1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -9.5 ) at Cleveland ( 9.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( -3.5 ) at LA Rams ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Green Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 50.5

Monday, September 11th
    7:10 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at Minnesota ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    10:20 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 4 ) at Denver ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@dbullsfan said...

lol, I’m liking DJ, McCoy, Howard, Gurley, Crowell, and Hyde at RB this week and don’t see myself using anyone else maybe I can be talked into a share or 2 of Powell

Admittedly I’m a swing for the fences guy in DFS so I’m just as likely to put together an 80 as a 180.

I love McCaffery this weekend at 6500 on FD. SF is gonna make him look like Thurman Thomas.

• Authentk

@CleverGroom said...

I like naked Matt Ryan quite a bit. In bed. On the field. Doesn’t matter.

Seriously, I think Matt Ryan is a fantastic play in any format, stacked or naked, and you guessed right! I think Mohamed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, and Austin Hooper are the best options after him. Oh and Falcons DST is great. Ryan > Falcons DST > Sanu > Gabriel > Hooper. That’s basically how I like them, speaking in format-neutral terms.

I’m skeptical of their success because Ryan is at best a top 5 QB in the NFL, but last year he was suddenly better than Brady. I’m skeptical because Kyle Shanahan is in San Francisco and they’d have me believe that they’re still going to run his offense, as coached and called by a guy who’s literally never called a regular season NFL game in his life (correct me if I’m wrong—he’d have to have been standing in temporarily).

In this game, I’m skeptical because even last year, they were never quite as potent on the road or outdoors. I’m skeptical because people are sleeping on how half the Bears defense could legitimately be in the Pro Bowl conversation a few months from now—I was glib about their CBs earlier, but make no mistake: Prince Amukamara can play, and he may not be in the top half dozen defenders on their roster. I’m skeptical because it’s Week 1, and the last meaningful NFL game anybody saw was Falcons at Patriots.

Yes, this game will be a walk-off Falcons victory. People are underestimating how much of that has to do with the Falcons defense and the Bears offense, instead of 2016’s fluke offense of the year. I don’t believe this offense is going to come back without missing a beat. They’ll be lucky to be 75% of what they were last year.

Maybe this is my big hot take for the year. I didn’t realize that till now.

As a Falcons fan I love this post.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

Is this a list of overpriced guys who won’t get value?

Just giving some options. I mean I’m not real high on any of the above besides Hyde but see them as viable pivots from Quizz. Besides maybe Lynch who is overpriced? I’m talking DK and don’t know FD pricing.

I will glady fade McCaffery all day. This isn’t college. Not saying he’s bad or anything but need to see him in a few “real” games first.

• winnerchickendinner

@hautalak said...

Just giving some options. I mean I’m not real high on any of the above besides Hyde but see them as viable pivots from Quizz. Besides maybe Lynch who is overpriced? I’m talking DK and don’t know FD pricing.

I will glady fade McCaffery all day. This isn’t college. Not saying he’s bad or anything but need to see him in a few “real” games first.

I just got done watching the top ten rookie debuts in the NFL. With his talent Christian McCaffery can definitely do something if given the touches.

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

I totally get that, and in many ways, you’re right. He obviously has not done anything.

Still, SF is awful against the run and even worse against RBs who catch the ball. If he goes nuts (plenty of rookie RBs have had random good games before) this will be his lowest price of all time.

The guys you mentioned, most of which I love in full season cause of the high floors, have some issue lowering their ceiling.

I’m a high ceiling guy with RBs personally.

• thedkexperience

@winnerchickendinner said...

I just got done watching the top ten rookie debuts in the NFL. With his talent Christian McCaffery can definitely do something if given the touches.

This

• hautalak

• x2

@thedkexperience said...

I totally get that, and in many ways, you’re right. He obviously has not done anything.

Still, SF is awful against the run and even worse against RBs who catch the ball. If he goes nuts (plenty of rookie RBs have had random good games before) this will be his lowest price of all time.

The guys you mentioned, most of which I love in full season cause of the high floors, have some issue lowering their ceiling.

I’m a high ceiling guy with RBs personally.

Well I’ll root for any white RB for sure! I think I could be talked into him but am taking the wait and see approach for now. That discount will be real if he does as well as expected.

I’m worried about SF from some reason because they seem to always come out for the home opener. No stats just remembering from last year but that was against the Rams I believe.

I get floor/ceiling but it never seems to work out right for me when I “utilize” it. Guys have historically bad games when I try lol Like I’m expecting 12-15 at least and get like 5-8. Bad example but my point stands.

• dbullsfan

@thedkexperience said...

Admittedly I’m a swing for the fences guy in DFS so I’m just as likely to put together an 80 as a 180.

I love McCaffery this weekend at 6500 on FD. SF is gonna make him look like Thurman Thomas.

he does have a little narrative as well as Stanford is just a short drive away from San Francisco so im sure he will have a lot of friends in addition to family for his first game.

• NYSea

@CleverGroom said...

I think it’s way too early in the year to move on Henry. Murray’s the guy until I’m shown otherwise. It makes complete sense to me that they would have given Henry more and more work late last season, then revert to Murray now that he’s rested. The same thing will happen again this year. It’s the circle of life.

This. With TEN, they’re gonna run Demarco into the ground for 10 weeks and then ease off the pedal and work Henry in more… It’s clockwork. Rinse/Repeat.

• thedkexperience

@dbullsfan said...

he does have a little narrative as well as Stanford is just a short drive away from San Francisco so im sure he will have a lot of friends in addition to family for his first game.

I honestly never even considered that. Good call.

• GilbertTheCat

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of NFL team defenses and how the rank vs. PASS CATCHING RB’s? Maybe a link where they are all ranked according to 2016 stats?

CleverGroom and everyone – thank you for your input on my last question!

• mellofellowsu

News sources are expecting a decision on the MIA/TB game today. Good, makes no sense to delay it any further.

• winnerchickendinner

@hautalak said...

Well I’ll root for any white RB for sure! I think I could be talked into him but am taking the wait and see approach for now. That discount will be real if he does as well as expected.

I’m worried about SF from some reason because they seem to always come out for the home opener. No stats just remembering from last year but that was against the Rams I believe.

I get floor/ceiling but it never seems to work out right for me when I “utilize” it. Guys have historically bad games when I try lol Like I’m expecting 12-15 at least and get like 5-8. Bad example but my point stands.

Or you could just root for christian mccaffery the human.

• NYSea

@GilbertTheCat said...

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of NFL team defenses and how the rank vs. PASS CATCHING RB’s? Maybe a link where they are all ranked according to 2016 stats?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2016

Scroll down to Defenses vs. Types of Receivers

• moped_jones

@noddy said...

Haha I’m not any good so no

Doesn’t look like he is either. But at least you linked your results.

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

- For what it’s worth I am definitely NOT a “hey it’s a white running back!” guy. Anyone reading can safely know that THAT had nothing to do with why I like him this week. The only color that matters is green! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

- SF has played well the last 2 week ones. I’m discounting that as random since their is a different coaching staff. I mean, if I decided that I had to play the Eagles D in week 9 because they scored a pick 6 in each of the last two week 9s it would be silly, right? (The Eagles “stat” is made up for an example.) – I look for touches and explosion when not paying up at RB. If CM only gets 7 touches I’ll feel stupid but I highly doubt he gets less than 15. If he gets those 15 without a TD or a chunk play (or both at once) I’d be surprised. Meanwhile, a guy like Lamar Miller, sure he’ll get his 18 for 71 yards. Maybe he’ll score his once a month TD. But what’s the likelihood that he can take one 50+? Meanwhile someone like Darren Sproles can take it to the house at any time but he may only get 3 touches in any given game.

• thedkexperience

@GilbertTheCat said...

In the JMtoWin weekly article.

• JTL33

Who do you guys like the most from the 4.2k and under WRs on DK?

• moped_jones

I’ve been pumping quarters and dimes into DK ever since they opened up the NFL contests.

Can’t wait to get drunk, eat pizza, watch football, and hopefully win some decent $$$ this Sunday.

I feel like I have every viable combination under the sun, but I’m sure I’m missing millions. Hope we get word on the TB/MIA game. Hope they play at a neutral site. I would hate for a team to lose their bye week + have to play a stupid game in London. This isn’t baseball. You get your brains beaten (LITERALLY!). Players need that week off.

I really like my Carr stacks, Mariota stacks, and OAK/DEN combo stacks. Liked Winston a lot too, but obviously not if the game is canceled, lol.

• JustDFSin

@hautalak said...

Does it matter that he is a white rb? How about root for him because he is a good football player

• MattyK1981

@hautalak said...

Well I’ll root for any white RB for sure!

Are you for real?

• Playtaw1n

Rishard Matthews is the nuts at 4200. Wright at 3200 is obv but I would’ve felt better with trubisky at qb than glennon. I think Paul Richardson has value as well at 3700.

• thedkexperience

@JTL33 said...

I just looked. I can’t trust any WR below Kenny Britt at 4800. Good luck!

• moped_jones

@JTL33 said...

Marvin Jones Jr. ($4100)
    Kevin White (is now the Bears #1 WR, which isn’t saying much but he’s $4200)
    Mohamed Sanu ($4200)
    Rishard Matthews (should be top WR for TEN, $4200)
    Kenny Stills ($3800….if the games not PPD)
    Kendall Wright ($3300, bears slot WR. They are really thin at WR & someone has to catch passes)
    Brandon LaFell ($3700, put up good numbers on a better team last year and is cheap. I’ll need to research this one though as I don’t know much about the Bengals).

I think Sanu, Jones, and Matthews are by far best/safest “punt” plays though. I put punt in parenthesis b/c I don’t know why they are so cheap.

• hautalak

• x2

@thedkexperience said...

- For what it’s worth I am definitely NOT a “hey it’s a white running back!” guy. Anyone reading can safely know that THAT had nothing to do with why I like him this week. The only color that matters is green! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

- SF has played well the last 2 week ones. I’m discounting that as random since their is a different coaching staff. I mean, if I decided that I had to play the Eagles D in week 9 because they scored a pick 6 in each of the last two week 9s it would be silly, right? (The Eagles “stat” is made up for an example.) – I look for touches and explosion when not paying up at RB. If CM only gets 7 touches I’ll feel stupid but I highly doubt he gets less than 15. If he gets those 15 without a TD or a chunk play (or both at once) I’d be surprised. Meanwhile, a guy like Lamar Miller, sure he’ll get his 18 for 71 yards. Maybe he’ll score his once a month TD. But what’s the likelihood that he can take one 50+? Meanwhile someone like Darren Sproles can take it to the house at any time but he may only get 3 touches in any given game.

Don’t really mean anything by the “white runnning back thing” it’s just they are few and far between so they’re easy to root for. Obviously a team is going to play the best available regardless. For what it’s woth I can’t stand Danny Woodhead but respect him. I see McCaffery being similar to him but a lot better. He should be able to run between the tackles. I know some of that will fall to Stewart but he’ll get his carries too.

Like I said SF is more one of those “feeling” things that shouldn’t be applied to DFS but I don’t listen haha I also don’t know what to expect from Carolina this year.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).