1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10.5 ) at Seattle ( -10.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Indianapolis ( -5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 12th
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    10:20 PM EST : Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Yacht67

You know McCoy isn’t really being talked about. Ravens D is just a middle D. I love McCoy here. Don’t see the bills being blown out or blowing out the ravens. See McCoy having a decent portion of carries and receptions here. Still not fading murray in cash. But McCoy is a play IMO in all formats.

• JHTURNER27

What do guys you think Gurley’s ownership is going to be. I’m personally fading him on all 100 + of my lineups.

• deactivated51600

@deejmonster said...

You mean from the mountains of Minnesota…

Vikings are on the road in Tennessee

• rickmeseke

@Yacht67 said...

You know McCoy isn’t really being talked about. Ravens D is just a middle D. I love McCoy here. Don’t see the bills being blown out or blowing out the ravens. See McCoy having a decent portion of carries and receptions here. Still not fading murray in cash. But McCoy is a play IMO in all formats.

i agree. i also have watkins a good bit, i can see him burning jimmy smith all day.

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@whoisjohngalt said...

Bradford gonna need a pretty strong arm to get the ball from the bench in Tennessee to the field in Philly.

Shhhhh….. I know everyone’s talking about Dak Preschalk but I’m smelling…… And no it’s not my Eagles bias. Wouldn’t touch Carson in any other matchup however.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Razzle11 said...

I have gotten into some debates over the correlations each of the last couple of seasons as in general, yes there is a negative correlation between a team’s RB’s and its WR’s. However, with certain teams, the negative correlation is either non-existent or so minuscule that it does not necessarily matter.

Each week brings new match-ups for teams which then provide us an opportunity to digest opponent strengths and weaknesses. The Steelers have been the prime example because of the #s that Roethlisberger can put up any given week, along with how involved the guys like Le’Veon and DeAngelo are in the pass game and the # of targets/catches that Antonio Brown puts up on a weekly basis.

It obviously helps that a team like the Steelers will be projected to put up a ton of points, which is what helps to eliminate the negative correlation.

In the question that you quoted, obviously the Steelers are in play and I think the Falcons too…the other two we just do not know how they will work together so to start out I would say they have a negative correlation because the odds lean towards that being the case on a weekly basis.

Steelers, Patriots (especially prior to Dion Lewis getting hurt last year), Cardinals to an extent are three teams that seem to be able to offer a combination that are usable in a stack situation.

Theo Riddick would work with DET but that’s based almost entirely on his receiving numbers out of the backfield. I think some weeks Lamar Miller, Elliot should be possibles

Correlation, game flow and terms of that nature are just industry talk to me. It sounds nice to the ears and looks good on paper but most of the top line ups are the ones that make little to no sense heading into game day. I think about those things a tad bit when making line ups but I feel like to a certain extent every game is unique. It’s many ways to beat a team on offense and defense. Some teams you have to keep them off balance and mix up with the run and pass, which may favor a QB/RB/WR stack if the game is close. Other teams can be beat with a head on approach, either heavy run, or heavy pass. You just have to break down each individual game on a slate to figure out which players are worth having on your roster. A lot of times I see people assume because TEAM A is giving 10.0 points to TEAM B that a RB/DST stack is the way to go. It’s sooo many ways that game could play out tho. Some defenses are just good at making other teams go three and out, no sacks, no ints, no tds. Then you have offenses like the Chiefs who will hit the spread by kicking field goals. lol. I saw someone on here saying that the best way to set your lineups is by WATCHING the games. That’s so true. Looking at numbers and analytics is okay, but the film will always show you that diamond in the rough. I remember watching Tyler Lockette TORCH my Baylor Bears when he was at K-State, so when he was coming out I knew I wanted him to be a 49er because we lack that elite level speed and elusiveness. Obviously he went to the Hawks and via watching my 49ers get curb stomped by the Hawks the past few years I knew Lockette was going to be a big play threat.

• ftheim36

Who is the better cash game option between Edelman, Landry and Moncrief this week?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@JHTURNER27 said...

What do guys you think Gurley’s ownership is going to be. I’m personally fading him on all 100 + of my lineups.

All 49ers bias aside, I think this is a trap game for Gurley. 49ers D always plays well week one of the season. 5-0 in their last five season openers. Low key the 49ers have good depth on the d-line again and that’s even with losing Ian Williams for the season. Also no Aaron Lynch for four weeks, but Eli Harold and Brooks should hold the ends down well with De.Fo, Dial, and Armstead in the middle. In the ONE game Gurley has played against the 49ers he went for 20 carries, 133 yards, 1 TD. 71 of that 133 came on one run. Without that run Gurley is 19 for 62, 0 tds. I hate subtracting plays away from a players production, but sometimes I feel like it’s a must if it supports a bigger theory. The 49ers have a much better coaching staff than they did last season, and much better depth on the defensive side of the ball. I think the defense will be more disciplined than they were last season which will prevent a lot of the home run plays that they gave up last season.

• TheWhiteMamba

My favorite DK stack is easily Winston/Evans.

• Dfspacman

Terrelle Pryor wide receiver 1 for Browns! Lol. He is quite raw 6 ft 5, 4.38 40 time. Him and RG3 can connect for at least 2 deep passes and maybe 3 short passes I would hope. For 3000 he is certainly a sleeper pick.

• ScottMc3l

Who has the better week Moncrief or Crabtree?

• KeithVanHorn82

Crabcrief Montree

• Dadeano860

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Obviously he went to the Hawks and via watching my 49ers get curb stomped by the Hawks the past few years I knew Lockette was going to be a big play threat.

You make some decent points. But “industry speak” makes a lot more sense than you watching Lockett at K-State. If you’ve been playing him on dfs he’s probably helped you 1 or 2 weeks of his year

• Dadeano860

Why do you think the big stat and analytic sharks win all the money?

• cln2013

@Dadeano860 said...

Because by doing the research and learning team tendencies helps us create optimal lineups. Also knowing each team weakness and exploiting them the best way possible

• cln2013

@Dadeano860 said...

Also since we likely have won a lot we are able to invest in a larger share of tournament entries.

• Bvgingy

I was thinking about playing Forsett or hill for my low priced rb in a gpp and was wondering your guy’s thoughts on them. Especially since the Jets will be without Richardson and they lost Harrison in free agency and the bills will be without dareus, lost Williams and are dealing with various injuries.

• Yacht67

Anyone else believe in having 3 RBs in cash games?

• UltiPhil

@cln2013 said...

Also since we likely have won a lot we are able to invest in a larger share of tournament entries.

Volumes serves to reduce variance. If a Shark enters tons of line-up he will win because he is EV+ (read playing better than the field). Give a whale a million bucks and tell him to enter max entries in alot of GPP for a season and he will lose alot of money.

/rant

Sorry just tired of reading that the reason winners win big is because they enter tons of line-ups. That’s not even a factor if they are not paying well (wich means researchs, etc.)

• Hjd29

Thoughts on OBJ for DK cash? I can’t help but keep looking at last years 2 games when they played the Cowboys. Feel like he’s only worth paying up for if he explodes.

Stuck between OBJ/Sharpe or Cooper/Marvin jones…leaning towards the ladder. I’ve already got jones/Hopkins as other 2 WR, but am also second guessing Hopkins in cash. Thoughts?

• Luctyl99

My bold prediction is that if anyone WR could have 3 touchdowns this week it will be Moncrief

• Yacht67

Bears have a pretty decimated secondary right now. Hopkins has a good match-up.

• billholler

@cln2013 said...

Nothing personal but who’s “we”? I don’t see much winning in your player stats.

• gillio

Pryor or Sharpe for GPP

• jimmyd1507

@Luctyl99 said...

My bold prediction is that if anyone WR could have 3 touchdowns this week it will be Moncrief

I have him in every lineup. Seriously.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).