NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 11/26
    12:30 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Detroit ( 2.5 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:30 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Dallas ( -2.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : Baltimore ( 3 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3 ) —- T: 46.5 (Moved to Sunday)

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Sportsfan100

@superjon said...

The game is still on the main slate on FD, but oddly enough, they don’t have a Showdown slate for it. Just for the first 2 games.

I just had 8 $9 entries that I won tickets for refunded to my FD account. At least I’ll have an extra $72 to play with tomorrow I guess.

• livetorace17

I am holding hope that they move Dallas/Washington to 8:20 pm and move Detroit/Houston to 4:30 pm

• Theguy49503

Alright boys what’s the strategy now lol

• bigez952

@livetorace17 said...

I am holding hope that they move Dallas/Washington to 8:20 pm and move Detroit/Houston to 4:30 pm

Adam Schefter asked that question and the NFL stated no times will be moving for the first two games and they will be played as scheduled.

• livetorace17

• Ricolasvegas

@Theguy49503 said...

Alright boys what’s the strategy now lol

Just play showdown for the other 2 games…. I guess

Whole situation blows.. no night game now on Thanksgiving? Hard to believe.

• joephoto

So- The DK Thur-Mon lineup (which I entered a lot) is moved from 8:20 Thur. lock to 4:30 Thur. lock time.
    Why move the lock time ?

• yisman

@866 said...

Whole situation blows.. no night game now on Thanksgiving? Hard to believe.

The NFL went many years without it.

Only got added in 2006.

What I’m wondering is what happens for the station that had the rights to the game.

• yisman

@joephoto said...

So- The DK Thur-Mon lineup (which I entered a lot) is moved from 8:20 Thur. lock to 4:30 Thur. lock time.
    Why move the lock time ?

Because they’re adding Washington/Dallas to the Thu-Mon slate.

• hbomb57

@yisman said...

What I’m wondering is what happens for the station that had the rights to the game.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

The NFL went many years without it.

Only got added in 2006.

NBC probably shows It’s a Wonderful Life or another holiday movie they have the rights too, and your local news at 11.

• joephoto

@yisman said...

Because they’re adding Washington/Dallas to the Thu-Mon slate.

Looks like DK did not do that.
    They appear to have credited all $115 of my Thur-Mon lineups back to my acct.
    No Thur-Mon contests now.

• zovyn

@Sportsfan100 said...

I just had 8 $9 entries that I won tickets for refunded to my FD account. At least I’ll have an extra $72 to play with tomorrow I guess.

FD is dorked a bit right now on this. I’m sure they’ll figure it out sooner or later.

Currently – I received a $9 cash deposit for a Ticket I had in the nighttime showdown – BUT I don’t see what happened to the other $10-ish that I had spread around to other contests on that slate. It’s just disappeared and the lineups/entries don’t show up in history or anywhere.

As for the open contests I have lineups in that include BAL@PIT:

All slates still show gametime of 8:20 PM Thursday for BAL@PIT

My Thursday-only Snake Draft lineups show no change at all
    My Thursday-only full slate has blanks in for any BAL@PIT players I had in there
    My Thursday-Monday full slate is unchanged (but I didn’t have any BAL@PIT players rostered in that one anyway)

If I had to guess, based on how they did it before on mixed slates:

1) Thursday-only slate will revert to a 2-game slate even if the 3rd game is listed. You won’t be able to roster BAL@PIT at all.
    2) Snake Draft Thursday-only lineups will run through to Sunday night and accrue points for BAL@PIT
    3) Thursday-Monday slate won’t change at all. EXCEPT – they MAY remove the BAL@PIT players and add the game in on Sunday night, in which case you’ll need to re-roster those players. It happened that way earlier in the season in a similar situation.
    4) Don’t expect BAL@PIT to be added to ANY of the other existing slates for the weekend (Main, Sun-Mon, etc.) that are already live.
    5) They’ll release a showdown slate for BAL@PIT on Sunday, if the game even happens.

Clusterf$@#eration.

• yisman

@zovyn said...

FD is dorked a bit right now on this. I’m sure they’ll figure it out sooner or later.

Currently – I received a $9 cash deposit for a Ticket I had in the nighttime showdown – BUT I don’t see what happened to the other $10-ish that I had spread around to other contests on that slate. It’s just disappeared and the lineups/entries don’t show up in history or anywhere.

As for the open contests I have lineups in that include BAL@PIT:

All slates still show gametime of 8:20 PM Thursday for BAL@PIT

My Thursday-only Snake Draft lineups show no change at all
    My Thursday-only full slate has blanks in for any BAL@PIT players I had in there
    My Thursday-Monday full slate is unchanged (but I didn’t have any BAL@PIT players rostered in that one anyway)

If I had to guess, based on how they did it before on mixed slates:

1) Thursday-only slate will revert to a 2-game slate even if the 3rd game is listed. You won’t be able to roster BAL@PIT at all.
    2) Snake Draft Thursday-only lineups will run through to Sunday night and accrue points for BAL@PIT
    3) Thursday-Monday slate won’t change at all. EXCEPT – they MAY remove the BAL@PIT players and add the game in on Sunday night, in which case you’ll need to re-roster those players. It happened that way earlier in the season in a similar situation.
    4) Don’t expect BAL@PIT to be added to ANY of the other existing slates for the weekend (Main, Sun-Mon, etc.) that are already live.
    5) They’ll release a showdown slate for BAL@PIT on Sunday, if the game even happens.

Clusterf$@#eration.

DK said on twitter they’re adding the Cowboys game to Thu-Mon

I don’t know about FD.

I had two tickets to the showdown for FD so I got 18 site credit instead

• livetorace17

It would seem that, given the circumstances this year, the Big Two would have some sort of policy for this and it would be published and common knowledge so we all know what to expect.

Yet, every time this has happened this season there is just a bunch of “Clusterf$@#eration” to quote zovyn.

HA! Who am I kidding?

• yisman

https://mobile.twitter.com/AwesemoDFS/status/1331656143651835911

Literally three minutes later, Schefter tweets the game is being thrown off the slate.

One of the replies:

If only this was like the UFC, “The Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers accept this game on short notice”, to save the Thanksgiving slate

• zeeshan2

Terry McLaurin (ankle) is questionable for Week 12 against the Cowboys.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/51680/terry-mclaurin

• noddy

@hbomb57 said...

LMAO!!!

• BIF

@livetorace17 said...

No – tradition has both Detroit and Dallas hosting day games.

The 3rd game was only added in the last 15 years

• BIF

DK refunded all my Thursday night Pit-Balt Showdown entries and doesn’t even have it as one of their Sunday Showdown offerings when I last looked.

DK also made their Sunday Main Slate 12 games (previously 11) now with the addition of the Pitt-Balt game.

• marker0357

@BIF said...

No – tradition has both Detroit and Dallas hosting day games.

The 3rd game was only added in the last 10 years or less.

This Thanksgiving is gonna suck. What are we supposed to do now after day football is over, we’re all bloated and drunk? Play board games with people we see once a year and really don’t like? We may even have to talk with one another.

• JH822547

Are we having a Thanksgiving Happy Meal?

• BIF

@marker0357 said...

This Thanksgiving is gonna suck. What are we supposed to do now after day football is over, we’re all bloated and drunk? Play board games with people we see once a year and really don’t like? We may even have to talk with one another.

Well I’m Canadian for starters so it’s not my Turkey Day but there is a NCAA FB game with Utah State hosting New Mexico on after the 2 NFL games and a couple of evening NCAA Hoops games.

With respect to interacting with people; we are on a lockdown so we cannot have people over nor can we visit other households for about 3-4 weeks (or longer) which is fine with me. Most stores are also closed so I’m not getting dragged out this year for Black Friday or Christmas shopping (an added bonus of Covid lockdowns !).

Oh and Friday has a nice slate of college games as well !

• BIF

@JH822547 said...

Are we having a Thanksgiving Happy Meal?

Sent it out yesterday night – probably almost full as it was $3 50-person contest

NFL Thu 11:30 AM CST – $3 entry

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/97223028

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.