NFL FORUM

Comments

• Dolphins2016

Thoughts on the Thursday night games as well as the rest of the weekend. Only 2 games tonight..

• cln2013

I like Cameron and Swaim the most for TE. I expect Julio to play about a quarter and Matt Ryan and Freeman to see almost the first half.

• salarycapfantasy

Well, Julio was pulled after 1 snap last year due to the conditions and this year, looks like more of the same.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/24/orlando-stadium-crew-will-have-a-quick-turnaround-for-thursday-nights-game/

• sethayates

Here’s a really good article with “What to Watch” in each game including links to other sources.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000689865/article/what-to-watch-for-in-every-week-3-preseason-game

Most notable for tonight, “”(player-popup)Arian Foster”:/players/arian-foster-11665 will split time evenly with the starters”:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000689188/article/adam-gase-dolphins-want-long-look-at-arian-foster

On the Cowboys side, Ezekiel Elliot will get 10-12 plays

Man, I really hope people play Elliott. That’s not near enough for a RB.

• sc619246

10-12 touches I thought?

• codyallison1026

Morris or foster? I’m leaning towards Freeman/Morris/Michael in my lineups

• salarycapfantasy

Well, they said something closer to this… I can’t find that interview right now but this seems to be about what he said in it.

8-12 plays or as many as 15-20, with touches running and catching the ball.

• sethayates

@salarycapfantasy said...

Well, they said something closer to this… I can’t find that interview right now but this seems to be about what he said in it.

8-12 plays or as many as 15-20, with touches running and catching the ball.

Here

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/nfl/article/Cowboys-Ezekiel-Elliott-excited-to-finally-make-9182902.php

“What we try to do with players playing in their first game is we have 8, 10, 12 plays, sometimes we go 15 to 20 plays with guys,” Garrett said. “So we’ll have a plan for him. We’ll talk about that over the next couple of days.

“Typically with running backs, you want to make sure they get a couple of touches, throw them a couple passes, let them do different things, the things they’re going to do in games. We’ll have those specific discussions in the next couple of days, and we’ll come up with a good plan for him.”

Elliott hasn’t played in a live game since shredding the Notre Dame defense in the 2016 Fiesta Bowl on New Year’s Day. He ran the ball 27 times for 149 yards and four touchdowns in the Buckeyes’ rout.

He won’t touch the ball 27 times against Seattle. He may not even touch it seven times, but all he really wants – all anyone affiliated with the Cowboys really wants – is to get the first one in.

“I’m excited to finally get some full-go action,” Elliott said. “It’s been a long time.”

• salarycapfantasy

Yes, that is it. I’m thinking like a few more touches than one would normally see, considering the limited backfield they have right now… but, still less than I expect someone like Wilds to get.

• cln2013

My order for RB go Michael,Wilds,Freeman, Morris, Pead, the rest are all pretty even after that

• Thomas21

What are you guys doing for defense? I think I’m going to use the Falcons mostly with the Seahawks sprinkled in.

• cln2013

Dallas and Seahawks are my plays. I see the Miami and Atlanta game going into a semi shootout with little turnovers.

• salarycapfantasy

@cln2013 said...

Dallas and Seahawks are my plays. I see the Miami and Atlanta game going into a semi shootout with little turnovers.

Well, I’m not sure about that in the second half. With no Moore the QB’s behind Tannehill is pretty thin.

• PDFOUR

@cln2013 said...

My order for RB go Michael,Wilds,Freeman, Morris, Pead, the rest are all pretty even after that

See I originally had Michael as chalk RB since Seattle starters will play 3 quarters, but one of their beat writers said C.J Pros will play. I have no idea how much that will cut into C.Michael’s touches but there are articles on it. SBNation says CJ will play with the starters and that C Michael has not done enough to earn 2nd spot RB. So I’m kindy iffy now lol. I’m still sold on any ATL RB against Miami.

Why did you pick Pead? Won’t Arian Foster and Jay Ayaji be fighting most of the game for the spot?

• cln2013

Proisse will only see about 10-15 snaps in this game as he is coming off injury. Foster and Ayaji will be splitting reps in the first half and Pead should get in there as well. Then in the 2nd half Pead will get most of the carries and targets.

• Genghis_Khan

@sethayates said...

http://www.nflgsis.com/2015/pre/04/56796/Gamebook.pdf

Hey Seth, how can one get access to this site? Can anyone? The main site asks for user/password but offers no info about signing up.

• salarycapfantasy

@Genghis_Khan said...

Hey Seth, how can one get access to this site? Can anyone? The main site asks for user/password but offers no info about signing up.

You can’t. It isn’t for you. LOL. It intentionally has no frontend as it is for media access.

However, it isn’t hard to get the data and even open source projects exist to connect.

It is the NFL Game center for media. You can however pull all of the data you want from it, even live, using JSON files and even put in a postgresql database using python, even export to CSV.

It’s a very boring technical answer to it all, that you can PM me to ask. Its not impossible but has a nice learning curve to get it all working.

• Genghis_Khan

It is the NFL Game center for media. You can however pull all of the data you want from it, even live, using JSON files and even put in a postgresql database using python, even export to CSV.

Is that English? What keys i push make stats go boom?

• salarycapfantasy

@Genghis_Khan said...

Is that English? What keys i push make stats go boom?

Ha, I almost didn’t answer, figured I would get that response. Yeah, it isn’t easy to setup. Even as full time programmer I had trouble with it, as I am more of a PHP / mySQL guy instead of Python / Postgresql.

• salarycapfantasy

Here is your boom on the stats though. It actually has all kicking, punting and defensive stats too, available seconds after each play. I removed the boring non-fantasy stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pn5P2sptPLASYQkTcD-hHcrjIW50O05EMVvsxNBt-vQ/edit?usp=sharing

• Genghis_Khan

Here is your boom on the stats though. It actually has all kicking, punting and defensive stats too, available seconds after each play. I removed the boring non-fantasy stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pn5P2sptPLASYQkTcD-hHcrjIW50O05EMVvsxNBt-vQ/edit?usp=sharing

LOL thanks. Certainly would be lost trying to do whatever it is you did to access them.

• SlabOfMeatloaf

With the Falcons subbing out their starters in groups, am I crazy for fading freeman and playing coleman instead??

• joshshafe

I think you’re better off playing Wilds over Coleman.

• quietbow

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

RB: A. Morris or C.Michael.

• swagplankyolo

I don’t feel great about any of the ATL running backs, it may be to even of a work load to have a sure fire guess on who will get the most volume. Although the RB situation tonight is pretty bleak so you may have to take a chance.

• sethayates

If you go to Barneys Bar in NY York between 35rd and 36th street knock on the door, then look into the camera and do the “YMCA” dance a guy named Skinny Pete will hook you up with a password.

Either that or just DM me. Can’t really say where I got mine but I can point you in the right direction to getting a password you can use.

Edit This was a reply to Ghengis Khan above. Meant to quote

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).