1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10.5 ) at Seattle ( -10.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Indianapolis ( -5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 12th
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    10:20 PM EST : Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• MrSnuffleupagus

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

*Julius Thomas is playing on the road, not at home.

Lol

• Authentk

Am I crazy putting a Flacco/Aiken combo out there in a GPP?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

The funny thing is that I meant to say Julius Thomas is playing at home, not the road. That’s why I get for being a wise ass. lol

• MrSnuffleupagus

@Authentk said...

Yes cause Buffalo has two corners, Shutdown corner Gilmore and Darby is no slouch.

• Authentk

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Yes cause Buffalo has two corners, Shutdown corner Gilmore and Darby is no slouch.

Thank you for that bit of insight. I’m trying to differentiate and was hoping for a pretty decent game out of them both.

• Dfspacman

Decker never scored below 10 last season, I’m expecting a lot from him this season. Considering playing him and Alshon Jeffery.

• Dfspacman

It seems like everyone has similar targets Marvin Jones, Moncrief, Ware, Prescott, etc
    Watch RG3 go for 4 touchdowns and Adrian Peterson score 3 touchdowns. Lol
    Being week 1 it’s quite tough predicting…

• BmoreClutch

@Authentk said...

Not crazy at all. GPP’s are all about taking risks. I think a Ravens pair is better suited if you’re multi entering a GPP though.

I’m throwing out a Flacco/Wallace LU

• Ntucker2

ATTN: IF U HAVE $5 AND A DRAFTKINGS ACCT ENTER THE THURSDAY KICKOFF GONNA BE HELLA OVERLAY RIGHT NOW ITS AT 89,000/235,000!!!!

• Ntucker2

WITH ONLY 19 HOURS TO GO AND THIS THING HAS BEEN UP FOR WEEKS DK GONNA EAT SHIT ON THAT ONE LOL

• gillio

Can someone explain overlay to me???

• madmanjayWV

@gillio said...

Can someone explain overlay to me???

Go put $10 on y-a-hoo and you will learn quickly

Overlay = any guaranteed prize pool that is offered in DFS where that particular slate of games is not going to FILL to capacity, but is still going to run with whomever however many entries are in it.

So if a tny only fills say 75% or even 80-85+% or you feel it’s going to be 10, 8 or even 5% short (OVERLAY) —- you are sometimes vastly increasing your odds to make a CASH

• madmanjayWV

@nmpap said...

any advice on picking a K at 4100 on fd?

I’d say it’s next to impossible since the cheapest is 4500 on FD

• Element828

@Authentk said...

Not at all. Aiken is a good pivot from marvin jones since they are priced almost the same but jones will have much higher ownership so if flacco and aiken have a big game you will be ahead of lots of people’s

• Dunzor

@madmanjayWV said...

Go put $10 on y-a-hoo and you will learn quickly

Overlay = any guaranteed prize pool that is offered in DFS where that particular slate of games is not going to FILL to capacity, but is still going to run with whomever however many entries are in it.

So if a tny only fills say 75% or even 80-85+% or you feel it’s going to be 10, 8 or even 5% short (OVERLAY) —- you are sometimes vastly increasing your odds to make a CASH

Technically overlay doesn’t just mean a tourney is short of filling, it means that it is short enough that the guaranteed prize pool exceeds the total value of the entry fees, essentially meaning that draft kings or whichever site is actually giving away money in the contest. Most tourneys have something like 10% more money in entry fees than the prize pool (we call this the rake and how the sites make their money) if a contest doesn’t fill beyond the breakeven point for the site then there is “overlay” or free money being given away to players.

• noddy

It looks to me there is going to be overlay in many contests on dk tonight. Am I wrong?

• Hjd29

Thoughts on Amari Cooper vs Mike Evans in dk cash?

• RangerC

Where is the 25K 10 Days of Giveaways tourney on DK? When I try to redeem the ticket it says no contests are available.

• kdsdawg

@Hjd29 said...

well, Desmond Trufant is a pretty good corner and last year against the Falcons Evans scored 17.1 on seven targets at home and only 7.8 on nine targets at Atlanta..take it FWIW

• deejmonster

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Welp, there goes Aiken from my line ups

• PJGuin23

DFS Tax Guru

@noddy said...

It looks to me there is going to be overlay in many contests on dk tonight. Am I wrong?

I think there’s gonna be some last second LU dumps from sharp players. I could be wrong (hopefully).

• deejmonster

@Hjd29 said...

I think ownership on both are going to be high. Look at Vincent Jackson from TB. Mike Evans is likely going to be covered by shut down corner Desmond Trufant. It looks to give Jackson a higher play this week.

• jman3034

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Aiken is a slot WR…he shouldn’t be guarded by either of them. They will be on Smith and Wallace on the outside. He should be covered by Robey-Coleman I believe

• deejmonster

@jman3034 said...

Aiken is a slot WR…he shouldn’t be guarded by either of them. They will be on Smith and Wallace on the outside. He should be covered by Robey-Coleman I believe

With Smith and Perriman now acting as potential starters, I would avoid B-more week one until they figure out who is going to get the majority of field time.

• BlackGambino

Has anyone ever seen an overIay on the 100 man league? for example I was looking at Fanduel 100 man leagues particularly the $25 (never thought to play high), I notice some of the higher entries take awhile to fill up. Or does the overlay only apply to GPP? Thanks in advance for answering

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.