STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, September 3rd (All times Eastern)
    7:00pm Cincinnati at Indianapolis
    7:00pm Philadelphia at NY Jets
    7:00pm Tampa Bay at Miami
    7:00pm New Orleans at Green Bay
    7:00pm Baltimore at Atlanta
    7:30pm Buffalo at Detroit
    7:30pm Carolina at Pittsburgh
    7:30pm Jacksonville at Washington
    8:00pm Minnesota at Tennessee
    8:00pm Kansas City at St. Louis
    8:00pm Houston at Dallas
    8:00pm Cleveland at Chicago
    9:00pm Arizona at Denver
    10:00pm San Diego at San Francisco
    10:00pm Oakland at Seattle

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL Preseason strategy talk for this weeks’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ASmithIV

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

Yikes! Hate to see all the games are Thursday. I was looking forward to hunting for info since it’s gonna be backup city. Gonna be very difficult with everybody playing. Hopefully DK will throw in 2-3 different slates.

• BreakingBacon

Get ready for a shit ton of confusion!

Hundley! Hundley! Hundley!

• magicfan101

I don’t know if I want to play the next preseason slate. it figures to be very random with all 16 games playing at once and with no certainty on playing time for 2nd and 3rd units.

• flip4flop

Looking forward to this one. All games at once and hopefully a ton of people picking starters thinking they will play the final game before the season to get all the rust off. Picking the good 2nd and 3rd stringers who need to make something happen to make the cut is the key here.

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

My advice is to steer clear of the Week #4 preseason games—there will be virtually no rhyme or reason for who will play and perform. The edge for sharp players will be limited, IMO.

Focus your attention on Week #1 of the regular season, where the prize pools are dramatically larger, the number of fish will be higher, and the predictability of success is better.

• bradizpro

• 2016 FABC Finalist

@tipandpick said...

My advice is to steer clear of the Week #4 preseason games—there will be virtually no rhyme or reason for who will play and perform. The edge for sharp players will be limited, IMO.

Focus your attention on Week #1 of the regular season, where the prize pools are dramatically larger, the number of fish will be higher, and the predictability of success is better.

I’ve always loved me some Tipandpick…..one of my favorite dudes to follow along for NFL season

• sethayates

@tipandpick said...

I’m not sure I agree with this 100%. I think there will always be an advantage for sharp players but you are right the edge may be lessened a little. The fact that this slate is fifteen games in one slate is a research nightmare. There will be situations to take advantage of though. For example, the Bengals cut QB Josh Johnson last week. That leaves just Dalton, AJ McCarron and Keith Wenning on the roster. The Bengals already know that Dalton and McCarron will be their QBs and Wenning is a practice squad candidate. I will have to confirm later this week but it wouldn’t surprise me if Wenning played 3Q+ and maybe the entire game. The same could be true from Brett Hundley with the Packers. Sharp players who put in the time to maximize the number of reps their players will receive have an advantage on this slate. That advantage probably isn’t huge though. Someone like Wenning could play the entire game and do basically nothing.

• mmic23

Does Condia not play in the preseason?

• AndThisGuyPeedOnIt

@mmic23 said...

Does Condia not play in the preseason?

None of the algorithm guys seemingly do, probably because it’s not algorithm friendly.

• flip4flop

Just heard on the local news that Colt Mccoy is going to play the whole game against Jacksonville Thursday.

• Genghis_Khan

Observing the Sept 1st cuts (or lack thereof) in the receiver logjams in Oakland and NYG, and some RB logjams, e.g. Philly and NYG, might provide some food for thought this week.

A Nassib – Jones/Cunningham/G Davis pairing is looking interesting to me. Thoughts?

• craibcr

@flip4flop said...

Just heard on the local news that Colt Mccoy is going to play the whole game against Jacksonville Thursday.

Read that as well in the Washington Post, I think he makes a strong play.

• MastenPark

Well since we are sharing Matt Simms is playing the whole game this Thursday. Confirmed by Rex at the end of the BILLS week 3 preseason game

• salarycapfantasy

There are a few guys who will play the entire game. The big question is if Colt can have 321 yards and 2 TD in the game.

• pastorthor

@salarycapfantasy said...

There are a few guys who will play the entire game. The big question is if Colt can have 321 yards and 2 TD in the game.

At home against Jacksonville can’t hurt his chances.

• flip4flop

@salarycapfantasy said...

Colt playing a full game I think he outscores most of the other QBs who have to split reps or a high % of them at least.

• salarycapfantasy

If you didn’t figure it out, those numbers are not pulled out of thin air. That is last years week 4 numbers.

• sabresrock29

@MastenPark said...

Well since we are sharing Matt Simms is playing the whole game this Thursday. Confirmed by Rex at the end of the BILLS week 3 preseason game

I don’t trust the Bills back up offense line. They looked really bad this preseason

• Kcannon

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tipandpick said...

This week has the biggest edge in NFL preseason and its not even close. The edge for sharp players this week will be bigger than any edge someone will have the entire NFL season.

That said everyone focus your attention to week 1 of the regular season.

• salarycapfantasy

@Kcannon said...

This week has the biggest edge in NFL preseason and its not even close. The edge for sharp players this week will be bigger than any edge someone will have the entire NFL season.

Hush. I want to take down another GPP.

• MastenPark

@sabresrock29 said...

I don’t trust the Bills back up offense line. They looked really bad this preseason

Yeah I know I watch them all preseason long. With that being said. I got some 50/50 in using both just in case. Even with a bad line just the fact he is playing the whole game may be worth it. Plus against Pitt in the little bit of action that he did get the line played good.

I’m new so I am still learning so take what I say with a grain of salt.

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

@Kcannon said...

Respectfully disagree, but I understand I’m in the minority in this thread…

I agree that it’s going to be easy to pinpoint a QB or two who will see the lion’s share of opportunities, but beyond that position, it’s a crapshoot to identify RB/WR/TE’s who have a high probability of scoring.

Add in the fact that there are 30 teams to research, the majority of whom will be playing players who will be on practice squads the following day, and I stand by my original take on this game slate…it’s far too much research to acquire what little edge might exist to win the small prize pools offered.

• Kcannon

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tipandpick said...

Respectfully disagree, but I understand I’m in the minority in this thread…

I agree that it’s going to be easy to pinpoint a QB or two who will see the lion’s share of opportunities, but beyond that position, it’s a crapshoot to identify RB/WR/TE’s who have a high probability of scoring.

Add in the fact that there are 30 teams to research, the majority of whom will be playing players who will be on practice squads the following day, and I stand by my original take on this game slate…it’s far too much research to acquire what little edge might exist to win the small prize pools offered.

Week 2 of the preseason.

Bryce Brown- 40% owned
    Calvin Johnson- 20% owned
    Lance Moore- 20% owned
    Lesean McCoy-10% owned

Things they had in common? All 4 were inactive.

At what point during the season in any sport am I going to find people willingly playing guys who are inactive where the news was known well before the game (except Moore whose wife was pregnant and it was announced early afternoon that day)?

If you want to say that the amount of money that can be made is less than other situations fine. If you are saying that the edge is minimal then you are very very very wrong. I dont have to do much research in order to give myself an edge over half the field when they are playing guys who are a lock to score 0.

Week 4 of the preseason is the king week for this. People will play a plethora of guys who are literally going to play 0 of their teams snaps. Is the info more difficult to find for preseason? Sure. The edge however if you put in any effort is there.

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

Tom Savage playing entire game I believe.

• kantiger77

Just do some basic research on the week and I think you can find some compelling plays that will at least get some time enough to get you points. It’s still largely a crapshoot but it’s not like you’re talking hours on end here. I’m throwing just one lineup out there but it’s not like everyone will play a down or something. There are players who will get their chances.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).