Friday
    07:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) — T: 37
    07:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) — T: 38
    07:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Carolina ( -3 ) — T: 37.5
    07:30 PM EST : Buffalo ( 3.5 ) at Cleveland ( -3.5 ) — T: 38
    08:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 39.5

Saturday
    01:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 4 ) at Minnesota ( -4 ) — T: 38
    04:00 PM EST : Raiders ( PK ) at LA Rams ( PK ) — T: ??
    07:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) — T: 37.5
    08:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 1.5 ) at Houston ( -1.5 ) — T: 37.5
    08:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) at Tennessee ( -2.5 ) — T: 38
    09:05 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) — T: 39.5
    10:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -1.5 ) at LA Chargers ( 1.5 ) — T: 37.5

Monday
    08:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( PK ) at Indianapolis ( PK ) — T: 37

• CleverGroom

@therazor30 said...

I read that Andy Reid said he is going to play his starters for the whole 1st half. Does that make Hunt, Kelce, and Hill locks? Also should make Mahomes and Watkins good plays

Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill might be locks if you’re not playing more than a few LUs. Travis Kelce is more fungible because of positional volatility and scarcity—there’s actually a lot of good TE plays here (Ian Thomas, Mike Gesicki, David Njoku, and Hakeem Valles, off the top of my head), and only 1-2 TE spots to worry about. I have a harder time finding 2-3 RBs who are clearly competitive with Hunt, or 3-4 WRs who are clearly competitive with Hill.

We also only need 1 QB, but at first glance I see fewer alternatives to Patrick Mahomes than to Kelce. He wouldn’t be that hard to replace if there’s other quality QBs playing a full half. QBs have the narrowest range of outcomes and rely the most on playing time in these preseason games.

I think MIA is the next team likeliest to play their starters for a full half (Ryan Tannehill hasn’t played a regular-season game since December 2016). Haven’t seen any firm details either way.

3rd most likely would be CAR (new OC—OL injuries and backup QB controversy could make this tougher to justify).

I’d be surprised to see a full half of starters from any other teams on the Friday slate.

• therazor30

@CleverGroom said...

Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill might be locks if you’re not playing more than a few LUs

Yea i’m only going to play about 10 lu’s. Hunt is going to be close to a lock for me and will have a lot of hill too. I’m not a fan of Mahomes but most likely will play him on a lu or 2. Kelce is the one IDK what to do with. Thanks for your insight going to do more research and going to research Mia and Car a little more because of what you said. Thanks again

• mambaland

nice waking up to money and not knowing how it got there…must have been late night when dobbs washington and kumerow went off…what i thought was my placeholder lineup was the cash one it is amazing how you can be happy to win and then pissed cause 5 more points would have been 4 figure instead of 3

• mambaland

@clevergroom….were you on dobbs from start? i never thought i saw you posting him…or was he a random pick? I only took him as a placeholder then left him in as a hedge or just too lazy to change out

• mambaland

can you parlay the hunt backs LOL

• AdamBrag

It’s so tough to fade Mahomes tonight, but he will be incredibly chalky in GPPs. Any other QBs people like? I’m thinking Peterman or Allen.

• mambaland

peterman is better than people think…they all remember last years game,,,not sure on how time will be split yet

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #53

RG Tiered Ranking

@mambaland said...

peterman is better than people think…they all remember last years game,,,not sure on how time will be split yet

Well, he can’t be any worse than that game against my Chargers or he’d have no career.

• hobbes2d

@AVivier said...

You’re the guy that finished 1st in the Det/Oak Showdown game that I got second in last week. Knew I recognized the name. Congrats on that win and tonight.

Yes sir. Oakland Kicker FTW. Thank you! Congrats on 2nd!

• hobbes2d

@therazor30 said...

I read that Andy Reid said he is going to play his starters for the whole 1st half. Does that make Hunt, Kelce, and Hill locks? Also should make Mahomes and Watkins good plays

I like Kelce the others idk. I would probably fade.

• hobbes2d

@AdamBrag said...

It’s so tough to fade Mahomes tonight, but he will be incredibly chalky in GPPs. Any other QBs people like? I’m thinking Peterman or Allen.

It’s really easy to fade Mahomes. He’s not Aaron Rodgers and he’s not playing in the Big 12 anymore. Tyrod Taylor might play close to if not the entire first half against his old team.

Then there’s also Hill for NO. Payton has a propensity for playing the backup a ton of time in preseason.

• 33BeRad

Tryod and Corey Coleman in revenge games!!! I do like Tyrod and Njoku. Going with Hunt and Wayne Gallman. WR will be a total crapshoot, Maybe Tra’quan Smith and DJ Moore.

• damionismyname

Bills secondary is pretty good though so not sure about Tyrod.

• CleverGroom

@mambaland said...

@clevergroom….were you on dobbs from start? i never thought i saw you posting him…or was he a random pick? I only took him as a placeholder then left him in as a hedge or just too lazy to change out

I was on Dobbs the whole way, yeah.

I might’ve been a bit oblique about it here. He wasn’t exactly a respected option, what with Gimino trashing him in the premium preseason content. I think Dobbs was a bulletproof process play and superior to every other option on the board. I had 100%.

• heyfeefellskee

@CleverGroom said...

I was on Dobbs the whole way, yeah.

I might’ve been a bit oblique about it here. He wasn’t exactly a respected option, what with Gimino trashing him in the premium preseason content. I think Dobbs was a bulletproof process play and superior to every other option on the board. I had 100%.

Can confirm. CG was on Dobbs ever since we started to discuss the slate. Even showed me his final SS for the night.

I repented of my sins and asked for his forgiveness.

• mambaland

wasnt doubting clever groom just said i missed it..i luckboxed into one lineup with him in a gpp.. i do doubt if oblique can be used in that sentence i thought opaque would work

• gaelicgirl

Anyone looking at Alvin Kamara? Haven’t seen much about Saints starters, anyone know how much time they’ll get?

• kdsdawg

so KC playing their starters for a full half..I don’t see that any other starters will be out there but 1 quarter in all the other games
    I really don’t see how you don’t play their skill players, they will have a quarter against Atlanta’s back-ups. It seems the rest of the teams will play 2-3 QB’s after the starters leave sometime after 1 quarter.
    Eat the chalk of KC and fill in around that

• kdsdawg

@gaelicgirl said...

Anyone looking at Alvin Kamara? Haven’t seen much about Saints starters, anyone know how much time they’ll get?

only speculation by a writer that stated after the injuries to Guice and Barkley that he shouldn’t play at all…that was just an opinion though..I guess..lol

• gaelicgirl

@kdsdawg said...

only speculation by a writer that stated after the injuries to Guice and Barkley that he shouldn’t play at all…that was just an opinion though..I guess..lol

An opinion is better than crickets, thanks!

• Billychurch

I betcha Tyrod plays 1.5-2 quarters and lights up Buffalo

• kdsdawg

@Billychurch said...

I betcha Tyrod plays 1.5-2 quarters and lights up Buffalo

Hue Jackson says all three QBs will play..

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #53

RG Tiered Ranking

@kdsdawg said...

so KC playing their starters for a full half..I don’t see that any other starters will be out there but 1 quarter in all the other games
    I really don’t see how you don’t play their skill players, they will have a quarter against Atlanta’s back-ups. It seems the rest of the teams will play 2-3 QB’s after the starters leave sometime after 1 quarter.
    Eat the chalk of KC and fill in around that

That’s what I’m doing. Mahomes in almost all with Hunt and Hill or Hunt and Kelce. Fading Watkins hoping he plays only a little since banged up. So many other spots to be different in preseason and maybe hit the nuts.

• Billychurch

@kdsdawg said...

Hue Jackson says all three QBs will play..

Yea, but he also said “we’ll see how long Tyrod plays, if they’re scoring touchdowns then it’ll be longer”

• Pitch120

Reid said the same thing last year and Alex Smith had six passes and Hunt one carry. So theres that

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.