10:00pm St. Louis(-1) at Oakland —- T:36.0
    10:00pm Denver at Seattle(-5) —- T:37.0

Saturday, 8/15
    8:00pm San Francisco at Houston(-3) —- T:35.5
    8:00pm Tampa Bay at Minnesota(-3.5) —- T:36.0
    9:00pm Kansas City at Arizona(-2.5) —- T:35.5

Sunday, 8/16
    1:00pm Indianapolis at Philadelphia(-4) —- T:42.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• AssaniFisher

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x6

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@sethayates said...

Here is my preseason picks blog with some strategy advice.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nfl-preseason-strategy-and-8-9-picks-774450

I think you absolutely have to play Landry in this game set. The only QBs Pittsburgh plans to use are LAndry, Boyd, and Tyler Murphy (who is trying to make the team at WR). I think we could see Landry for almost three quarters. Some will look at Taj Boyd but I want the guy who gets reps behind the better offensive linemen and plays with the better receivers.

I’m also really sad that DK doesn’t have Jesse James (Steelers TE) in the player pool. He’s going to catch a TD tonight. I would have used him on every team.

I will also be writing an article with my top plays from the Thursday slate but I won’t know who those are until game day. If you want to play this slate you can use my picks from tonight and then fill in with guys playing thursday and swap them out with my picks from thursday once that article is posted.

Great article. Any additional insight into Coates vs DHB? You seem to be leaning towards Coates, but the writeup on his DK player page made it seem as if hes been struggling and DHB has looked better:

UPDATE: Coates’ performance has been unexceptional during the first two days of training camp, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Heyward Bey has been good. Haven’t noticed much out of Coates,” said beat writer Mark Kaboly.

ANALYSIS: The Steelers drafted Coates in the third round (87th overall), so it stands to reason that their expectations are high. He entered training camp behind Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton and Martavis Bryant, but he is not a lock to win the WR4 spot. If he struggles, and veteran Darrius Heyward-Bey continues to impress, Coates could be inactive to start the season.

• sethayates

@AssaniFisher said...

Great article. Any additional insight into Coates vs DHB? You seem to be leaning towards Coates, but the writeup on his DK player page made it seem as if hes been struggling and DHB has looked better:

UPDATE: Coates’ performance has been unexceptional during the first two days of training camp, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Heyward Bey has been good. Haven’t noticed much out of Coates,” said beat writer Mark Kaboly.

ANALYSIS: The Steelers drafted Coates in the third round (87th overall), so it stands to reason that their expectations are high. He entered training camp behind Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton and Martavis Bryant, but he is not a lock to win the WR4 spot. If he struggles, and veteran Darrius Heyward-Bey continues to impress, Coates could be inactive to start the season.

I probably should have emphasised some caution with Coates in the blog. I also read that he hasn’t looked great in camp. The reason I recommended him is because The Steelers have 5 preseason games instead of 4. Tomlin is treating this like a practice and holding veterans out. He mostly knows what Heyward-Bey can do (still a good play) for better or worse I think he throws Coates to the wolves tonight. Need to see what the kid can do. Maybe that’s nothing.

• theoddsmaker

I think Coates is worth the risk. As Seth pointed out its about opportunity not how good you look in camp. Just means he should see nice run tonight and that’s all that matters. We don’t need to be NFL GMs here just take guys that are supposed to see playing time.

• ATLSoulchild

When are the W2W4 normally posted on ESPN? Only 3 hours to game time and haven’t seen anything.

• sethayates

@ATLSoulchild said...

When are the W2W4 normally posted on ESPN? Only 3 hours to game time and haven’t seen anything.

I tweeted one of the guys who writes for ESPN. I may have to update that section. Last year every writer had to submit one on game day. I think the disconnect here is that this is the HOF game and the team writers have already filed a bunch of induction pieces. I think W2W4 come back on Thursday when more teams are playing.

• realdeals

Yeah, if you’re going to run PS contests, the player pool should include all the players. Since Pit and Min will be playing 5 games this PS I wouldn’t expect even the 2nd and 3rd stringers to play much.
    Think Chisolm will get more run than archer and Cj Goodwin more than Coates. Also TE C Clear.

• realdeals

@theoddsmaker said...

I think Coates is worth the risk. As Seth pointed out its about opportunity not how good you look in camp. Just means he should see nice run tonight and that’s all that matters. We don’t need to be NFL GMs here just take guys that are supposed to see playing time.

I could def be wrong, but I don’t think so on Coats for this game. Final PS game is where I’d look at Coats. He’s a high draft pick apin the 1st of 5 PS games, doubt he plays more than a Q.

• theoddsmaker

Mike Wallace revenge game

• eKing

So, FanDuel really isn’t doing preseason? I like to use that site more than DK. >_<

My memory is super sharp. I remember this time last year Seth throwing a tip in the chat for pre-season, everyone bypassed it, but luckily I caught it, used it and won a couple hundred bucks. Good times. Keep it up^

• Damp_Toaster

Stefon Diggs (MIN) has been having a great camp and also has the opportunity for a KR TD. Should get a lot of looks tonight

• sethayates

@eKing said...

So, FanDuel really isn’t doing preseason? I like to use that site more than DK. >_<

My memory is super sharp. I remember this time last year Seth throwing a tip in the chat for pre-season, everyone bypassed it, but luckily I caught it, used it and won a couple hundred bucks. Good times. Keep it up^

They haven’t 100% said they won’t. They wouldn’t have anything for this slate anyways since they don’t have late swap. The good news is that FantasyAces will have preseason this year! If FD goes away we still have two sites for the next few weeks.

• Mattg45

Anyone looking at vikings or steelers defense tonight?

• Frustrated

All I know is that the Cowboys have some beasts at receiver. Greenberry, Farmer, and Goodley? WTH? Really? Nobody drafted these guys?

• Damp_Toaster

I heard that Fanduel isn’t doing pre-season contests this year because they don’t want new players trying DFS and do poorly then not play anymore

• theoddsmaker

@realdeals said...

I could def be wrong, but I don’t think so on Coats for this game. Final PS game is where I’d look at Coats. He’s a high draft pick apin the 1st of 5 PS games, doubt he plays more than a Q.

Spelling it Coats not once, but twice is making me have a hard time trusting you.. lol

• djjoeyg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000508030/article/what-to-watch-for-in-steelersvikings-hof-game

if you are looking for the W2W4

• sethayates

@theoddsmaker said...

Spelling it Coats not once, but twice is making me have a hard time trusting you.. lol

Coats is my top play at Men’s Warehouse.

• theoddsmaker

@djjoeyg said...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000508030/article/what-to-watch-for-in-steelersvikings-hof-game

eh that felt more like a season preview for each team. think he could have done a better job focusing on tonight’s game alone. I don’t need a reminder that Bryant-Wheaton are battling out to be Robin to Antonio’s Batman. Didn’t even mention Sammie Coates either, feel like this would be his game to show off a bit as he mentioned in an interview he should be seeing plenty of opps tonight.

• theoddsmaker

@sethayates said...

Coats is my top play at Men’s Warehouse.

Maybe this is a narrative that Coats will be putting on a show for the guys on the sideline wearing gold jackets(coats)?

• Damp_Toaster

I know its hard to tell things from last season but might help a little when figuring out how much playing time 2nd and 3rd stringers might get http://www.nfl.com/scores/2014/PRE1

• depalma13

Brandon Coleman is supposed to be having a huge camp in NO. I guess that would make him a must use.

• realdeals

@theoddsmaker said...

Hah. You should def start him now.

• realdeals

@djjoeyg said...

Thanks for posting. I have a hard time believing Archer will play much. I’m going Landry only for this game, no Vikings.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Degenerates everywhere…

• ATLSoulchild

Archer is the huge dilemma right now. I am throwing him in 1 lu just to cover my bases. I can’t see him getting more than 7 carries, but with this being preseason, there may be a lot of short passes and I can see him catching 5 passes. I think 10 pts may be a safe floor for him. Maybe I am reaching though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).