NFL FORUM

Comments

• Dolphins2016

Thoughts on the Thursday night games as well as the rest of the weekend. Only 2 games tonight..

• PDFOUR

There was an Atlanta Beat Writer who said ATL starters will play into the third quarter minus Julio Jones. What’s odd is I did not find this info from anyone else but him. IF this is true, I am looking to stack ATL players against Miami.

As for Miami, we know Arian Foster and Ajayi or fighting for a spot, and will most likely play the first half.

• Dolphins2016

Yeah I follow the Dolphins closely, and their defense looks awful especially against the run. Definitely putting Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman in most my lineups. Mohamed Sanu also seems like a good pick.

• Thomas21

Seahawks OC said the starters will play into the 3rd quarter. I’m definitely loading up on Wilson, whichever RB starts, Lockett, and Baldwin.

• Thomas21

The Dallas star-telegram says Romo might play the entire first half and Ezekiel Elliot is expected to get 10-12 snaps.

• Dolphins2016

Brice Butler will see plenty of targets with Dez being out.

• squishdavis

Prepare to be Kearsed

• Brandon6385

Thoughts on Cyrus Gray?

• PDFOUR

@Dolphins2016 said...

Brice Butler will see plenty of targets with Dez being out.

But won’t Brice Butler be guarded by Richard Sherman?

• sethayates

Hey guys, I’m late to the party. I’m not writing an article for the two games tonight. There isn’t much to say. Here is an updated Google sheet with Snap Counts and Targets divided by week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L6_YXHlphZP8IhUfyI9I9xJHsZIJsHsco0SAe2hLtVM/edit?usp=sharing

If you are playing the two-game slate tonight you can get a pretty good idea who to play or not based on snap counts and targets. Combine that with whatever you can find from the beat writers and you should be fine.

I don’t think there will be much of an edge in the two-game slate tonight though. The main edge with preseason is digging deeper than everyone else. You can only get so deep into a two-game slate though.

Good luck. I’ll hopefully have my Friday article up early tonight so you can get your teams locked in early for tomorrow.

• letsgobuffalo

Seth, can you put up the link to the twitter NFL beat writer feed. Thanks!

• sethayates

If you want to find an edge for tonight’s games I would look at what the same teams did last season in their third game.

The Falcons, Cowboys, and Seahawks all have the same coaches while the Dolphins have a new coach.

The Falcons actually played the Dolphins last year in their third game.

http://www.nflgsis.com/2015/pre/04/56797/Gamebook.pdf (look at pages 19-20 for snaps)

Matt Ryan only played 17 snaps while TJ Yates played 51. Julio Jones actually only played one snap. I’m trying to remember the details but I think Atlanta had already announced their plans to do that.

On the Dolphins side we saw a normal game plan. Ryan Tannehill played 32 snaps (49%) and nearly all the other starters have a similar number of snaps (Jarvis Landy 30, Rishard Matthews 29)

The Cowboys third game was against the Vikings

http://www.nflgsis.com/2015/pre/04/56796/Gamebook.pdf

The Cowboys starters playing time pretty much matched Romo’s which was about 20-21 snaps. Dez Bryant didn’t play at all but I think he was recovering from an injury. There are usually about 60-75 offensive snaps so the 20 that the starters played wouldn’t have been a full half. If you look through the game log you can see Dustin Vaughan entered at 5:45 left in the second quarter.

As far as the Seahawks, they played San Diego

http://www.nflgsis.com/2015/pre/04/56804/Gamebook.pdf

Russell Wilson and the starters played 34 snaps (54%)

Looking at the game log, Wilson lead a drive that lasted until 6:19 in the 3Q and then gave way to Archer at QB.

• sethayates

@letsgobuffalo said...

Seth, can you put up the link to the twitter NFL beat writer feed. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/JeffHaseley/lists/nfl-beat-writers

• letsgobuffalo

@sethayates said...

https://twitter.com/JeffHaseley/lists/nfl-beat-writers

Thanks!

• bobo1096

who is the TE to play ?

• Brandon6385

@bobo1096 said...

who is the TE to play ?

That’s what I’m having a hard time on as well…

• cln2013

Lockett isn’t a starter and I do like him but I would be careful. kearse saw 25/30 first team snaps last week while Lockett saw 17/30

• salarycapfantasy

If Seth had a mind clone, it’s me, our articles and cheat sheets seem to be always highlighting the same guys in CFL and NFL preseason.

The ATL at MIA game last year. Wow. It was a mess. The rain coming on the wet field, Julio’s sore leg and his newly signed super contract was why he only played a snap. He and the other 1’s were slated to play into the third but the line looked so bad that the line was blown up after this game and a trade for a starter was made. Ryan was sacked, pressured or rushed every throw and the line was manhandled, Roddy was out due to have a scope procedure done. The game was a wash and they pulled Julio after a snap and the others before the half was over. They had truly seen enough.

This game in Orlando, tends to be different as the better line has looked solid so far, against Cleveland for sure, and the MIA DL isn’t what it was last year. That being said, if anything looks bad, they will pull guys. In this case, tonight, it might be Tannehill considering that the injuries on that line and the changes made with rookies in there, are major.

As to playing, ATL is expected to play all first stringers into the third, unless a position battle or roster spot dicates that they players in question need to see some time with the 1’s. Pretty sure DQ was referring to A. Robinson with the WR and B. Wilds with the RB crew. They also have a backup guard that they want to get work. Gray can not be assigned to the pratice squad, only Wilds. Yet, Wilds offers something that the other backs do not have in his 215 lb frame. He is the Steven Jackson big back that never happened. They will get him in with the first team to see how it shakes out, maybe even Gray as well.

I’m sure that we all will be talking all day on Twitter about the games.

• salarycapfantasy

Quinn talked about pulling out some select guys out so that they can get a longer look for position spots, it was in an AP article and on the radio. Let me hunt down a link.

• Brandon6385

@salarycapfantasy said...

If Seth had a mind clone, it’s me, our articles and cheat sheets seem to be always highlighting the same guys in CFL and NFL preseason.

The ATL at MIA game last year. Wow. It was a mess. The rain coming on the wet field, Julio’s sore leg and his newly signed super contract was why he only played a snap. He and the other 1’s were slated to play into the third but the line looked so bad that the line was blown up after this game and a trade for a starter was made. Ryan was sacked, pressured or rushed every throw and the line was manhandled, Roddy was out due to have a scope procedure done. The game was a wash and they pulled Julio after a snap and the others before the half was over. They had truly seen enough.

This game in Orlando, tends to be different as the better line has looked solid so far, against Cleveland for sure, and the MIA DL isn’t what it was last year. That being said, if anything looks bad, they will pull guys. In this case, tonight, it might be Tannehill considering that the injuries on that line and the changes made with rookies in there, are major.

As to playing, ATL is expected to play all first stringers into the third, unless a position battle or roster spot dicates that they players in question need to see some time with the 1’s. Pretty sure DQ was referring to A. Robinson with the WR and B. Wilds with the RB crew. They also have a backup guard that they want to get work. Gray can not be assigned to the pratice squad, only Wilds. Yet, Wilds offers something that the other backs do not have in his 215 lb frame. He is the Steven Jackson big back that never happened. They will get him in with the first team to see how it shakes out, maybe even Gray as well.

I’m sure that we all will be talking all day on Twitter about the games.

So you like B Wilds over Gray? and A Robinson over Sanu?

• bobo1096

Only TE name im seeing is MCevoy to use ?

• salarycapfantasy

http://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/a-look-at-thursday-night-s-preseason-matchups/article_4a8b0945-3f6e-5090-afad-ea7f6e24b523.html

… meaning Fuller, Robinson at WR. Wilds/Gray at RB. The Rookie LB’s core and also Beasley will get a lot of def snaps.

The Falcons’ substitution plan may not follow the usual flow for the third week of preseasons, which are considered the most important for starters. Coach Dan Quinn is still hoping to give full quarters to backups competing for spots at wide receiver, running back, offensive guard, and linebacker, among other spots.

“I wish there were more quarters to play, because we want to take a look at a number of guys,” Quinn said.
    Expect such established starters as quarterback Matt Ryan, wide receiver Julio Jones and running back Devonta Freeman to see less time than others, as Quinn plans to substitute individuals instead of full units.

• salarycapfantasy

@bobo1096 said...

Only TE name im seeing is MCevoy to use ?

Yeah, but he is a WR. Actually QB. Well, CB. Nope, WR, now a TE.

Ha. On DK he is listed at WR so you still have to pick a TE to play.

• bobo1096

Darn didnt notice ok thanx

• salarycapfantasy

@bobo1096 said...

Darn didnt notice ok thanx

Nothing I am in love with. I don’t know how or if I can post an image on here so I just posted my response about TE on my twitter. It’s on my profile. I would recommend following all the great Grinders that you can.

I’m mostly playing Witten, Tamme, and Jones.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.