1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 4 ) at Houston ( -4 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 10.5 ) at Seattle ( -10.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Indianapolis ( -5 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : New England ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 12th
    7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 50
    10:20 PM EST : Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• noddy

Am I the only one not playing Dak in cash games? This is the NFL.

• noddy

@doctor_doom said...

Dak is way overrated. I have seen him play for 3 years. He’s a decent runner but struggles with the deep ball. 10-15 yard passes is what you can expect from him in a real game. A strong pass rush will hurt him. While getting blown out against Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl, a strong rush caused him to crap in his pants in the second quarter and he had to go out and shower and change.
    I don’t see how he could have improved so much in 8 months to change his skill set. I hope he is owned 70% plus. I will collect money by playing another QB.

Just went back and read this. I’m with you doctor. Show me the money!!!

• Thomas21

I think I’m going with Clive Walford and Zach Ertz at TE on DK.

• TheRealJosh5

@noddy said...

I’m not, I think you can find enough value at QB with safer floors than Dak.

• Thomas21

@noddy said...

No, you are not. There’s so much value at other positions that it doesn’t make sense to go so cheap at QB.

• Dfspacman

Well he is going for 5000 so I won’t expect much from him however I can see them selling some play action passes. Zeke and Dez Bryant will get all the attention. Beasley and Witten might be a good play Williams as well.

• Dfspacman

It seems like the Analytics guys are the top guys on dfs, it just hurts that it doesn’t boil down to your knowledge of the game and players. If I was the one benefiting from the algorithms and all, I surely won’t be complaining lol

• Dadeano860

That’s why week 1 is so fun. Pure stats guys only have last year’s stats to use. Knowledge and how players will be used in this year’s system carry more weight

• crazypaul

@noddy said...

There is so much value at WR (at least on DK) for week 1, that you really dont need to use Dak to save $$$. There are several WR’s under $6k that could produce 4x value this week. This would also set you apart from most people who will be spending up at WR this week.

• Dadeano860

Yes. Value at WR. But also top guys in nice spots. Julio at home. Antonio in high o/u with Bell out. ODB vs Dallas secondary. Fade away if you wish but in cash I’ll stick with these guys.

• mchin1027

Charles potentially out week 1 as well. Too much value now on this slate.

• bmann

No clue why people are so high on Dak. Could care less a/b his preseason numbers. G-Men will smell blood b/c it’s a rookie QB and they won’t want to get embarrassed by him. He’s an intriguing play but far from someone I’d rely on. Could see Cowboys trying to ride Zeke to victory, though admittedly the G-Men will try to force a shootout.

• Yacht67

@bmann said...

No clue why people are so high on Dak. Could care less a/b his preseason numbers. G-Men will smell blood b/c it’s a rookie QB and they won’t want to get embarrassed by him. He’s an intriguing play but far from someone I’d rely on. Could see Cowboys trying to ride Zeke to victory, though admittedly the G-Men will try to force a shootout.

I agree so much. Dak Dak is a 4th round pick, starting week 1 vs a division rival. If he is going to be the play on everyone’s radar, I am playing the giants Defense in all formats. I don’t see dak understanding the entire offense and being on cue with the 1st team offense opening day.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Yacht67 said...

I agree so much. Dak Dak is a 4th round pick, starting week 1 vs a division rival. If he is going to be the play on everyone’s radar, I am playing the giants Defense in all formats. I don’t see dak understanding the entire offense and being on cue with the 1st team offense opening day.

Did you guys watch him play in college and NFL so far? I totally disagree with this. He will be a stud.

• Yacht67

@slpanthers24 said...

Did you guys watch him play in college and NFL so far? I totally disagree with this. He will be a stud.

No, I totally agree with the fact that he can become a stud. But week 1 of his rookie year? No, not by week 1.

• thedkexperience

This Dak/Zeke nonsense needs to stop.

-They are ROOKIES in their first NFL game. – The Giants D is significantly more talented now than 1 year ago even if they have not jelled yet. – Dallas can have the best O-line in the universe but when that 6th rusher comes and your rookie read option QB cannot identify him, causing your rookie RB to block the wrong direction wackiness will ensue. – How many of you watch preseason and get fooled EVERY YEAR? It’s a mirage people! Eli and Odell didn’t forget how to play football. Zeke isn’t going to have enough carries while they are playing catch up, and Dak is looking at 3 turnovers easy. If there is anything resembling a must play here it’s the Giants D.

If the Cowboys switched logos with the Browns they would be getting predicted to go 3-13.

• Hoss_Man

@crazypaul said...

There is so much value at WR (at least on DK) for week 1, that you really dont need to use Dak to save $$$. There are several WR’s under $6k that could produce 4x value this week. This would also set you apart from most people who will be spending up at WR this week.

Agreed. I think there is some nice value at TE this week also. Allen – IND, James – PIT and Cooks – GB. So no need to go too cheap at QB with DAX, with so many other hi O/U games on the slate.

• jimmiegreens

How did Mariota do week 1 last year?

• Dome92

@jimmiegreens said...

209 Yards 4 TD’s vs Bucks

• thedkexperience

@jimmiegreens said...

Now go ahead and Google Winston’s week 1 stats for a more accurate representation of what a normal rookie QB’s week 1 looks like.

• thedkexperience

@jimmiegreens said...

Double Post

• Razzle11

@thedkexperience said...

Now go ahead and Google Winston’s week 1 stats for a more accurate representation of what a normal rookie QB’s week 1 looks like.

So you get to pick a rookie QB’s name and claim it as the baseline while somebody else can’t provide you with another name? Find that to be pretty interesting.

• thedkexperience

@Razzle11 said...

So you get to pick a rookie QB’s name and claim it as the baseline while somebody else can’t provide you with another name? Find that to be pretty interesting.

Point was that rookie QBs often turn the ball over early in the season. Yes, Mariotta played very well. No doubt.

Then again he was the second pick in the draft, not a 4th rounder.

• Razzle11

@thedkexperience said...

Point was that rookie QBs often turn the ball over early in the season. Yes, Mariotta played very well. No doubt.

Then again he was the second pick in the draft, not a 4th rounder.

each one is completely independent of the other. Some highly drafted rookies are thrust into week 1 without having played a ton of preseason football as they are the obvious #1 even as a rookie and teams are so careful. Prescott has gotten to play a decent amount with the Cowboys’ #1s already and has gotten even more practice time with them.

I do not believe he is going to light the world on fire opening weekend but at just $5K, he doesn’t have to do that.

• bignish

@thedkexperience said...

This Dak/Zeke nonsense needs to stop.

-They are ROOKIES in their first NFL game. – The Giants D is significantly more talented now than 1 year ago even if they have not jelled yet. – Dallas can have the best O-line in the universe but when that 6th rusher comes and your rookie read option QB cannot identify him, causing your rookie RB to block the wrong direction wackiness will ensue. – How many of you watch preseason and get fooled EVERY YEAR? It’s a mirage people! Eli and Odell didn’t forget how to play football. Zeke isn’t going to have enough carries while they are playing catch up, and Dak is looking at 3 turnovers easy. If there is anything resembling a must play here it’s the Giants D.

If the Cowboys switched logos with the Browns they would be getting predicted to go 3-13.

I“ll be ecstatic if Dak has 3 turnovers because that means he will have to throw the entire game playing catchup and will rack up garbage time points.

You have to remember that Dallas has literally NO ONE ELSE THEY CAN BENCH HIM FOR. Even if Dak throws 5 straight interceptions on his first 5 drives or something insane, Garrett still won’t bench him. He is 100% locked in for the game at all costs for the Cowboys.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.