reading all the team reports, here and some other sources. I really don’t think people put a lot of time into these things like this community does.

I spent close to 2 hours fielding a team for tonight. I am not sure whether I’ll roll the dice and play the $27 again, most likely the $3, but you can find advantages.

The defense is the toss up moment no doubt.

• salarycapfantasy

@DermDerm said...

And I also don’t think there’s ever a super obvious defense in preseason

Falcons were obvious as it gets. New coach, defense focus first time in a while. Rookie QB. Unset Titans line.

• gundog8324

Personally I through some into cash for a few reasons. The first being practice for managing during the regular season, if I don’t get into the routine of Cash+GPPs come week one I blow my bankroll on GPPs that might not pan out, the second is when the minimum GPP prize is comparable to the cash prize I feel a little safer with the increase chance of payouts.

That said on to the fun stuff, I see a handful of RBs I like and maybe a TE but trying to find a QB and WR combo will be a bit tricky, Tempted to follow the advice I saw Yesterday and pick a first string Stud WR who will get 7-8pts on the opening drive instead of gambling on which of the back ups will grab a TD

• theoddsmaker

@gundog8324 said...

Tempted to follow the advice I saw Yesterday and pick a first string Stud WR who will get 7-8pts on the opening drive instead of gambling on which of the back ups will grab a TD

Believe that was me ;) thought it went unnoticed per usual.

But yes I mean it seems like when the starters are in teams run the 2 minute offense against a prevent vanilla defense and a stud WR has a great game in one series. While the rest of the game is a garbage fest where both coaches are just running out the clock and it’s just 9 WRs contributing a catch each.

• gundog8324

Well I wish I would have followed it yesterday and taken Benjamin and Julio lol

• Jfinn

Any idea on how long Jalen Strong will play today?

• SummersJr27

I’ve been trying to find info on Jalen as well, haven’t really seen anything to assuring I think it will be a gamble as with most WR’s since there are still so many on each team in position battles. After multiple entries last night, it seems you can still win cash games and place in GPP’s with 2 WR’s having average games and 1 with 0 points as long as you place the rest of your team right. Hitting good on all receivers I think will be the main difference in GPP’s.

• SummersJr27

That was just my personal experience from last night, though with only 5 teams on the slate for tonight, could be a completely different outcome.

• gundog8324

@SummersJr27 said...

That was just my personal experience from last night, though with only 5 teams on the slate for tonight, could be a completely different outcome.

The smaller slate probably just makes hitting on the WRs more important than before

• SummersJr27

@gundog8324 said...

The smaller slate probably just makes hitting on the WRs more important than before

Yea thats what I was thinking, have you already done your research and lineups for tonight?

• gundog8324

I have done some but I am hoping for more preview articles to show up. Other than that the only major “research” I have yet to do is go to Church tonight to pray for a miracle or two

• salarycapfantasy

@theoddsmaker said...

Believe that was me ;) thought it went unnoticed per usual.

But yes I mean it seems like when the starters are in teams run the 2 minute offense against a prevent vanilla defense and a stud WR has a great game in one series. While the rest of the game is a garbage fest where both coaches are just running out the clock and it’s just 9 WRs contributing a catch each.

I did. I had Matt Ryan and Julio. A lot of other 2nd and 3rd with them. Had me at 6th place but I couldn’t hold it as the info on Ward was bad and that was the only card I put the Bills on instead of the Falcons. I had the right guys on my 3 cards, just not together.

But, yes, if you know of a situation that you think they will attack for one series and out, do it. Julio is healthy this year and playing while working out a long term deal. I knew they were going to do some flash and dash and that is a good of a combo as any. I do not see anyone like that on Sat lineups. The only starter that might be worth it is Kelce.

• gundog8324

Maybe Mike Evans, TB might try to get him and Winston into a rhythm

• SummersJr27

Rookie Chris Conley is still listed as questionable for the game tonight, he began practice Monday and they say he has a lot of catching up to do. Do you think this means he will probably not see action tonight, and play more week 2 and 3?

• gundog8324

I would always ignore somebody that is questionable in a preseason game, especially week 1

• rvmpj10

I’d take Frankie Hammond if you are taking a KC WR not named Maclin. Shoulda see the most PT with 2s and 3s and should be returning a few punts and kicks. I like a flier on James O’Shaunessy too

• Thomas21

Is Knile Davis the top RB option tonight?

• rvmpj10

I’d honestly rather take Chacandrik West. I just feel like Knile won’t get as much time. I’ll probably have one of each

• TommyWantWingy33

Really wish I could stack my vikes tonight. It’s way easier in pre season when you know your team and who will get PT

• codyallison1026

hmmmmmm I think i’m leaning Mike Glennon but also like Chase Daniels, I was trying to gauge who would get a lot of reps for the Texans seeing that I watched Hard Knocks and was thinking of playing Mallet but idk

• Jfinn

Anyone have any info on how the Chiefs will use the mamba? If he gets a couple catches and some time at RB he will have some upside.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).