1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10.5 ) at Seattle ( -10.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Indianapolis ( -5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 12th
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    10:20 PM EST : Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dadeano860

This Romo injury really makes Week 1 a lot less fun. Prescott ownership will probably 60-75% in cash games. Kind of have to take Dak in cash games at this point. I am going to fade him in tourneys, he’s looked great in the preseason, but the regular season is a whole new ballgame. Plus, that Giants defense will be much improved. In cash I’ll take him and choose 3 top flight WRs like everyone else (I play on FD mainly) to be risk adverse.

• sgjanik6

DK did this last year, they will post the other slates as it gets closer to the first games. They want to get the main slate buy-ins first and then let the other slates get bought in.

• Yacht67

I mean dak is low priced. And yes he will be highly owned. But if you want until sunday to enter you might get a lot of rec players entering. That is without dak. Because he is a raw rookie QB, and there are other well-known QBs to take.

• doctor_doom

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Dak is way overrated. I have seen him play for 3 years. He’s a decent runner but struggles with the deep ball. 10-15 yard passes is what you can expect from him in a real game. A strong pass rush will hurt him. While getting blown out against Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl, a strong rush caused him to crap in his pants in the second quarter and he had to go out and shower and change.
    I don’t see how he could have improved so much in 8 months to change his skill set. I hope he is owned 70% plus. I will collect money by playing another QB.

• thatkid500

Amari cooper or Ty hilton

• SonOfNike

Thoughts on Giants D and Elliot in cash game?

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@doctor_doom said...

Dak is way overrated. I have seen him play for 3 years. He’s a decent runner but struggles with the deep ball. 10-15 yard passes is what you can expect from him in a real game. A strong pass rush will hurt him. While getting blown out against Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl, a strong rush caused him to crap in his pants in the second quarter and he had to go out and shower and change.
    I don’t see how he could have improved so much in 8 months to change his skill set. I hope he is owned 70% plus. I will collect money by playing another QB.

The thing that has changed so much in 8 months is his offensive line. Having the best o-line in the league can do wonders for a QB that struggles against pressure. Add in an awesome running game, and you’ve got a QB who can really hurt teams with play-action. Then give him one of the best YAC receivers in the game in Dez Bryant plus two reliable checkdown guys like Witten and Beasley and Dak has 65+ completion percentage written all over him. Then you’ve got the running ability that gives him rushing TD upside, combined with the tendency of rookie QBs to just tuck and go if there’s pressure. His fantasy upside may be much larger than his real-life upside, but both are very high in the situation he’s been put in.

• scottmsteiner

@SonOfNike said...

On the same lineup? No, not in cash games. Although either could be a good play on their own.

• Whacko

@SonOfNike said...

The Giants better find some answers on Offense, because that defense is going to be on the field an awful lot if something doesn’t get clicking.
    The good news is that the Giants Defense won’t be highly owned, and going against a Rookie is very appealing.

I’m not saying it is a good idea nor a bad one, just for cash I am a tad skeptical.

• Razzle11

@escot4 said...

The thing that has changed so much in 8 months is his offensive line. Having the best o-line in the league can do wonders for a QB that struggles against pressure. Add in an awesome running game, and you’ve got a QB who can really hurt teams with play-action. Then give him one of the best YAC receivers in the game in Dez Bryant plus two reliable checkdown guys like Witten and Beasley and Dak has 65+ completion percentage written all over him. Then you’ve got the running ability that gives him rushing TD upside, combined with the tendency of rookie QBs to just tuck and go if there’s pressure. His fantasy upside may be much larger than his real-life upside, but both are very high in the situation he’s been put in.

Also add in the NFL coaching he has received since leaving college, along with the far better team around him. His play as a senior in college is not going to be his play as a professional, guys at that age continue to get better.

I do think he may be over owned gpp wise for week 1 and he will finally get to see non-vanilla defenses which can cause some hiccups but I do not see how he isnt a solid value play, especially in cash games.

I haven’t started developing my week 1 cash lineup yet, however I would bet that he is on my very very short list of QB options

• Tammy409

So they can make more money and we get another slate 24 hours later. It’s a doubleheader. Relax. Play Antonio the next day.

• vikingcrown

Wow, just looked at the week 1 slates DK is offering and maybe its because i didnt play week 1 last season but the contests are huge!

1. 45K+ person 25$ double up,
    2. 114K+ person 5$ double up

… I usually look for large doubles, but are these too big and should be avoided or are they a great value?

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

@Tammy409 said...

So they can make more money and we get another slate 24 hours later. It’s a doubleheader. Relax. Play Antonio the next day.

2-game NFL slates are absolutely worthless for GPP players. They always seem to end in a 300-way tie for first.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

Last year when Tyrod got his start in week 1, I think he was around 15% in GPP’s and 25-30% in cash. I’m guessing this will be similar to that.

• bolu

@vikingcrown said...

Wow, just looked at the week 1 slates DK is offering and maybe its because i didnt play week 1 last season but the contests are huge!

1. 45K+ person 25$ double up,
    2. 114K+ person 5$ double up

… I usually look for large doubles, but are these too big and should be avoided or are they a great value?

Huge double ups were easier even before the reduction in entry limits.

• mchin1027

How many passes can we expect from Dak in week 1? We know Dallas is going to emphasize the run and play a slow, ball control style. To me it seems like his ceiling is very low unless he’s incredibly efficient, and/or scores on the ground.

~20 passes from a rookie quarterback in his very first NFL game seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

• Razzle11

@mchin1027 said...

How many passes can we expect from Dak in week 1? We know Dallas is going to emphasize the run and play a slow, ball control style. To me it seems like his ceiling is very low unless he’s incredibly efficient, and/or scores on the ground.

~20 passes from a rookie quarterback in his very first NFL game seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

I think you are more referring to his floor with potential pass attempts as his ceiling could be much higher than you think, especially should they be in come from behind mode…

• hobbes2d

I hope Dak is super highly owned in GPPs so it will be easier to pivot to someone else.

• Razzle11

@hobbes2d said...

I hope Dak is super highly owned in GPPs so it will be easier to pivot to someone else.

Theres enough GPP options to where he won’t be super highly owned, I may have like 5% ownership of him in week 1…working on my numbers now, but I do know it won’t be more than 10% across all sites

• BUFUu2

I can’t wait for the first week of football I have prolly 20 lineups already and I bet I still miss the big combo and yes i even did a bradford eagles stack

• Bakemoney125

A lot of you guys going max entry gpp week one or is it safer going cash games week one?

• BUFUu2

@Bakemoney125 said...

A lot of you guys going max entry gpp week one or is it safer going cash games week one?

Personally I think gpp for week 1…. It seems like nobody really knows who stands out so if you have the right combo you are going to win money…… There are always a huge sleeper week 1 that hardly anyone ever plays…. Last year was Mariota and Winston if I do recall.

• BUFUu2

and the te jenkins

• Yacht67

@mchin1027 said...

That’s why i prefer the Zek as the only player from the cowboys for Week 1.

• Brian6035

Any estimates on colin kaepernick’s week 1 ownership?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.