7:30 PM Washington at Baltimore
    8:00 PM Seattle at San Diego
    8:00 PM Philadelphia at Green Bay
    8:00 PM Indianapolis at St. Louis
    9:00 PM San Francisco at Denver

Sunday, August 30
    4:00 PM Houston at New Orleans
    8:00 PM Arizona at Oakland

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL Preseason strategy talk for this weeks’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• djjoeyg

I have a feeling we are going to see many identical line ups for this slate.

• salarycapfantasy

Doubtful. Not until cuts are made after week 3.

• djjoeyg

I should have been more specific. I am talking about the mon-fri slate

• DabsAndFrags

@djjoeyg said...

I should have been more specific. I am talking about the mon-fri slate

Whys that?

• pulsar78

This is my first time with preseason NFL and doing the Mon/Fri slate. Haven’t done preseason before so not sure what the best action would be. Also where should I go to find who’s playing that day, or who’s going to get majority of play time?

• salarycapfantasy

I completely get what you are saying, but there are still plenty of players left because cuts haven’t been made yet. There will still be guys who come out of no where. OLines that are still unset.

Watch, some Monday guy will have like 30 points or something. LOL.

• salarycapfantasy

@pulsar78 said...

This is my first time with preseason NFL and doing the Mon/Fri slate. Haven’t done preseason before so not sure what the best action would be. Also where should I go to find who’s playing that day, or who’s going to get majority of play time?

There is usually an article here, a few, maybe two online, and some people you can follow on Twitter. That is about it. As to who is out, the easiest way is road games because you can find out who didn’t make the trip… check before kickoff. As to the majority of time, coaches usually do not have a pre-set number of plays. Usually, there is an idea in mind but if a team comes out and gets a quick strike TD or 2 quick strike TD, they are pulled. So, it is more a guessing game than anything.

Best bet is guys who have something to prove to make the roster, in my opinion.

• djjoeyg

@salarycapfantasy said...

I completely get what you are saying, but there are still plenty of players left because cuts haven’t been made yet. There will still be guys who come out of no where. OLines that are still unset.

Watch, some Monday guy will have like 30 points or something. LOL.

Yeh I stayed away from the monday players because pt will be more favorable on Friday. I am thinking about making one line with some of tonights players though.

Looking ahead to Friday…I am sure Stafford and Calvin/Tate will be highly owned.

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

100% fade the Monday game and figure out the lineups on Friday. This didn’t work for me last weekend because of the crazy Eagles scoring, but I’m doing it again.

• codyallison1026

I would consider playing the bengals defense Winston should be good for at least one turnover

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

@codyallison1026 said...

I would consider playing the bengals defense Winston should be good for at least one turnover

Just like how 50% were on the Rams last night for that Mariotta turnover?

• DabsAndFrags

Play home D’s in preseason, and most of the regular season for that matter.

• Mattg45

@AndThisGuyPeedOnIt said...

100% fade the Monday game and figure out the lineups on Friday. This didn’t work for me last weekend because of the crazy Eagles scoring, but I’m doing it again.

I’m doing the same thing because some people can’t help but play a ton of guys tonight, and starters will play the most on friday.the eagles are not playing today where they get a ton of snaps so I wouldn’t worry about it.

• ATLSoulchild

Running a few lineups. I will play the Bengals defense on one, but I will be fading today’s game as well. Hoping some people play today’s game. Can’t wait until I see Jameis $20% owned in the major tourneys tonight.

• salarycapfantasy

@ATLSoulchild said...

Running a few lineups. I will play the Bengals defense on one, but I will be fading today’s game as well. Hoping some people play today’s game. Can’t wait until I see Jameis $20% owned in the major tourneys tonight.

That would be nice. I can only see me going AS-J, because he has to show something.

• djjoeyg

I was able to hold off the itch and not use any players last night, I think it worked out pretty well,Bucs DST was only 6.1 % in the 3 dollar GPP.

Cin DST was 21%
    Winston was 13.3%
    MIke Evans with a fat zero was 14.5%
    AJ Greenwas 17.4%

Cin looked Terrible last night

someone named Araven52 put in 100 LU’s and had the Bucs Def in almost every one and that was the only player he played for mon nights game. Good call for him, he may be tuff to beat.

• quietbow

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@djjoeyg said...

I was able to hold of the itch and not use any players last night, I think it worked out pretty well,Bucs DST was only 6.1 % in the 3 dollar GPP.

Cin DST was 21%
    Winston was 13.3%
    MIke Evans with a fat zero was 14.5%
    AJ Green was 17.4%

Cin looked Terrible last night

someone named Araven52 put in 100 LU’s and had the Bucs Def in almost every one and that was the only player he played for mon nights game. Good call for him, he may be tuff to beat.

I was able to have 1 lineup with the Buc’s D and no players on the monday right, I did see those 100 lineups also and thought the same thing.

• ATLSoulchild

Yeah I saw that. Very tough. I have a couple of lus in there and didn’t have any shares of Bucs. I took the Bengals D in 2 of the 6 lus, but no other players as well. I think we will be ok. Looking forward to some people not making further edits when Friday rolls around.

• jhorst52

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

hope i pick the right players to go with those 100 Buc’s D lineups….

• BreesToGraham

Well, you’re off to one hell of a start!

• jhorst52

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

• x2

haha thanks guys, appreciate it. good luck to everyone and hope we share some good picks.

• djjoeyg

Looks like you have been rolling heavy on the preseason games. I noticed you take a lot of H2H games, has that been pretty profitable for you? I have only been playing the Gpp’s but thought high volume head to head could also be a good strategy. My only concern is that the competition is stronger as that’s where the more experienced grinders are.

And what did you read to make you roll heavy with the Bufs def? lol

• WorldWideWes

I used the Bucks in a few LUs because Lovie took over defensive play calling and I didn’t think the Cincy starters would play long. That and I wanted a reason to watch the game.

Sometimes you just get lucky. I missed the other players I started bad though, so kind of a wash.

• jhorst52

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

• x2

i really just liked their spot. didn’t read much on them, but watched that team a lot last year and they are better than most think. dalton has been garbage from everything i’ve seen…although the one pick was on green. H2H’s you get guys like assani and kcannon….but there are some weaker players mixed in. just have been very confident in my picks and not afraid to play against the best of them. i think it depends on your bankroll. if youre only throwing 20 bucks out there i would stick GPPS. if you have enough and feel like you put in enough research to compete with the best of them, try your luck on H2Hs. as soon as i saw assani throw out 5K games i picked up cheaper ones of his on purpose, to see how i compared. its fun for me to play the good guys…but of course make sure you find some fish too. the money is in the fish, the fun is in the competition.

• salarycapfantasy

I should have known better. Dalton plays horrible on TV… bucs Def.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).