NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 11/26
    12:30 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Detroit ( 2.5 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:30 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Dallas ( -2.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : Baltimore ( 3 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3 ) —- T: 46.5 (Moved to Sunday)

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• kdsdawg

@squidkill said...

Devin Bush went on IR week 9 or after- I think its made an impact on their rush defense, but Im not 100% sure. Asking the Pitt peeps for info.

looking at their game logs the last four games for Pitt have gone
    Jacksonville- 17/73
    Cincy- 21/139
    Dallas-31/144
    Baltimore- 47/265/1

so that would make sense

• zovyn

@kdsdawg said...

gonna have to fade the chalk Gus Bus. Pitt only allowed 5 rushing TDs all year.
    Wonder how much healing Stafford’s thumb can do in a few days?

Well I’m fully expecting that our MotorCity RoboQB will have his thumb replaced by then. Dude played last year with a broken back. A broken back. (Had to say that twice).

All that being said – there’s only so much he can do to overcome crappy play-calling, sub-mediocre coaching, and an overall feeling of apathy on a team of perennial under-achievers.

Can Stafford blow up on Thanksgiving? History says yes. But I won’t play him.

• realphipps

Fingers crossed this is a 3 game slate come Thursday.

Baltimore had more positives today. Virtual practice yesterday and today. Flying to PIT tomorrow if they have 53 healthy bodies.

• zovyn

@realphipps said...

Baltimore had more positives today. Virtual practice yesterday and today. Flying to PIT tomorrow if they have 53 healthy bodies.

“Virtual Practice” – what does that look like, I wonder? Do they play Madden simulations? :P

• ValuableTrader

@realphipps said...

Ugh. Two game slate from a DFS perspective would suuuuuck.

• Bnett2210

@squidkill said...

I don’t care what the PITT defense has done vs RB’s all year- I care what they have done since Devin Bush got knocked out for the year. any of you Pitt fanboys want to chime in ?

Since we lost Bush there has been a difference, and even though Spillane has exceeded expectations he is not Bush. Last week we finally got Avery Williamson on the field some and he should start to get more snaps and that will help too, but other than Bush we also was without Tyson Alualu and neither was there for the last Baltimore game and you could tell the difference. The run D went from number 1 rush D giving up 56ypg going into the Eagles game, and since we’ve almost doubled that and give up around 103 per game. While it’s still top 10 run D, it’s not the same as it was in the beginning. Last game Baltimore took advantage of Spillane, he can’t shed the blocks like an elite or good run stopping LB, and they ran it at him multiple times giving up big plays in holes he was supposed to contain.

I love Spillane and his story and heart, but we need Avery to get up to speed and start taking more reps, in both the run and even more on the pass.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@zovyn said...

Well I’m fully expecting that our MotorCity RoboQB will have his thumb replaced by then. Dude played last year with a broken back. A broken back. (Had to say that twice).

All that being said – there’s only so much he can do to overcome crappy play-calling, sub-mediocre coaching, and an overall feeling of apathy on a team of perennial under-achievers.

Can Stafford blow up on Thanksgiving? History says yes. But I won’t play him.

As a fellow Lions fan, I agree overall. I don’t think his thumb this past week was as big of an issue as protection, receivers, defense though. My interest in Stafford will strictly be tied to the availability of his wideouts. If it’s all hands on deck I have a lot more confidence in him. I’m guessing with them all being limited participants yesterday (not sure about today) and it being the turkey day game, they play, but who knows.

• livetorace17

@ValuableTrader said...

Ugh. Two game slate from a DFS perspective would suuuuuck.

Yes. Yes it would.

IF we cant get all three games, I would like to see the noon game moved to the night slot. Its nice to have that “night cap” chill time with football after everyone leaves.

• ghost3490

Jimmy Smith should shadow Dionte correct?

• marker0357

@livetorace17 said...

Yes. Yes it would.

IF we cant get all three games, I would like to see the noon game moved to the night slot. Its nice to have that “night cap” chill time with football after everyone leaves.

What makes you think that they won’t play?

• winnerchickendinner

Swift got a full practice in today, chances for Thursday increased.

• Bnett2210

@winnerchickendinner said...

I hope he does, to me he’d be a lock. I also want Golladay to play. I think if Golladay plays it would take some off of TJ Hockenson, even though he still going to be highly owned I imagine but maybe little less with everyone back.

• MACKTYSON

To play Gus the Bus or not to play? That is the question.

• be47320

I’ll be 20-25% Gus at most. Low floor/low ceiling receiving wise. He will need minimum the 100 yard bonus to take up a rb slot. I guess his other path is 2 touchdowns but I don’t want to have to count on that. The thing that concerns me about swift is isn’t Detroit a 3 headed monster now with Kerryon in the mix? I haven’t watched him play recently but really liked his skill set watching him his rookie year.

• Bnett2210

@be47320 said...

I’ll be 20-25% Gus at most. Low floor/low ceiling receiving wise. He will need minimum the 100 yard bonus to take up a rb slot. I guess his other path is 2 touchdowns but I don’t want to have to count on that. The thing that concerns me about swift is isn’t Detroit a 3 headed monster now with Kerryon in the mix? I haven’t watched him play recently but really liked his skill set watching him his rookie year.

At the beginning they kind of were hard to figure out like that, but the last couple weeks it’s been mainly Swift, and the game before the injury he took most the workload and put himself in front of the others. I’d say depending if he does play how good he really feels depends what the split might be like, but if he truly is good to go then I don’t think AP or KJ gets much work and Swift would be one of my favorite plays on the board.

On the other side even though Duke has killed people last 2 weeks, the one the weather killed them and all and against NE it was nowhere near the matchup he would get this week. Just gotta wonder if everyone gets off of him and this the game he puts up the numbers we thought he would. Especially if it ends up being his last game as full time starter.

• livetorace17

@marker0357 said...

What makes you think that they won’t play?

Ingram and Dobbins announced out yesterday due to Covid for Baltimore. Then today they announced more positive cases and they have had Zoom practices yesterday and today. They say they will only fly to Pittsburgh if they have 53 healthy players.

• marker0357

I guess we’ll know tomorrow but I still think that they will play. Other teams have been filling in with practice squad players. It would be tough to pass up a game on T’giving. Moving it to Sunday really wouldn’t help them. Once the bye weeks are past, it will be really difficult to make any game up. It’s more wishful thinking than anything factual. Like everyone else, I’m sick of this virus BS.

• jv21

NFL Thanksgiving is one of my favorite slates. Hopefully there are 3 games.

Unfortunately my season started out great and has mostly gone down hill (esp DK), so I will just play 3 lineups, do minimal research, and cross my fingers I dont want to give myself too much hope and we all know these slates can get wonky.

• Sleazygreazy

Mark Andrews was a limited participant in today’s walk though? TF?? Limited on Zoom!?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@zovyn said...

Having had Watson since his rookie year in my franchise/seasonal leagues I’m a fan of Coutee. He hasn’t had much run this year with Cooks and Cobb in the mix but in previous seasons he’s been reasonable when Fuller and Stills were out. Stills is going to be hampered if he plays at all this week.

I wouldn’t sleep on Akins, either.

Honestly if I could roster 5-6 HOU players for this slate I probably would.

Yep he was a beast for us when he played at Texas Tech. He was in O’Brien’s doghouse so hopefully now that he is gone he can secure a more stable role. Yeah Akins is priced really good also. That game is really easy to stack

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@winnerchickendinner said...

Best news I have heard all day

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Mark Andrews was a limited participant in today’s walk though? TF?? Limited on Zoom!?

Bad Wi-Fi signal. You hate to see it

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@be47320 said...

Swift is the only Monster in that backfield. I’m done losing by not playing him. I already have 100% from the Mon-Thurs slate and will probably play 70-80% on the Thanksgiving slate

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@Bnett2210 said...

Especially if it ends up being his last game as full time starter.

Agreed I want all the Swift/Duke

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@theIrrigator said...

Agreed I want all the Swift/Duke

Sure about Duke? Swift I can kind of see. Kind of a mixed bag of potential at RB. Plenty of paths to Zeke and Gibson putting up 20+. Even McKissic for Redskins trailing builds. Not to mention Gus having the backfield to himself against a weakened run defense that gave up 87 on 16 carries and a TD to him a couple weeks back at minimum price.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.