Saturday, 8/20

PANTHERS AT TITANS
    GIANTS AT BILLS
    RAVENS AT COLTS
    BUCCANEERS AT JAGUARS
    SAINTS AT TEXANS
    49ERS AT BRONCOS
    CHIEFS AT RAMS

Let’s get the discussion going. Here is a copy of my spreadsheet. This has snap counts, WR targets, and several others stats. If you want to sort or filter you’ll have to click “File, Save a Copy”

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13PaiKd8F7l_ysi0AdTtygNiCGqeJa7ktZvzu-j0ykIA/edit

This week I’ll still be targeting backups for the most part but I will probably mix some starters in too. Who do you guys like?

• BIF

Tempted to stack RG3 and Coleman as I think the Browns will want to put on a good show for home crowd plus I don’t think anyone on Falcs defense can stay with Coleman in open field.

• BIF

Interesting to see how much GB threw to TE’s last week – had Cook circled a couple days ago expecting him and A Rodgers to keep building chemistry.

• petecc7

Thanks Seth!! Great info as always. In past years, in general, have the starters gotten more work than Week 1 or about the same? I know they get the most time in Week 3, but didn’t know if there was a progression of reps from Weeks 1-3 and then the abyss that is Week 4. If you know of any such trend from last year, please let us know. Thanks.

• bonuscash

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

RG3 just filed for divorce, so revenge game!(or making alimony payments game)..its hard to find narratives in the preseason

God, I love/hate twitter in August.

• fantasygeek317

So who does everyone like for Thursday of Week 2?

• sethayates

@petecc7 said...

Thanks Seth!! Great info as always. In past years, in general, have the starters gotten more work than Week 1 or about the same? I know they get the most time in Week 3, but didn’t know if there was a progression of reps from Weeks 1-3 and then the abyss that is Week 4. If you know of any such trend from last year, please let us know. Thanks.

I’ll confirm this as I research but in my mind the workload for starters usually goes from 1-2 Series>1 Quarter>1 Half>No Playing time across the four games in preseason.

Starters are in play this week if you think they can get you to “value” (about 10 points) in one quarter. As far as backups we can still use the second-string and third-string guys but we should be aware that guys who played the whole second half last week will have their snaps cut. The nice thing is we can start to rule out some backups that barely played last week. If a guy is the 6th WR on the depth chart and only saw 10 snaps we can pretty much rile him out for this week. The starters are likely to absorb most of those 10 snaps.

• MrMadness001

Starters will probably see 1 full quarter and maybe most or at least half of the second quarter this week. Doug Pederson said that Bradford and his 1st team starters will be playing at least that much this week. And from just glancing at box scores from last years Week 2 games that seems about the same for most other teams as well.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Playing in the Sun/Thurs 25k play action on DK, left one line up with all Thursday players so I can do some extra research tonight and build the best possible line up. Hope it works because the ownership from some of the Sunday players seemed to be pretty high.

• mellofellowsu

@bonuscash said...

RG3 just filed for divorce, so revenge game!(or making alimony payments game)..its hard to find narratives in the preseason

God, I love/hate twitter in August.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

I’m dying laugh at work. Might get kicked out the office.

• Genghis_Khan

@mellofellowsu said...

Hahahaha that’s awesome.

Btw saw you near the top of some leaderboards this week bonuscash, nice work.

• bonuscash

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

Thanks, GK! It was a good week.

• Bricarr2

Anyone have any thoughts on the Viking RB situation. Ham seems like a good play but the rest of seems like a cluster. Any insight would be appreciated.

• Ckp67

Feel like Philly D will go overlooked. Will play a a combo of Jones/Vaughn at QB and Brown, Big Ben, and DWill are sitting. Philly 1s will play whole first quarter too so maybe pick six?

• WorldWideWes

Play more starters this week? Or still 4s and 5s?

• cxt7

I plan on playing on draftkings and fandaction below is some players I like
    Rb..daily Richardson
    Wr jeremy kerleyes
    Te perillo
    Def seattle

• codyallison1026

Can’t figure out if I want any starters. I’m considering Julio or Green but AJ should have a top 5 corner on him in slay. Not that he can’t beat him but with limited playing time ~roughly a quarter I could see him maybe only catching 1-2 balls.

Think I will role out a Rb in the flex spot as well for a higher floor who do you guys like ?
    I’m thinking Collins, Zenner, Gaffney, and maybe the raiders rookie Washington or Crockett.

• HeeHawTime

Your head is in the right spot for RB. I like Collins this week, based on what Yates mentioned regarding a potential increase in playing time (slight injury last week and a depleted backfield).

Totally torn on AJ Green as well… And Zach Ertz. Is he really going to be out there for as many snaps again? Or are they going to flip the scrip and give Trey Burton that many snaps and Ertz gets only a few?

I really like Paul Turner, Aldrick Robinson, and the Patriots (is Bennett or Derby the play?)

• Butternutter

@codyallison1026 said...

Can’t figure out if I want any starters. I’m considering Julio or Green but AJ should have a top 5 corner on him in slay. Not that he can’t beat him but with limited playing time ~roughly a quarter I could see him maybe only catching 1-2 balls.

Think I will role out a Rb in the flex spot as well for a higher floor who do you guys like ?
    I’m thinking Collins, Zenner, Gaffney, and maybe the raiders rookie Washington or Crockett.

Gaffney, and maybe the raiders rookie Washington or Crockett.

yep

• codyallison1026

I have yet to get a point out of my tight end other than like one catch from Jessie James on one of my teams lol. Per Seths article I’m considering ertz but probably will end up with Derby. All of the Aldrick Robinson for me again as well. Is the GB receiver to play Abbrederis? Lots of targets up for grabs with all the injuries

• SlabOfMeatloaf

Who are your favorite tight ends this week? It seems to be the only position I’m having a tough time figuring out..

• flip4flop

Garrapolo and Hundley are who I am rolling with today

• Ckp67

@flip4flop said...

Garrapolo and Hundley are who I am rolling with today

Chase Daniel and Hundley*

• duck3134

RG Overall Ranking

Most of my line ups will have Garrapolo or Hundley, I will play a little Ryan/Julio this week. Ryan was 0/4 last week and I think the Falcons would like to give him a little confidence.

At RB a bunch of Gaffney, Washington with some Richardson Collins and Smallwood mixed in

Wides I’ll be mixing and matching Abbrederis, Treadwell, Dobson, Carter, Braverman, Erickson, Coats, Prior, Hardy, Robinson and Turner

Derby and Bennett are my top two TEs followed by Ertz.

• HeeHawTime

With Edelman back, does that hurt Bennett’s value?… since they both will be competing for targets with the first unit

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).