Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 11/22
    12:30 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Detroit ( 3.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:30 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Dallas ( -8 ) —- T: 41
    8:20 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13 ) at New Orleans ( -13 ) —- T: 59

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DfsBopBooth

@noddy said...

I am currently winning a quarter of what I was at halftime and I have Brees, Kamara, Ingram, Sanu, and Saints D…you cannot make this shit up…that is unf’nreal

I was tripling my money with Kamara, Ingram, Sanu, Thomas and Coleman Saints D. Now im breaking even because I faded Julio and Ridley

• pwnsjr

@CleverGroom said...

What if—and I’m just spitballing here—what if being able to win with any of the players on your roster instead of pounding your studs into the ground week after week after week after week is a competitive advantage and not something that’s being done out of self-flagellating spite?

Probably saving them to kill us, I mean the cowboys, with.

• JH822547

Heh, Brees taking those kneel down push a couple of my showdown teams into the cash line, love it when that happens.

• noddy

I can’t believe I lost money today…unreal after where I was at halftime and with those players left…how is that even possible?

• Benf15harp

Finished 18405/18650 cashing spots in the 20$ dk lmao

• NDNole

Ridley fumble caused me not to cash ugh. Really felt dialed into this showdown and brees does his best spread job yet. No Way I thought kamara and ingram dont get one score. Wow. But thats how it goes.

• footballbutts

Hey I cashed in the weird free underdog showdown contest. Neat.

• Bigb1485

Just needed ridley to get 1, 5 yard catch on that last drive dangit…or put julio in my flex instead of kamara…oh well

• Benf15harp

@footballbutts said...

Hey I cashed in the weird free underdog showdown contest. Neat.

Me too lol. BARELY

• Benf15harp

Anyways back to basketball
    See you football guys next thanksgiving lol

• kdsdawg

@noddy said...

I can’t believe I lost money today…unreal after where I was at halftime and with those players left…how is that even possible?

good grief..how many times folks gotta say this

its luck…luck..,
    in what world does Blount score more against one of the best run defenses in the league than Kamara and Ingram score against the worst defenses against the run and pass….

COMBINED

• 49noobers

was winning ~1.5X in most of DK GPPs until that last garbage time drive by Matty vice and Coleman TD . That Riddley fumble was costly for me. At-least won 2X the entries on FD. Phew.

• DfsBopBooth

@noddy said...

Ridley and Jones outscored Kmara, Ingram, Thomas and Sanu combined. That’s why we made no money. Total BS

• footballbutts

@kdsdawg said...

good grief..how many times folks gotta say this

its luck…luck..,
    in what world does Blount score more against one of the best run defenses in the league than Kamara and Ingram score against the worst defense defenses against the run and pass….

COMBINED

This one, apparently.

I don’t think Blount was as ridiculous of a play as people are making it out to be. Bears were travelling on short rest and starting a backup QB, Lions are down their top RB and playing at home, and Blount is a power back. Add it all up and there existed a good chance that he’d get around 10 touches trying to salt away a close game in the 4th quarter against a tired D. Knowing he’s a goal-line poacher like Ito Smith was icing on the cake for me, so I shoved him in 2 of my 5 lineups.

Cooper and Dax’s performances, on the other hand, were a surprise to me.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Good God, the bitching in here reeks today.

Go be thankful for something you have instead of complaining that you don’t have something that wasn’t yours in the first place.

• eleanorRigby

That Ridley drop hurt. I had him everywhere and he was Captain in my Showdown. I cashed, but what could have been. Nice win tmarohl.

• MotownGreek

Glad this day is over, back to NHL for me. I hate showdown slates, just can’t seem to perform well in them.

• NYGfan1983

damn almost hit it nice today turned 60 into 202…

Julio killed me. damn

• NYGfan1983

@elementasrat said...

LOL Ridley.

Phewwwww. I faded

my heart skipped beats on that i could not believe

• CleverGroom

@footballbutts said...

I don’t think Blount was as ridiculous of a play as people are making it out to be. Bears were travelling on short rest and starting a backup QB, Lions are down their top RB and playing at home, and Blount is a power back. Add it all up and there existed a good chance that he’d get around 10 touches trying to salt away a close game in the 4th quarter against a tired D. Knowing he’s a goal-line poacher like Ito Smith was icing on the cake for me, so I shoved him in 2 of my 5 lineups.

Right…I think what’s really interesting about Blount is that the case for him was mostly built around the Lions leading and winning the game. They led the game for about 8 minutes, total, and lost a game that wasn’t as close as the final score suggests. Blount was still the nuts.

Not only that, but the Saints led wire-to-wire against a team that’s terrible against RBs in fantasy, and yet neither of their top-shelf RBs, running behind a top-shelf OL, receiving screens from a top-shelf QB, produced a viable score.

Those are some wildly unlikely events, taken together.

If you’d sketched out all three of these game scripts, I would’ve asked for Tarik Cohen, Alvin Kamara, and Mark Ingram—which is exactly who I played. I lost 100% of my entries.

• footballbutts

@CleverGroom said...

Right…I think what’s really interesting about Blount is that the case for him was mostly built around the Lions leading and winning the game. They led the game for about 8 minutes, total, and lost a game that wasn’t as close as the final score suggests. Blount was still the nuts.

Not only that, but the Saints led wire-to-wire against a team that’s terrible against RBs in fantasy, and yet neither of their top-shelf RBs, running behind a top-shelf OL, receiving screens from a top-shelf QB, produced a viable score.

Those are some wildly unlikely events, taken together.

If you’d sketched out all three of these game scripts, I would’ve asked for Tarik Cohen, Alvin Kamara, and Mark Ingram—which is exactly who I played. I lost 100% of my entries.

I was with you there – except Zeke instead of Cohen. Burned my promising lineups on Kamara/Ingram. Goes to show gamescript isn’t the end-all be-all.

• CleverGroom

@footballbutts said...

I was with you there – except Zeke instead of Cohen. Burned my promising lineups on Kamara/Ingram. Goes to show gamescript isn’t the end-all be-all.

Yeah, Zeke is also an acceptable response. I felt like it was clear that there were at least 4 good plays at RB, so it was bound to be a tricky short slate.

I don’t mind that I wasn’t able to fit Zeke. It certainly wouldn’t have been enough to save me.

• thetitanlb

After those horrible ass refs didn’t call the helmet to helmet on the
    Jordan reed play I knew I was gonna get fooking burried on the late slate and knew I was curesed. National fixed league

• Skee

I understand NO shutting down ATL for the most part but the rest of that game just ruined my plays, and I went farther in on it than I should have, and I am focusing on just making 1-2 good plays for Sunday

• damionismyname

Doubled entry fees with the saints main weapons throwing up duds. always works out that way when its looks like you’re about to smash. smh

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.