1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -9.5 ) at Cleveland ( 9.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( -3.5 ) at LA Rams ( 3.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Green Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 50.5
    4:25 PM EST : Carolina ( -4 ) at San Francisco ( 4 ) —- T: 49
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 50.5

Monday, September 11th
    7:10 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at Minnesota ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48.5
    10:20 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 4 ) at Denver ( -4 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• infantryboys

@dawgnoah said...

I started playing DFS last year and I feel like I’m just now starting to understand/appreciate crunching numbers and doing the research.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to see advanced stats that would helpful from week to week? Last season I started keeping some of my own stuff in a spread sheet but I’m sure there are better options available I’m just not familiar with many.

Any help appreciated!

The sites CG mentioned are good. I also like Football Outsiders as well.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

Savory matchups for both. Hard to differentiate one over the other (same price on FD).

Heck yeah, why not both? We’ll call them early season Fitz and Slim Benjamin

Man, don’t think I haven’t been lusting after Fitz and Slim Benjamin. Don’t think that for moment. Just so hard when I’ve got this luxurious FLEX spot over here on DK, and Terminator-esque deathbot Todd Gurley II is a -4 home favorite against the Colts.

• Luctyl99

Really having the hardest time deciding between Benjamin and Martavis

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

Man, don’t think I haven’t been lusting after Fitz and Slim Benjamin. Don’t think that for moment. Just so hard when I’ve got this luxurious FLEX spot over here on DK, and Terminator-esque deathbot Todd Gurley II is a -4 home favorite against the Colts.

I’d lean the same way if I was on DK. I’ll take the RB over the WR everytime.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@dawgnoah said...

I started playing DFS last year and I feel like I’m just now starting to understand/appreciate crunching numbers and doing the research.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to see advanced stats that would helpful from week to week? Last season I started keeping some of my own stuff in a spread sheet but I’m sure there are better options available I’m just not familiar with many.

Any help appreciated!

https://rotogrinders.com/lineuphq

If you have Premium, it literally has every advanced stat (including WR/CB) matchup you could ever want on one page. The thing is amazing and I’m not just saying that as an RG employee. I’d use it even if I wasn’t.

• Dadeano860

@Luctyl99 said...

Really having the hardest time deciding between Benjamin and Martavis

That one is pretty clear cut for me- Benjamin cash, Martavis GPP

• Luctyl99

@Dadeano860 said...

That one is pretty clear cut for me- Benjamin cash, Martavis GPP

Thank you

• Liquidice944

Couple thoughts and questions Groom, DK GPP.
    1. It’s tough to not love Martavis Bryant at 6k but It’s starting to seem like he will have a high ownership. With the expensive RB’S could it be Antonio Brown with the upside and lower ownership?
    2. I feel the need for exposure to the cardinals and lions high total. Outside of DJ, I want to lock and load John Brown for 4800 and not care who covers him. If he is healthy he will get open. On the flip side I am only considering Marvin Jones for 4100. Low price, lower ownership, looked good in preaseason. He will get his shots, especially if Lions play from behind.

• Dadeano860

@Liquidice944 said...

On the flip side I am only considering Marvin Jones for 4100. Low price, lower ownership, looked good in preaseason. He will get his shots, especially if Lions play from behind.

If Pat Pete does indeed shadow Tate, Marvin Jones could be the million dollar ticket 2 years in a row week 1. I don’t put much weight in anything preseason, but that stat in the forum that Jones got 30%+ of Staffords targets gave pause.

• Syzltuth

Huh, listening to Boston sports radio and they’re doing a fantasy football hour. Curious to see who these guys talk up. Probably all the chaulk.

• Dfspacman

Dez Bryant might go off, or Zeke

• DailyLoser

Aaron Donald ends holdout. He’s playing on Sunday. Makes the Rams defense that much more playable.

• Dadeano860

@Dfspacman said...

Dez Bryant might go off, or Zeke

Yeah, but vs a top 5 defense that includes Snacks and Jackrabbit, I wouldn’t go there. That Giants defense is legit.

• Luctyl99

@DailyLoser said...

Aaron Donald ends holdout. He’s playing on Sunday. Makes the Rams defense that much more playable.

He isn’t playing this week

• River2009

@DailyLoser said...

i’m seeing that he isn’t going to play

• zline34

@Dadeano860 said...

If Pat Pete does indeed shadow Tate, Marvin Jones could be the million dollar ticket 2 years in a row week 1. I don’t put much weight in anything preseason, but that stat in the forum that Jones got 30%+ of Staffords targets gave pause.

Week 2

• winnerchickendinner

When looking for all these low flier plays at wide receiver I still put a premium on projected targets and the efficiency of the quarterback.

• Dfspacman

Anyone considering Tavon Austin?

• CleverGroom

@Liquidice944 said...

Couple thoughts and questions Groom, DK GPP.
    1. It’s tough to not love Martavis Bryant at 6k but It’s starting to seem like he will have a high ownership. With the expensive RB’S could it be Antonio Brown with the upside and lower ownership?
    2. I feel the need for exposure to the cardinals and lions high total. Outside of DJ, I want to lock and load John Brown for 4800 and not care who covers him. If he is healthy he will get open. On the flip side I am only considering Marvin Jones for 4100. Low price, lower ownership, looked good in preaseason. He will get his shots, especially if Lions play from behind.

1. If you click on the names, you’ll see AB’s still projected for 15% ownership over Martavis’s 10% on DK. That’s clear-cut a buy on Martavis and sell on AB if I’m going by salary, ownership, and ceiling.

2. Honestly, I think ARI at DET is one of the games likeliest to go under. I wouldn’t buy in just because of the line. I like Smoke more than Marvin, but they’re both in play. Lots of options in that game, and I don’t hate most of them (Ebron being one exception). I’ve just come to temper my expectations for that game generally, the more I’ve thought about it.

• CleverGroom

@Dfspacman said...

Anyone considering Tavon Austin?

Tavon Austin isn’t the best slot WR on the Rams, just the richest. Play Cooper Kupp instead. Maintain your dignity.

• CleverGroom

@Dadeano860 said...

Yeah, but vs a top 5 defense that includes Snacks and Jackrabbit, I wouldn’t go there. That Giants defense is legit.

100%. I don’t know how many times I need to remind people that Dez Bryant cannot ball against good CBs. It’s a suicide mission.

• Dfspacman

Cooper isn’t starting tho, it’s going to be Watkins, woods, Austin

• zline34

He balled out against Xavier Rhodes. He’s a threat to any CB in the league when healthy. I’m not a Dez fan either.

• CleverGroom

@Dfspacman said...

Cooper isn’t starting tho, it’s going to be Watkins, woods, Austin

That’s just what the illuminati WANT you to think.

• CleverGroom

@zline34 said...

He balled out against Xavier Rhodes. He’s a threat to any CB in the league when healthy. I’m not a Dez fan either.

Look at the data over the course of his career. They’re damning. One exception does not prove otherwise.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.