Friday
    07:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) — T: 37
    07:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) — T: 38
    07:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Carolina ( -3 ) — T: 37.5
    07:30 PM EST : Buffalo ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) — T: 38
    08:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 39.5

Saturday
    01:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 4 ) at Minnesota ( -4 ) — T: 38
    04:00 PM EST : Raiders ( PK ) at LA Rams ( PK ) — T: ??
    07:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) — T: 37.5
    08:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1.5 ) at Houston ( -1.5 ) — T: 37.5
    08:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) at Tennessee ( -2.5 ) — T: 38
    09:05 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) — T: 39.5
    10:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -1.5 ) at LA Chargers ( 1.5 ) — T: 37.5

Monday
    08:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( PK ) at Indianapolis ( PK ) — T: 37

• AVivier

Pats have the highest implied total for the Thursday slate, so we get to play the Belichick guessing game again.

• heyfeefellskee

83% of the Preseason week 1 games (on the thursday slate) went over their game total

83% of the away teams outscored their implied total

66% of the home teams outscored their implied total

Vegas is a little less conservative with their lines so far, but 11 of 16 games this weekend had a total of 40 points or more. Interesting trend to follow.

• jtkucheck

Specifically with regard to Niners RBs- Jerick McKinnon has a calf strain, Matt Breida separated his shoulder, Raheem Mostert is needed for special teams duty, Joe Williams was attending a funeral and may or may not be involved in this week’s plans. So, very thin group.

Beat writer believes Jeremy McNichols will see a large uptick in reps/usage this week.

• KindGuy

@jtkucheck said...

Beat writer believes Jeremy McNichols will see a large uptick in reps/usage this week.

Link Quote Reply

Source?

And is Aldrick Robinson going to get more than one target this week? Lol.

• KindGuy

Booooooooo, why did the NFL have to spread out this weeks schedule?

I like having 10+ games on one day!

• jtkucheck

@elementasrat said...

Source?

I can send the link, but it’s in a paywalled section of The Athletic (and it’s in the comments).

But, here ya go: https://theathletic.com/470021/2018/08/12/49ers-practice-report-jerick-mckinnon-injures-knee-and-suddenly-the-running-back-group-is-extremely-thin/

• heyfeefellskee

@jtkucheck said...

I can send the link, but it’s in a paywalled section of The Athletic (and it’s in the comments).

But, here ya go: https://theathletic.com/470021/2018/08/12/49ers-practice-report-jerick-mckinnon-injures-knee-and-suddenly-the-running-back-group-is-extremely-thin/

Be a pal and copy + paste

• jtkucheck

@heyfeefellskee said...

Be a pal and copy + paste

You
    17h ago
    Have to imagine they will need to limit Mostert somewhat at RB given the lack of depth and his role on special teams- how do you imagine the snaps will be split between the remaining backs against Houston?
    Matt B.
    16h ago
    1 like

@Jacob T. I thought McNichols looked good on his very limited number of snaps. My guess is that his role will see the biggest increase from Week 1 if he preseason.

• jtkucheck

Although now the Niners just signed Alfred Morris, so it appears they have also realized how thin their RB depth chart looks.

• KindGuy

@jtkucheck said...

Although now the Niners just signed Alfred Morris, so it appears they have also realized how thin their RB depth chart looks.

I’ve always loved me some Alf. When I first started playing fantasy football back in like 2011, I drafted rookie RG3 and Alf. They were so fun to watch back then. Can’t believe Morris has bounced around so many teams. Always been a solid back; very tough. Just a pure workhorse, and cool guy off the field. No drama or anything.

Anyways, he’s definitely on my radar now.

• CleverGroom

@jtkucheck said...

Specifically with regard to Niners RBs- Jerick McKinnon has a calf strain, Matt Breida separated his shoulder, Raheem Mostert is needed for special teams duty, Joe Williams was attending a funeral and may or may not be involved in this week’s plans. So, very thin group.

This is one of the biggest things on my radar too.

Remember the buzz on this guy last preseason? He could’ve been TB’s RB1 if not for his mental lapses. He’s had a year to work on those, and coaching from one of the best offensive minds in the league.

We’re talking about a 75th-ish percentile SPARQ athlete with 88 catches in his last two seasons of college ball, playing for Kyle Shanahan, against Houston’s backups. Workload’s my only concern. If it seems like McNichols has a clear shot at the plurality of the RB snaps, that’s awfully exciting.

ETA

Note that Shanahan was OC for Alfred Morris during the best two years of Alf’s career. Going to be very interesting to watch how this develops through the week.

• darkstar8

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/08/nfl-players-most-pressure-preseason-week-2/
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790067-2018-nfl-training-camp-update-on-every-teams-biggest-position-battle#slide0

• heyfeefellskee

@jtkucheck said...

You
    17h ago
    Have to imagine they will need to limit Mostert somewhat at RB given the lack of depth and his role on special teams- how do you imagine the snaps will be split between the remaining backs against Houston?
    Matt B.
    16h ago
    1 like

@Jacob T. I thought McNichols looked good on his very limited number of snaps. My guess is that his role will see the biggest increase from Week 1 if he preseason.

thanks!

• Robert001

I love Dallas cowboys

• darkstar8

#Chiefs coach Andy Reid said starters expected to play first half against Atlanta, second string a quarter and third string a quarter.

https://twitter.com/LWorthySports/status/1029413876729819136?s=20

• Quadhole

Josh Norman Impressed by Darnold ESPN… Good to hear… See his as a mix of Big Ben and dare I say, Montana… Big and Accurate…

Think he will be there best QB since 69… Now, who does he throw his 18 TD’s too and which team picks him off for 4 Int’s this year in a game… Poor Kid, just hope he doesn’t get a season ending Injury or something to hamper him a long time..
    He is going to need Coached up…. Hope he doesn’t waste years here before being traded to a WINNER

• mciama2000

Back to Studfeld for the Thursday slate? No Wentz, Foles might play a couple series at most. Hackenberg was signed 2 days ago, I doubt they would throw him out there so soon.

• heyfeefellskee

@Quadhole said...

Now, who does he throw his 18 TD’s too and which team picks him off for 4 Int’s this year in a game… Poor Kid, just hope he doesn’t get a season ending Injury or something to hamper him a long time..
    He is going to need Coached up…. Hope he doesn’t waste years here before

• Quadhole

@heyfeefellskee said...

Too much for ya… Sorry

• Quadhole

For you to Interpret easier

1. Who will Darnold throw a possible 18 TDs (total to this year at WR). Their WR core is so so in many opinions.
    2. Which Defense do they play against that will pick him off 4 times based on his past of Forcing throws into tight spots.
    3. Playing for the Jets, a lower end team, I hope that he doesn’t get a season ending injury or an Injury that could last a long time, LINGER for years.
    4. He is going to need a good NFL coach to help him adapt to the NFL game. Considering the JETS past QB’s he may play well here on a losing team before finally deciding that he has had enough of the New York Media and the Poor NYJ Regime and finally move onto a winning team. One that has a chance at the Playoffs.

Sorry, I sometimes write like I might be bullshittin with my buddies…

• BIF

@Quadhole said...

Sorry, I sometimes write like I might be bullshittin with my buddies…

Just sometimes ???

😂

• CleverGroom

@Quadhole said...

1. Who will Darnold throw a possible 18 TDs (total to this year at WR). Their WR core is so so in many opinions.
    2. Which Defense do they play against that will pick him off 4 times based on his past of Forcing throws into tight spots.
    3. Playing for the Jets, a lower end team, I hope that he doesn’t get a season ending injury or an Injury that could last a long time, LINGER for years.
    4. He is going to need a good NFL coach to help him adapt to the NFL game. Considering the JETS past QB’s he may play well here on a losing team before finally deciding that he has had enough of the New York Media and the Poor NYJ Regime and finally move onto a winning team. One that has a chance at the Playoffs.

Quincy Enunwa is a guy I’d really like to see returned to health. Him and Robby Anderson are a halfway decent start. If Chris Herndon becomes a factor, I can see a workman-like offense that can play complimentary football as long as the defense produces.

Josh Norman addressed the ill-advised throws today:

Norman said that on one play Tuesday, he tried to fool Darnold into a throw, playing a little tighter on an underneath route, knowing another receiver was just a little behind him.

“I gave him some cheese,” Norman said. “He held it, and he was going to throw it, and he pulled it back and I jumped back real fast, and I was like, you little devil. OK, I see you working really good right now. I couldn’t bait him like I wanted to, and he saw it and he read it out, and he read it out like a vet. You tip your hat to a guy like that, learning at an early age when guys are messing with him and when they’re not. It’s pretty awesome.”

Promising.

The coaching’s an area I’d worry about for sure. Anybody excited to see Todd Bowles and Jeremy Bates develop a 3rd overall pick at QB? I won’t be surprised if they’re on to the next OC and QBs coach in 2019. The Jets have done well to keep continuity at HC but they’ve been in low-key turmoil beneath him.

Sam Darnold definitely pops on the Thursday slate. Teddy Bridgewater is in play too. The sense is that Darnold starts and plays the 1st half, with Teddy taking the 2nd. No Josh McCown this time around. Makes sense to me.

• CleverGroom

REPORT: J.J. Watt stands out in training camp.

Sometimes I really get why people don’t want to put in the work sifting through beat reports to win at preseason.

• CleverGroom

Passing charts for Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, and Rosen.

Kevin Cole notes that Darnold’s conservatism was correct under the circumstances, and may speak more to Dan Quinn’s zone scheme forcing his throws underneath than his inability to connect deep. We should see more of that in his game in the future.

Another point that stands out is Josh Allen being the only one to attempt passes over 30 yards downfield. He had 2 attempts over 50 yards. Obviously those are low percentage shots, but you connect a few and they’re still very high efficiency. Go just 20% on 50-yard attempts and you’re at least 10 YPA at the end of the day. Remember that efficiency is king for QBs.

Kid ran 3 times for 29 yards too. He’s gonna be good for more than just blooper reel highlights.

• finsup613

matt jones and Smallwood look good 4 Thursday nite with the injured backfield. favorite QB’s?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).