1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10.5 ) at Seattle ( -10.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Indianapolis ( -5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 12th
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    10:20 PM EST : Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Brian6035

Anyone else think TY Hilton has a monster game?

• WestCrook1

Dak/Mocrief/D Allen or Carr/Sharpe/D Allen

• Brian6035

Thoughts on Crowell as a DK GPP play?

• Luctyl99

I’m not understanding all of the love for Ryan Mathews. Yes they are playing the Browns, who are not good against the run. But is there any evidence that he is going to receive enough carries to do what everyone seems to think he will? Sproles is going to take all passing downs. I’m just not understand

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Brian6035 said...

Thoughts on Crowell as a DK GPP play?

Very sneaky play. As is Justin Forrsett.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@yountingly said...

Chargers fan here definitely not a bad idea. Peters should shallow Allen which might give more looks to Benjamin and Chargers figure to be throwing a lot from behind. Still not a good matchup. Have him in a lu.

Benjamin is probably the fastest WR Rivers has ever had and Phil likes the deep ball. Plus obviously, this the best QB Benjamin has ever had. Chance they hook up for a long one.

I don’t think the Chiefs play shadow defense. If so Peters isn’t a shutdown corner, he gets burned just as much as he makes plays. He is more of a playmaker, test him enough and eventually he will burn you.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

I don’t think the Chiefs play shadow defense. If so Peters isn’t a shutdown corner, he gets burned just as much as he makes plays. He is more of a playmaker, test him enough and eventually he will burn you.

Marcus Peters played like 95% left corner last year. He doesn’t shadow anyone. Most NFL defenses don’t operate that way.

• Schizlor

@bignish said...

The Giants D is tremendously improved with a fully healthy JPP and the additions of Olivier Vernon, Janoris Jenkins and former Bengals slot man Leon Hall.

As a Skins fan I would pump the breaks on all this “tremendously improved” talk. Throwing $200M together in a patchwork of studs from many disparate teams doesn’t automatically equal a defensive juggernaut. Eagles Dream Team, anyone? The Giants have to prove they can jel first before we can say they are tremendously improved.

They will be better, sure. But opening on the road against a fierce division rival, against a QB whom no one has any real NFL tape on yet, behind the best O-line in football, and with Elliott behind him to take some pressure off, I just don’t see any way Dak gets single digit points in any format unless he goes down with an injury early. If he went for 157yds 1TD, 2Int, with 44RuY and 0RTD, which is beyond pedestrian, he’d still get you 10+ points. Throw in one on the ground for him near the goal line, and that putrid passing performance is still good for 16. At 5k I’d take that all day.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Marcus Peters played like 95% left corner last year. He doesn’t shadow anyone. Most NFL defenses don’t operate that way.

That’s what I was thinking. I’ve got KA in a few line ups. I think he sees 10 plus targets in his sleep.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Interesting because that’s not what very reputable guy said in his write up on Allen/Benjamin this week. Thought Peters would shadow some. Still think Benjamin could hit a big one.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Schizlor said...

As a Skins fan I would pump the breaks on all this “tremendously improved” talk. Throwing $200M together in a patchwork of studs from many disparate teams doesn’t automatically equal a defensive juggernaut. Eagles Dream Team, anyone? The Giants have to prove they can jel first before we can say they are tremendously improved.

They will be better, sure. But opening on the road against a fierce division rival, against a QB whom no one has any real NFL tape on yet, behind the best O-line in football, and with Elliott behind him to take some pressure off, I just don’t see any way Dak gets single digit points in any format unless he goes down with an injury early. If he went for 157yds 1TD, 2Int, with 44RuY and 0RTD, which is beyond pedestrian, he’d still get you 10+ points. Throw in one on the ground for him near the goal line, and that putrid passing performance is still good for 16. At 5k I’d take that all day.

My thoughts exactly. This almost makes me want to go 100% Dak in GPP. I feel like ppl will over think it and Dak will only be like 15% owned.

• apwoodroof

Will dk add more $1 guaranteed double ups to the main slate?

• lwrow

Stacking the titans, they have a history of overperforming in their first game, and then underperforming the rest of the season.

• DAR207

Alright looking for a few opinons if I may

I have 4 teams in a very high stakes GPP. Higher then ive ever played in before. Going into today I was certain of my game plan (4 different QB/WR combos and fit in the guys I like around them. However the more Im looking at this the more I am debating on putting Stafford and various stack combos on all 4, and just rotating players around that stack.

Any thoughts on going all in on Stafford (seems like the no brainer play) or if going with the 4 different combos smarter? (I have Kirk/Djax Stafford/Jones Luck/Hilton and Tyrod/Watkins currently with Jarvis Landry 100%)

Thanks

• TheWhiteMamba

“(player-popup)R. Mathews/ M. Crabtree

or…

“(player-popup)L. Miller/”(player-popup)C. Michael”:/players/christine-michael-16540

DK GPP

• Linsanity88

@Luctyl99 said...

I’m not understanding all of the love for Ryan Mathews. Yes they are playing the Browns, who are not good against the run. But is there any evidence that he is going to receive enough carries to do what everyone seems to think he will? Sproles is going to take all passing downs. I’m just not understand

With Wentz starting at QB, the Eagles will probably throw the ball 25-30 times and run the ball 30-35 times. Sproles will get passing down work, but he’s not likely to see more than 8 carries or so, which leaves 22-27 carries for Mathews. That’s plenty of opportunity for him to put up big numbers against a bad Browns run D. I’m on the fence with him in cash but love him in GPP since he should go underowned.

Re: Marcus Peters, he didn’t shadow last year because he was a rookie and the Chiefs had Sean Smith on the other side of the field. With Smith in Oakland now, there’s a decent chance the Chiefs will use Peters to shadow when the opponent has a clear #1 WR, which is the case for the Chargers with Keenan Allen. I do agree with the one guy who said that Peters gets beat as often as he makes plays, as he likes to gamble a lot for INTs. Allen should put up decent numbers, I just don’t like his upside as much for the price as some other guys in the same price range.

• deejmonster

Markus Wheaton is out for Monday’s game.

• Luctyl99

Would I be overthinking in a gpp to play the cardinals defense over Seahawks on fanduel? The Seahawks will obviously be the higher owned but would it be smarter to just go Seahawks anyways?

• deactivated51600

@DAR207 said...

Alright looking for a few opinons if I may

I have 4 teams in a very high stakes GPP. Higher then ive ever played in before. Going into today I was certain of my game plan (4 different QB/WR combos and fit in the guys I like around them. However the more Im looking at this the more I am debating on putting Stafford and various stack combos on all 4, and just rotating players around that stack.

Any thoughts on going all in on Stafford (seems like the no brainer play) or if going with the 4 different combos smarter? (I have Kirk/Djax Stafford/Jones Luck/Hilton and Tyrod/Watkins currently with Jarvis Landry 100%)

Thanks

Have you considered maybe leaving your 4 teams as they are based on your original instincts.. and then since you feel so strongly about having Stafford covered maybe doing 10-15 or more additional smaller buy ins as a mini hedge, like the $3 millionaire maker, using 100% Stafford and doing rotations in those so you feel u have both angles covered? Seems like you felt certain going into today, trust that. Keep in mind if you are shooting for 1st place in a high stakes GPP Stafford is an above radar play in a high O/U game that won’t necessarily differentiate you as much as you’d like if he goes off. But, if you are over exposed to him in a MME event like the millionaire maker in 100% of your line ups you do have a chance to differentiate yourself if he goes off.

• zpa1989

i keep hearing all this landry talk are people on fanduel using landry? i just think his TD upside is very low and the matchup is bad on the road. cooper, cobb, watkins, all similar range, even baldwin on the other side, hilton, far superior plays. other than cooper, most of those guys will go under-owned too, at least i think

• thefantasykidny

Which WR3 for FD cash games?

Moncrief: $6200
    Crabtree: $ 6100
    Marvin Jones: $5500

My gut tells me Jones. Hope he will get enough targets and just not a couple of shots downfield though.

• DAR207

@zpa1989 said...

i keep hearing all this landry talk are people on fanduel using landry? i just think his TD upside is very low and the matchup is bad on the road. cooper, cobb, watkins, all similar range, even baldwin on the other side, hilton, far superior plays. other than cooper, most of those guys will go under-owned too, at least i think

For me its a seperation play with my otherwise chalky lineup. (for the most part). Landry doesnt have as bad of a matchup as you might think also. Its widely known that the weakness of Seattle are the short, quick hitters. That is what Landry shines in. He is a road dog which I could see Miami being down 17 in the 4th and Ryan Tannehill peppering him with targets all second half trying to move the ball. He is probably one of the safer players at the 6K DK price range by my expectations.

• DAR207

@whoisjohngalt said...

Have you considered maybe leaving your 4 teams as they are based on your original instincts.. and then since you feel so strongly about having Stafford covered maybe doing 10-15 or more additional smaller buy ins as a mini hedge, like the $3 millionaire maker, using 100% Stafford and doing rotations in those so you feel u have both angles covered? Seems like you felt certain going into today, trust that. Keep in mind if you are shooting for 1st place in a high stakes GPP Stafford is an above radar play in a high O/U game that won’t necessarily differentiate you as much as you’d like if he goes off. But, if you are over exposed to him in a MME event like the millionaire maker in 100% of your line ups you do have a chance to differentiate yourself if he goes off.

I have thought about it, but again that wouldnt really reap the ROI in the $3 that my 4 teams in this Big entry GPP would. I am trying to focus on my 4 lineups on this and not just MME small stakes.

I like the idea of going all in on one QB, Maybe Stafford isnt the QB to do so if hes as popular as you suggest. I do have as much faith in KIrk as I do Stafford so Maybe thats my play. My question was more or less is going all in on One combo better then having spread exposure. Ive read so many various opinons.

• zpa1989

@DAR207 said...

For me its a seperation play with my otherwise chalky lineup. (for the most part). Landry doesnt have as bad of a matchup as you might think also. Its widely known that the weakness of Seattle are the short, quick hitters. That is what Landry shines in. He is a road dog which I could see Miami being down 17 in the 4th and Ryan Tannehill peppering him with targets all second half trying to move the ball. He is probably one of the safer players at the 6K DK price range by my expectations.

i guess on DK you could justify it, but remember how well Antonio Brown fared against seattle last year?

• deactivated51600

@DAR207 said...

I have thought about it, but again that wouldnt really reap the ROI in the $3 that my 4 teams in this Big entry GPP would. I am trying to focus on my 4 lineups on this and not just MME small stakes.

I like the idea of going all in on one QB, Maybe Stafford isnt the QB to do so if hes as popular as you suggest. I do have as much faith in KIrk and I do Stafford so Maybe thats my play. My question was more or less is going all in on One combo better then having spread exposure. Ive read so many various opinons.

I think the #1 main thing is to trust yourself. Honestly, both options you present make sense. Only you know how your gut feels. Even in just 4 line ups, if you use all 4 with Stafford you are still 100% exposed which is a much higher number than the field will be. Whatever you go with.. Good Luck! :-)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.