1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -9.5 ) at Cleveland ( 9.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( -3.5 ) at LA Rams ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Green Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 50.5

Monday, September 11th
    7:10 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at Minnesota ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    10:20 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 4 ) at Denver ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• deactivated204643

I’m in AZ for the weekend. If anyone is ever in Phoenix looking for great southwestern food go to Richardson’s on 16th street and order the carne adovada. F*cking outstanding!

FTR, I can change lu on DK and FD that I entered before leaving my legal home state but I can’t make any new entries. Thanks Avivier.

• noddy

@BIF said...

See…..I’m not going crazy, this was your post on Sept 5th page 39 – you got multiple responses.

Bif. I’m an old man who had a shitty week. Had to put family pet down among other things. Thanks to those that were nice enough to answer (again).

• deactivated204643

@noddy said...

Bif. I’m an old man who had a shitty week. Had to put family pet down among other things. Thanks to those that were nice enough to answer (again).

Sorry to hear that noddy. Glad to see you’re transitioning from golf to NFL. My sympathies for your current troubles and I hope they fade soon.

• deactivated204643

@Fonz87 said...

CORN ON THE COBB

CORN ON THE COBB INDEED

• Kamais_Ookin

DK’s $3 entry Monday-only slate is 250k 1st place compared to Sunday slate’s $3 entry 200k 1st place. Lol?

• CleverGroom

@bluebroker said...

So many crazy posts I won’t quote anyone. CG, who broke you? Comparing Decker to Nelson is your worst take ever. There’s no doubt AA Ron makes all his receivers better but to throw out Decker and try to draw an equivalencey is too much. Nelson is probably the most consistent WR in dfs. You can set a clock by the man. If at some point Decker plays with Rodgers we’ll talk. In season long fantasy no one holds a candle to Jordy in terms of week in week out production. I like Decker but spare me the comparisons.

I see few ways for Seattle to compete against GB this week. Wilson is inferior to Rodgers and he hasn’t proven he can play at Lambeau. I don’t see this ending well for Russell. I like Monty and I agree with those who’ve mentioned Cobb.

If Nelson’s so much better than Decker, why are Decker’s stats so much better when he’s got a comparable QB? Jordy averages 13.37 PPR FP with Rodgers, Decker averaged 17.23 with Manning. Do you think late-era Manning was that much better than Rodgers?

Please help me out. I’m honestly confused here. I hadn’t really considered Decker seriously, partly because I just don’t think of him as some kind of elite player. I think I’m biased against him. I know Nelson is a great player, so when I look at his stats compared with Decker’s, I have to wonder if I’m wrong about Decker.

I don’t think Wilson is a high percentage play. I certainly wouldn’t play him in cash. I do think that his brief history against the Packers is complex, however, and potentially very misleading. We shall see.

• traviswhite

I just realized hoyer is a decent qb and is getting the same system that Kirk cousins shined in. Your welcome

• deactivated204643

Regarding Jordy vs Decker, I was talking season or career long, not this week. If I were to lean towards either this week I’m likely to use both but neither will be core player for me. Overall, Decker is an accomplished WR but Jordy is a master. His body control and sideline mastery is second to none in the NFL. Decker has been a long time favorite of mine but he isn’t Jordy Nelson and it isn’t that close.

I pay close attention to metrics, they’re vital, but I don’t run my own spreadsheets, I want to make that clear. I watch a lot of film, I read beat writers, I read everything I can about everyone I can. Ultimately I rely on my own intuition. The GB/Seattle comes down to this for me, why would I trust Wilson now?

You’re a great asset to this forum, CG. I never mean any disrespect.

• Dfspacman

Tavon Austin is in a goodbye spot, I don’t know how much usage he will get tho.
    No one is talking about the Jags defence, they are a lot better than last year, Ravens too.
    I can see the Cardinals struggling on D

• Kloozy

@yisman said...

I’m watching the Thursday night show on RG live

they heavily touted Brady as the top QB play and said Hogan was going to crush because KC’s slot corner is awful

recommended Lewis and Burkhead over Gilleslee

They also said definitely avoid Hunt.

I watched this on friday too! Borderline hilarious listening their confident picks, that we already know are garbage. Def made me laugh. Hindsight being 20/20. Might be fun to keep a running rally of these podcast picks, just to see

• CleverGroom

@Kloozy said...

I watched this on friday too! Borderline hilarious listening their confident picks, that we already know are garbage. Def made me laugh. Hindsight being 20/20. Might be fun to keep a running rally of these podcast picks, just to see

This is an incorrect response. Process over results every single time. Otherwise, go play slots instead.

• ASitar

I live in Fort Myers FL and left for Atlanta Thursday morning so I’m glad that I’ll be able to adjust LUs but not sure of what I’ll be coming back home to. Irma is now supposed to hit Fort Myers direct at a 5. On to Sunday, if you want to win the Milly Maker (or come close) you HAVE to be contrarian in a couple of spots even if it feels uncimfortable. Below are some players that led their team in preseason snaps, which indicates how comfortable the QBs are with these guys right now.

Pierre Garçon – 28% of preseason targets
    Zach Ertz – 21%
    Marvin Jones – 37%
    Jack Doyle – 24%
    Tedd Ginn – 27%
    Steeling Shepard – 32%
    Mohammad Sanu – 37%

GL Sunday

• tdubjenkins

He has 4.4 speed

• Kloozy

@CleverGroom said...

This is an incorrect response. Process over results every single time. Otherwise, go play slots instead.

I don’t disagree, but more for my own entertainment, I think it’d be interesting to track these “experts” for a season. See if their process spits out quality picks more often than not. I didn’t track it last year, but my shotty memory, recalls more duds vs studs. I mainly listen to the podcasts for game script and possible narratives, that I am not aware of. I don’t have much time for research, and am merely a casual player. Would be helpful to me to know if certain “experts” are more on the money than others. If for no other reason to entertain myself.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@CleverGroom said...

If Nelson’s so much better than Decker, why are Decker’s stats so much better when he’s got a comparable QB? Jordy averages 13.37 PPR FP with Rodgers, Decker averaged 17.23 with Manning. Do you think late-era Manning was that much better than Rodgers?

Please help me out. I’m honestly confused here. I hadn’t really considered Decker seriously, partly because I just don’t think of him as some kind of elite player. I think I’m biased against him. I know Nelson is a great player, so when I look at his stats compared with Decker’s, I have to wonder if I’m wrong about Decker.

I don’t think Wilson is a high percentage play. I certainly wouldn’t play him in cash. I do think that his brief history against the Packers is complex, however, and potentially very misleading. We shall see.

One of the thing that skews Decker’s numbers is # of opportunities. I love Decker but…

• BIF

@mathewsmarner said...

someone will win the dk billion dollars because of hurricane irma, you heard it here first

Nobody will win it as the odds are still 87 gazillion to 1 – in fact I’ll go further and say that there is nobody left standing with nuts after just the early games. We certainly won’t have to follow a billion dollar sweat going into the night game.

• CleverGroom

@thehazyone said...

One of the thing that skews Decker’s numbers is # of opportunities. I love Decker but…

Okay, that’s a response to why Decker’s fantasy production has been better than Nelson’s when we give them both competent QBs. Decker’s been in the RZ more than Jordy, relative to the number of games/snaps/routes/targets they each have. Good point.

It does nothing to take away from the fact that Decker converts RZ opportunities into TDs at a higher rate than Nelson. You send each of them into the RZ 100 times, Decker and whichever QB happens to be throwing to him come away with more TDs than Nelson+Rodgers. Sup with that? If it’s even close, that should be a plus for Decker at 2/3rds the price, but he’s actually been better? Sup with that?

• BIF

@AVivier said...

I don’t think Pryor is that good at football. BIF posted a crazy stat that he had 140 targets and only 77 catches. He doesn’t have top speed where he could break a couple big ones and get lucky with. He’s also going to be heavily owned. I have a strong 0%, I’d rather even someone like Watkins in his price range with a good ceiling and low ownership.

Basically same sentiment on Britt. The team could have like ~200 yards passing and 0-2 passing TDs as a whole, what kind of ceiling is there to him?

Agree and back to Pryor, I think he’ll be a possession WR in Wash much like Garçon was and that is not who you want to target against the Eagles – I think if you are going to target a Wash pass catcher I want Crowder or Reed. Both should be lower owned than Pryor as well.

• CleverGroom

Incidentally, this whole line of argument on Decker vs. Nelson applies to Cobb too. He’s got a smaller sample size than Decker or Nelson, but he’s converted RZ tries into TDs slightly more often than Nelson (30.8% over 30.3%). Makes him a solid value if you believe that’s more trend than trap, and you can catch him on the upswing after a couple bad seasons.

Adams has a sample size that’s still smaller, but has converted RZ targets to TDs at just a 23.8% rate. That’s part of the reason why I view his 2016 season as more of a fluke and situational thing than a referendum on his skill over Nelson or Cobb.

• BIF

@noddy said...

Sorry bud I went through the same thing twice a couple years ago and probably am looking that again in another 3-5 years.

• thedkexperience

@BIF said...

Nobody will win it as the odds are still 87 gazillion to 1 – in fact I’ll go further and say that there is nobody left standing with nuts after just the early games. We certainly won’t have to follow a billion dollar sweat going into the night game.

Maybe you won’t have to …

• fenway2015

anyone like carlos hyde as a cheap RB2 option?

• MattyK1981

I really like my Rodgers / Cobb stack as a pivot from a lot of other highly-owned stacks for the DK Sunday milly, however I am nervous about having L Miller / Hou DST since the Jax DST is formidable. I love the Hou DST but perhaps I’m getting ambitious pairing them with Miller when I consider who his QB is.

• winnerchickendinner

Interesting that Cincinnati and Baltimore were both top 10 in pace of play last year.

• CleverGroom

Some other data points on RZ targets to TD conversion rate.

Jerry Rice: 25.7%
    Randy Moss: 26.8%
    A.J. Green: 28.1%
    Larry Fitzgerald: 28.6%
    Terrell Owens: 31.3%
    Marvin Harrison: 32.3%
    Chris Carter: 35.5%
    Eric Decker: 35.6%

The top six WR record holders for most receiving TDs all time are on that list. Decker’s ahead of all of them in RZ scoring efficiency.

To be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, I am not arguing that Eric Decker is a better player than any of those guys, or even Jordy Nelson, because I’m not stupid as fuck.

What I want to know is why is Decker better at catching RZ TDs than these guys, when most of his career he’s been playing with the likes of Tebow and Fitzmagic? We’re dealing with a pretty big sample here, in terms of football stats. Maybe he’ll regress towards the end of his career, and maybe that dragged down the stats of guys like Rice and Moss, but Decker’s still four years younger than Fitz, cheaper than Fitz, arguably has a better matchup than Fitz, will definitely have lower ownership than Fitz, and has been better at catching RZ TDs than Fitz up till now.

I find that interesting. Maybe I’m the only one.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).