1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10.5 ) at Seattle ( -10.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Indianapolis ( -5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 12th
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    10:20 PM EST : Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• thefellowship

@Dmurphy104 said...

I get the argument against him. But from game theory/cash game strategy, it’s the safe play. it’s also the best play based on a CPP calculation looking at most projections.

Also, you would expect to get more production via the additional salary freed up by rostering him..may or may not work out in any given week, but generally you would expect it to.

Yes sir., this man gets it and understands the game in which he plays. Dak in cash is a no brainer, GPP is another story perhaps, but without him in cash you are what us pros call easy meat. That being said, i will sprinkle in a bit of Stafford and perhaps Carr to get some algorithmic diversity as we in The Hive call it.

• thefellowship

@Dmurphy104 said...

I get the argument against him. But from game theory/cash game strategy, it’s the safe play. it’s also the best play based on a CPP calculation looking at most projections.

Also, you would expect to get more production via the additional salary freed up by rostering him..may or may not work out in any given week, but generally you would expect it to.

I have a large one.

• pick6er

Can someone throw me some insight on David Johnson? Dude is the definition of “Work Horse” nobody in the NFL carries his skill set other than Leveon Bell? Any thoughts on how he fairs against NE? I’m guessing 150 all purpose with 5-8 catches + a score. Any thoughts? We’ve seen he has an incredible ceiling but at 8,800 it feels like too much.

• zpa1989

@pick6er said...

Can someone throw me some insight on David Johnson? Dude is the definition of “Work Horse” nobody in the NFL carries his skill set other than Leveon Bell? Any thoughts on how he fairs against NE? I’m guessing 150 all purpose with 5-8 catches + a score. Any thoughts? We’ve seen he has an incredible ceiling but at 8,800 it feels like too much

i agree, crazy upside. see eagles game last year. bell type skill set. could be the best fantasy back this year. with the value out there, i actually worked him into a few lineups with the arizona d stacked with him. i think he will go underowned. game script will deff be in his favor i think. he is very expensive. but at 8800, i think id rather play him than a.brown at 9300 if your going to pay up somewhere, especially since brown will be so high owned. its a way to be different.

• APtreatment

I wouldn’t wouldn’t go too heavy against Vikings defense. Vikings game plan is going to limit Titans time on offense with AP more than likely running the ball 30 times. Maybe I’m biased with my fair share of Michael/AP stacks. I really like that call on Landry but I feel like other options are great in his range. Stills and Seahawks D. Scares me but definitely could be great with low ownership. I’m really struggling with tight end. I like Dwayne Allen and Jared Cook. Potential for 4-7 targets each with TD upside. But then Martellus Bennet comes into the mix and I want to pay up a little for him now. I’m not high on garopollo at all. I feel like tight end could be a huge deciding factor this weekend. Thoughts?

• TheRyanFlaherty

I forgot how bad picking a Kicker sucks.
    Ironic that what I’m sitting here stumped on and spending the most time with is which 4.5k kicker is going to score the most points.

• pick6er

I completely agree and did the same thing! Therefore just plug in Matt Bryant and thank me later, I analyzed everything already lol! Dome, tendencies and gameflow all show for Bryant to perform well. Plus tampa was top 10 in FG attempts allowed per game.

• zpa1989

@APtreatment said...

like Dwayne Allen and Jared Cook. Potential for 4-7 targets each with TD upside. But then Martellus Bennet comes into the mix and I want to pay up a little for him now. I’m not high on garopollo at all. I feel like tight end could be a huge deciding factor this weekend. Thoughts?

im struggling with tight end too. my gut says eat the chalk with reed since his matchup is great and upside is huge but i actually like cook. has the speed to stretch the field and get bigger plays, allen doesn’t give you that. your basically hoping for a short red zone TD with allen. rarely will give you more than 50 yards and a TD. so i give cook a slight advantage. bennett i like but i don’t trust jimmy. plus i think his ownership will be inflated with gronk being out.

im struggling with crabtree, lockett, or moncrief on FD all same price range still can’t figure out who is the best play. all in great spots.

• thefantasykidny

I’m going Aguayo. He better put up big numbers for a 2nd round pick. Should be decently high scoring game too.

• thefantasykidny

Ware or Michael? or both?

• APtreatment

On fanduel I’m paying up for reed at TE that is the way to go. Not on DK. I have to stick with JCook. Staying away from Seattle offense other than Russell Wilson and Christine Michael. I love Aiken especially with Steve smith active he will be a decoy more than anything feeding Aiken targets. Lockett fade. Not enough potential not seeing that game with Russell throwing the ball more than 25 times even. Maybe I’m wrong but I’m not gambling on a Seattle receiver with how much he spreads the ball out and other wr options I like way more. Moncrief and Crabtree I have my share of. Snead Djack and decker I like better than Lockett.

• zpa1989

^

i think if anything, miami would be better at stopping the run with suh in there right? i think seattle will pass more than you think. miami has terrible corners and lockett is a speedster that can break long TD’s. i think him or baldwin are solid GPP plays. both have good upside

decker low upside for me hardly ever does more than 20, can’t take it to the house from distance either. on FD, baldwin, hilton and djax better plays in that range.

crabtree and moncrief i like, both will be a little chalky but i think i like locket as much as them in that range. im still kind of torn.

• APtreatment

I just don’t like taking a chance on Seattle receivers this game. Yeah Russell could have a rare game where he throws over 30 + passes. Not this time. So I look at receivers like decker, Aiken, Snead, hurns. (Just listing a few lower priced receivers I’m interested in). Because the QB throwing them the ball have a majority of games with 35-40+ passes. Maximizing potential. Especially on DK full point for reception. Somebody talk me off these receivers if I’m wrong.

• zpa1989

ingram/miller or d. johnson mathews, if you had to pick for gpp on FD. probably the later will have lower ownership no?

• WestCrook1

To fade Dak in cash or not?

• gillio

100% Michael and Ware

• zpa1989

@gillio said...

100% Michael and Ware

have a few of those stacks on FD. chalk or not, can really stack your WR’s with jordan reed and a solid qb in there.

• WestCrook1

Moncrief/L Miller/Cards D or Hopkins/C Michael/Sea D? DK cash

• BlackGambino

I love the suspense here. Like Fanduel, you can’t really see who is reading these post unless they post. I bet tens of thousands of DFS worldwide are scouring the net as I type this trying to get that edge.. Less than 24hrs before Kickoff someone will be new millionaire soon, a few thousands of dollars richer, and some sad soul going loose it all. I think the best advice is to fade the forums, chat, youtube, for line ups strategies.. Its cool to get information on who is hurt, injured, or get certain updates.. Sorry just can’t give advice to the competition.. I need that 20k more than you do… “We Play To Win The Game” – Herman Edwards

• Dfspacman

Any thoughts on woods of the bills?

• pantherfan40

white

• pantherfan40

white

• DAR207

Foster

• B_rock74

Think I may pay up for TE at FD for my 50/50 lineups as well. Which means I need to ditch one of my stud receivers and come down to mid level guy which is fine. Question for you all is how do you rank these 3 (or which two do I keep in my lineup) A.Brown, Julio, and D.Hopkins. Would love to play all 3 (yes with Dak) but is it not smart to do that and have a guy like McDonald in at TE in a cash lineup?

• jimmyd1507

@B_rock74 said...

Think I may pay up for TE at FD for my 50/50 lineups as well. Which means I need to ditch one of my stud receivers and come down to mid level guy which is fine. Question for you all is how do you rank these 3 (or which two do I keep in my lineup) A.Brown, Julio, and D.Hopkins. Would love to play all 3 (yes with Dak) but is it not smart to do that and have a guy like McDonald in at TE in a cash lineup?

I may be biased as a Texans fan but assuming the Texans don’t blow out the Bears, Hopkins is going to dominate.

They have absolutely nobody that can cover him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.