STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, September 3rd (All times Eastern)
    7:00pm Cincinnati at Indianapolis
    7:00pm Philadelphia at NY Jets
    7:00pm Tampa Bay at Miami
    7:00pm New Orleans at Green Bay
    7:00pm Baltimore at Atlanta
    7:30pm Buffalo at Detroit
    7:30pm Carolina at Pittsburgh
    7:30pm Jacksonville at Washington
    8:00pm Minnesota at Tennessee
    8:00pm Kansas City at St. Louis
    8:00pm Houston at Dallas
    8:00pm Cleveland at Chicago
    9:00pm Arizona at Denver
    10:00pm San Diego at San Francisco
    10:00pm Oakland at Seattle

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL Preseason strategy talk for this weeks’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Capone1233

Zenner, Haynes, Neal good plays at RB.

• WorldWideWes

What do you guys think about these two plays:

Tebo – Agholar
    Aaron Murray + C. Conley

• WorldWideWes

@Capone1233 said...

Zenner, Haynes, Neal good plays at RB.

Haynes = Hayne?

• djjoeyg

I have to agree with Tipandpick, I played all preseason but Im sitting this one out.

• crazypaul

Trying to predict what 3rd/4th string guy will out play the rest is a total crapshoot, however like Kcannon said, this week is all about picking guys who are actually playing. Week 1 preseason was hilarious. Tons of people were playing guys like Adrian Peterson, I think he was 20-30% owned. If you pick the guys this week that play > 2 quarters, you will most likely make money because a lot of people are just going to pick players they are familiar with not realizing they wont play.

• magicfan101

I think this slate offers a huge advantage to anyone willing to do the research. a lot players are not playing or have been cut from the active roster, there will be a lot of dead lus just like in week one.

• duck3134

RG Overall Ranking

Trying to predict who will play is almost impossible. Doing a little research, however, is simple a give a player willing to put in the time a huge advantage. This could arguably be the easiest week of the year if you’re willing to do the research.

• bigtroll04

teams have to be down to a 53 man roster from the present 75 by sept. 5-so 22 guys have to be cut which ones are on the bubble

• WorldWideWes

I hear this stuff every preseason slate, every year. And I keep winning.

I’ll be playing it. I feel like the return per time spent on research is far, far higher now than it will be in a month. But I’m not using algorithms. Just common sense.

• salarycapfantasy

Its not hard guys, just google 53 man roster projections for each team and pretty sure you can easily find the plays of the week. Each team has like 5 guys guessing and letting you know who they think will get the time.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@WorldWideWes said...

What do you guys think about these two plays:

Tebo – Agholar
    Aaron Murray + C. Conley

I’d be surprised if Agholor plays much, if at all tomorrow night. Matt Barkley is starting the game. Guessing him and Tebow will each get about a half of playing time. There are better plays out there with guys who will play all 4 quarters.

• mdenny13

Thoughts on Rawls and Hayne? I keep looking at them for some reason. West(KC) and Z from Detroit also caught my eye

Hammond Jr, Alford, Coates, and Crowder are guys I’m looking at for WR so far.

Waiting for more info to start coming out though obviously. Problems with any of those guys that u know of as of now?

• salarycapfantasy

@mdenny13 said...

Thoughts on Rawls and Hayne? I keep looking at them for some reason. West(KC) and Z from Detroit also caught my eye

Hammond Jr, Alford, Coates, and Crowder are guys I’m looking at for WR so far.

Waiting for more info to start coming out though obviously. Problems with any of those guys that u know of as of now?

yes. remove West from your list.

• ATLSoulchild

I can’t speak on what everyone’s bankroll is like in here, but I do not agree that it is far too much research to get an edge to win small prize pools. DK has already filled 2 different $200 and $100 tourneys. Not including the $50, $27, etc., tourneys that are currently being offered this week. For someone like me, these prize pools are huge. I have gone through about 20 teams already today in a little over 2 hours. Yes, I have to research more this week than the previous 3 weeks, but the prize pools are still more than worth it. I will gladly put in 4 hours of research to win north of $2000 this week. I’ll do that every week.

There will definitely be a good amount of dead lineups this week and I much rather take advantage of these tourneys now with all of the algorithm guys not in it than play them week 1 where my chances significantly decrease.

• pastorthor

I think Tyrell Williams might be a sneaky WR pick… Looked good in limited time in earlier preseason games and will likely get a long look this week as he’s on the roster bubble and has impressed.

• codyallison1026

Chris Johnson is seeing 10-12 carries for what it’s worth you could do a lot worse then him

• craibcr

@codyallison1026 said...

Chris Johnson is seeing 10-12 carries for what it’s worth you could do a lot worse then him

DK still has Johnson listed on the Jets, I’ve never been in this position before do we know DK will give him whatever he ends up with for the Cards?

• magicfan101

per DK support, just in case you are wondering a player claimed off waivers during preseason week 4 wont receive points this slate. so a player like DAVARIS DANIELS will not get his points counted for the patriots.

• magicfan101

@craibcr said...

DK still has Johnson listed on the Jets, I’ve never been in this position before do we know DK will give him whatever he ends up with for the Cards?

wow didn’t realize that about Chris, doesn’t look like his points will count. I’ll send a reply email to DK about chris Johnson

• Damp_Toaster

Thoughts on Carolina’s WRs Funchess or Corey Brown?

• WorldWideWes

Corey Brown can’t catch a cold it seems.

I’d be afraid they’d have Funchess on a pitch count.

• magicfan101

It doesn’t look like the bears have an QB that will receive points this slate. Cutler won’t play since he is a starter, Clausen is out with a concussion and Zac Dysert can’t receive points since he was claimed off waivers this week.

• flip4flop

Looks like Montee Ball will be getting a bunch of carries tonight for Denver according to Rotoworld

• sethayates

@craibcr said...

I checked with DK. Anyone listed on the wrong team will get a 0 tonight. That includes Chris Johnson and also Darrin Reaves who would have been my top play at RB. He’s listed as Carolina even though he plays for the Chiefs. He’s getting a 0.

• lionssuck

@magicfan101 said...

It doesn’t look like the bears have an QB that will receive points this slate. Cutler won’t play since he is a starter, Clausen is out with a concussion and Zac Dysert can’t receive points since he was claimed off waivers this week.

Pretty sure Fales would get the start for the Bears

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).