1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -9.5 ) at Cleveland ( 9.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( -3.5 ) at LA Rams ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Green Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 50.5

Monday, September 11th
    7:10 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at Minnesota ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    10:20 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 4 ) at Denver ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dbullsfan

@sox9 said...

Ertz ain’t gonna win you a GPP. Jimmy Graham just might.

Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye give Jaxsonville a sneaky really good CB duo, add in CJ Fiedoriwhatever got a brand new shiny contract this off-season. Give me all the CJF I can handle just under Ertz’s price in GPP’s.

• clrockny24

and if someone mentions a guy is a bad play, he might have a good game. I don’t think anyone liked amendola last night, but he had a good game.

• dbullsfan

@mataug21 said...

You don’t have to differentiate at every position to win a GPP. You can still have shares of DJ, Bell, Ertz, Rams D and win a GPP, especially if one of them blows up like Hunt did. Now of course you want to differentiate as much as possible if you want to win the million, but it doesn’t make sense to play a lineup of scrubs just because they are all going to be under 10% owned. Just my two cents.

• dbullsfan

@clrockny24 said...

and if someone mentions a guy I a bad play, he might have a good game. I don’t think anyone liked amendola last night, but he had a good game.

I was shocked last night with Amendola’s ownership last night, I thought he was WR wise the clear cut next guy up to replace Edelman. I had him in both of my Thursday lineups and expected him to be at least 15%

• Simplebitz

Someone please talk me off Sammie Coates. He’s jumping off right now. A sneaky revenge play or a dumb dart?

• sox9

@dbullsfan said...

I was shocked last night with Amendola’s ownership last night, I thought he was WR wise the clear cut next guy up to replace Edelman. I had him in both of my Thursday lineups and expected him to be at least 15%

I scour threads looking for phrases like: “that guy is a dart throw”, he’s a “boom/bust” kind of player”, “he’s gonna be on a snap count”, “we are gonna ease him in”, “we have a few special packages for him”.

• sox9

My favorite one though is “he’s a boom or bust kind of player” That’s the one I want in a LU or two, maybe more.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Well that was an opener making people even more excited for the season and week 1. I like that the Pats lost but like some have said, they aren’t going anywhere. What to think of KC? I think I’ll have to see the AFC West play out but they should be close to the top. I’m fading Hunt next week though that’s for sure. Still could put monster numbers but don’t want to chase. And it’s nothing new but 3 of the 4 Thurs lineups I built have a RB in the flex slot. Is this going to be the year of the RB? Maybe I’m reading into things too much but RBs FTW!

• sox9

Marshall will boom or bust. Maclin will boom or bust, and so on. Even Sanu is a bit chalky for my taste when Marshall and Maclin are only $800 more.

• sox9

Like Flacco could be 225 yards 1TD and 3INTs, or he could “pull an Alex Smith. Rather play a guy like that than Brady in GPP.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

Was Peters on Hogan the majority of the night?

I guess I have to address this, so I’ll give my take on Hogan and this game one time and one time only.

No, Hogan did not match up against Peters most of the night. Not unless Andy Reid had him traveling, which he never does, and I completely missed it. Peters lines up on the left of the defense and that’s where I was seeing him. He doesn’t travel into the slot or to RCB.

Routes were as follows, per Barrett:

Cooks: 39 routes, 21% slot
    Hogan: 39 routes, 64% slot
    Amendola: 15 routes, 73% slot
    Dorsett: 15 routes, 20% slot

At the half, Hogan led WR snaps with 37 out of a possible 42. Cooks 32, Amendola 21, Dorsett 0. I don’t know after that, because Mike Reiss was probably too busy fending off the Massholes rushing the exits to keep track. Stay safe, buddy.

Hogan had 5 targets and 3 rushing attempts.

Brady’s average depth of target was 16.1 yards. His previous high over the past decade was 13.6 yards. At 44.44%, his completion rate ranked 267th out of 272 career regular and postseason games. This is the first game since 2013 in which he completed less than 50% of his passes—he completed 60.87% of his passes in the last KC bloodbath where he was benched for Jimmy G. His career average is 63.68% in the regular season. His 2016 average was 67.36% in the regular season.

If you had told me that I could get Chris Hogan leading WR snaps, leading WR routes, playing mostly out of the slot, with 8 opportunities, in a competitive game, with injuries to KC defensive stalwarts, with Tom Brady airing it out and stretching the field, at $4,800 on DK, I would have said “Exactly. How do you fade that guy?” I stand by that 100% and feel nothing but vindication. It’s a loss I’d happily take again.

Records of some import were set in this game, including the most all-purpose yards for an NFL player’s debut performance, and the most points ever scored against Belichick’s Patriots in 18 years as their coach. They’ve only given up 40+ points five times in 307 career regular and postseason games under Belichick. Tom Brady entered this game 105-0 when entering the 4th quarter with a lead at home. He is now 105-1. Alex Smith threw as many 75+ TDs as he threw in 2015 and 2016 combined.

All we’re going to hear for the next couple days is autistic screeching about fantasy tilts, about how the Pats are #bad, and about how it’s #TentTime for TB12, but the truth is that this was a freak occurrence. You know what happened the last time that Tom Brady lost a season opener? He won the Super Bowl. That’s also what happened the time before that. And the time before that. They are literally 3-0 in the Super Bowl after losing a season opener, during Brady’s career as a starter.

The Patriots are fine. Tom Brady is fine. This whole thing was simply an accident. All it will do is make them angry.

This was a historic game. The fact that Chris Hogan did not finish with a decent fantasy score was one of the least unlikely things that happened on a night of unlikely things, and you should reconsider playing DFS if you can’t cope with that and appreciate the beauty of the spectacle. Hell, I enjoyed that crazy game almost as much as the 6-6 SEA at ARI tie last year. Bring on the rest of the season, baby.

• sox9

and never plug a guy just because “he is cheap”, or “fits in my LU”, or feel like you need yo use all the money alllowed to build a roster

• dbullsfan

@sox9 said...

Like Flacco could be 225 yards 1TD and 3INTs, or he could “pull an Alex Smith. Rather play a guy like that than Brady in GPP.

this is Andy Dalton for me this week

• sox9

nobody should want to play “a scrub”, but a boom or bust kind of guy w/a penchant for going off in a game— I like them

• gaspoopy

How does one bulk edit on FD? I have 300 Thursday GPP rosters on one dummy (faded thursday) that I planned to update before Sunday games.

• sox9

@dbullsfan said...

you are making me nervous, that is the second time i have seen Andy Dalton mentioned in a week. I fear he is getting too chalky. JK, nice idea.

• hautalak

• x2

@dbullsfan said...

Ready for that! Loading up him and AJ.

• sox9

With all the posts and controversy over whether to play Hoyer or Hyde, whether McCaffrey is gonna be too highly owned, play them or don’t play them—I perk up when a guy mentions Dalton out of the feakin blue!

• sox9

now shhhh!

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Jeddy3 said...

Gun to you head: Robby Anderson or JJ Nelson?

Just pull the trigger instead? haha

• Logan7777

@hautalak said...

Ready for that! Loading up him and AJ.

Ditto.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Man, this is setting up for me to spend way more money than I had intended (or am generally comfortable with) because there could be insane overlay.

I know some of those contests (specifically the $3 DK’s) aren’t expected to fill and serve as loss leaders…and there can be a rush the next few days, but where things stand at the moment can not bode well for these sites…
    Especially with some of the smaller sites offering bigger contests. I don’t see where the entries come from, and I can’t imagine they are in position to be throwing away that kind of money.

I’ll be interested to see how things shake up the next few days. Not just to see where I should invest some money, but to see the overall health of DFS as a whole.

• NYSea

@sox9 said...

nobody should want to play “a scrub”, but a boom or bust kind of guy w/a penchant for going off in a game— I like them

These types of statements you constantly say make no sense… 1) Who talks about playing “scrubs”? 2) Define a scrub. 3) If a guy is boom or bust with a penchant for going off, isn’t he just boom?

You just flood the thread with this nonsensical stream of consciousness and it’s irritating.

• Syzltuth

Talks that Eric berry on the chiefs tore his Achilles, could be season ending. Could be a hit to their d in future weeks

• hautalak

• x2

So who played Fantasydraft last year? I hadn’t looked at their prices until now and see some QBs to take advantage of. Then there are some high prices at RB and WR. Usually they are considered “best” when it comes to pricing. How do people feel about their NFL product? I’ll be playing there just curious now after seeing their salaries.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).