NFL FORUM

Comments

• elgambino

Nice big slate to play this Thursday.

Also, looks like there may be some interesting changes now that TB/WAS is moving to Wednesday night. Let’s get some discussion going.

• sabresrock29

Keep an eye on Buffalo. Cardale is Probable and Rex won’t risk Tyrod so EJ Manuel should get the full game treatment

• PDFOUR

Too many games…. I might just sit this one out. Too much unpredictability.

• elgambino

Looks like he may not get the full game: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/08/30/notebook-austin-trainor-released-cardale-jones-looks-ready-play-thursday/

But the fact that it mentions the “heated WR battle” does make me think Manuel will at least get a half. You want to make sure the QB throwing to those guys knows what they’re doing.

• codyallison1026

Anyone know anything about Patrick Dimarco ? I was told the Falcons had like no running backs available

• ItzJamesFTW

The Rams D seems like the best play now that Joel Stave will play a full game as the quarterback…

• ItzJamesFTW

@codyallison1026 said...

Anyone know anything about Patrick Dimarco ? I was told the Falcons had like no running backs available

He’s their starting pro bowl FB. The Falcons currently don’t have anyone with Wilds and Ward ruled out and Freeman and Coleman not being risked. But I would be surprised if they risked their pro bowl FB too. I don’t know if I would risk it unless they directly state he will start and play a majority. Wouldn’t doubt to see them sign someone today to just play as a one off.

• codyallison1026

Ah… That explains it, thank you !

• BB4E

@PDFOUR said...

Too many games…. I might just sit this one out. Too much unpredictability.

They have a five and a three game slate as well!

• elgambino

This is 100% speculation, but JD McKissic was a “do everything slash-type” of player at Arkansas State. I have a feeling he could get a shot at RB in some situations and being used as a sproles/woodhead role in this game. Again, total speculation, but in week 4 preseason, I’m going to have some exposure to him in GPPs.

• gillio

• elgambino

Allen getting full-game reps for Jacksonville as well… sounds like there may be a few 4 quarter QBs getting time Thursday.

• sterny331

this could be a tough call on lineups here. at least for the big slate

• parabol

I’m stumped on which Cin RB is worth a look. Tra Cason, or Brunson Hill? Or maybe none. Anyone have any input? Matchup looks pretty good.

• Immaculate11

Interesting. I’ve been looking for the lead on this, do you have a link?

I know guys like Lynch and Barkley are expected a full game, but I did not see Allen. Most of you leaning towards 4 qtr guys vs 1/2 game guys with reasonable td chances?

• parabol

@elgambino said...

This is 100% speculation, but JD McKissic was a “do everything slash-type” of player at Arkansas State. I have a feeling he could get a shot at RB in some situations and being used as a sproles/woodhead role in this game. Again, total speculation, but in week 4 preseason, I’m going to have some exposure to him in GPPs.

I think you’re right to speculate on this one. I live in ATL and mums the word around here on RB. Radio, social media, all quiet. I was on McKissic immediately after reading no ATL RB available. I didn’t know of his background, just what I’ve seen this preseason.(the kids got cheddar) I mean, they could run Matt Shaub out there with 5WR sets, but I highly doubt it. I did hear murmerings of the starters getting time in the 1st. Tune up talk. Idk, but McKissic fits the mold of a multi dimensional DFS option. Adding RB to the list would be sweet. I’ll be running him out in a couple lineups.

• trebor88

@parabol said...

I think you’re right to speculate on this one. I live in ATL and mums the word around here on RB. Radio, social media, all quiet. I was on McKissic immediately after reading no ATL RB available. I didn’t know of his background, just what I’ve seen this preseason.(the kids got cheddar) I mean, they could run Matt Shaub out there with 5WR sets, but I highly doubt it. I did hear murmerings of the starters getting time in the 1st. Tune up talk. Idk, but McKissic fits the mold of a multi dimensional DFS option. Adding RB to the list would be sweet. I’ll be running him out in a couple lineups.

Read that Ward may actually be ready to go

• parabol

@trebor88 said...

Read that Ward may actually be ready to go

Oh snap. Can i get a link?

• parabol

Leave it to AJC- Ward to get most of rushing load.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/5-falcons-to-watch-against-the-jaguars/nsPWq/

• sterny331

so thats confirmed?

• elgambino

@Immaculate11 said...

Interesting. I’ve been looking for the lead on this, do you have a link?

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/573595/phillip-heilman/2016-08-31/jaguars-qb-brandon-allen-steps-spotlight-thursday#.V8coIpfA-5A.twitter

There ya go!

• Genghis_Khan

@parabol said...

Leave it to AJC

Yeah man D-Led is like my favorite beat reporter in the world.

• Razzle11

@elgambino said...

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/573595/phillip-heilman/2016-08-31/jaguars-qb-brandon-allen-steps-spotlight-thursday#.V8coIpfA-5A.twitter

There ya go!

Now to figure out who his favorite targets are going to be!

• PDFOUR

Alright after lots of research I did a lineup for all games lol. I just got to go back and find the right QB that is the safest and the best.

• WorldWideWes

What do you make of this from the MFL news feed:

Analysis: We won’t find out for sure until this weekend, and even after that it’s possible Gaffney could be cut for a waiver claim. “I could also see a scenario where Gaffney makes the initial 53 but Pats like someone better on the waiver wire and make a midweek change,” wrote Howe. Gaffney worked with the first-team offense in the regular season dress rehearsal, but his skills are somewhat redundant with LeGarrette Blount. Howe seems to think Gaffney is the 52nd or 53rd player on the Patriots’ roster.

edit: by that I mean do you think Gaffney is a GPP play?

• trebor88

@WorldWideWes said...

What do you make of this from the MFL news feed:

Analysis: We won’t find out for sure until this weekend, and even after that it’s possible Gaffney could be cut for a waiver claim. “I could also see a scenario where Gaffney makes the initial 53 but Pats like someone better on the waiver wire and make a midweek change,” wrote Howe. Gaffney worked with the first-team offense in the regular season dress rehearsal, but his skills are somewhat redundant with LeGarrette Blount. Howe seems to think Gaffney is the 52nd or 53rd player on the Patriots’ roster.

edit: by that I mean do you think Gaffney is a GPP play?

I dunno… I’m scared of any Pats for cash… Belichick already said he may play all 3 QBs… But think he could be a decent GPP option… My guess though is that people will be all over him. I feel like he’s the most common name I’ve heard at RB, but he’s not even in my top 5 personally.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).