NFL FORUM

Comments

• chuckyduce

What is the best source for NFL snap count data?

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Available here on site (will be updated for Week 1 soon)

https://rotogrinders.com/grids/nfl-snap-counts-1406139?site=fanduel

Also available in LUHQ (and for other sites on their research hub)

• AlexSonty

• Blogger of the Month

Hazy, from where does RG get them? Why are there differences between the snap counts on fbref.com and FO? How would methodology for a seemingly simple counting stat differ?

• Asylum13

Snap Count is how many plays a player is on the field for. The logic is that the higher the number the better opportunity there is for a player to accumulate stats. So when a QB checks down into a different play then there is opportunity there.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@AlexSonty said...

Hazy, from where does RG get them? Why are there differences between the snap counts on fbref.com and FO? How would methodology for a seemingly simple counting stat differ?

I believe we get them from Football Outsiders – if you have differences, please feel free to point them out in this thread and I’ll show them to cruzin (he handles this on our end).

• MicVicious215

Has this been updated yet? I see player snap counts from the link you posted, but I don’t see team snap counts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).