4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at Carolina ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Washington ( (Pick) ) at Arizona ( (Pick) ) —- T: 44
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 8 ) at Green Bay ( -8 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 10th
    7:10 PM EST : NY Jets ( 6.5 ) at Detroit ( -6.5 ) —- T: 44
    10:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at Oakland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 49.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

@jriesel315 said...

There’s a 212-way tie for first in the $10 DK showdown…
    Garbage time TD to Woods to break this up??
    Just did the math…if the $50000 is split uniformly, that’s $235…that can’t be right, is it?

Your math is wrong.

They would split the prizes from 1st to 212th.

Add up all the prizes, then divide.

They’re splitting well over $100,000, not $50,000.

• RipCityRings

That last Cook reception just took me out of cash on both my late games. Never fails.

• damionismyname

I hate showdowns so I just threw my 1 lineup in the $1 and I tie for first for $38.63. SMH. what was the split in the big showdown?

• sox9

Faded Jared Cook in all my LUs, ended up losing all my entry fees. Outsmarted myself figuring all the TEs would score about 4-6 fantasy points and spent elsewhere.

• Spartaca

In the NFL $30K Golden State Showdown [$5K to 1st] (LAR vs OAK) 26 people came in first, interestingly the dude at 27 if he plays Zuerlein over Lynch, so he had the salary cap room, he takes the full $5,000 because he was the only one of the top 27 that made Cook the captain, he was the best play at Captain.

• zline34

I’d rather have rostered David Carr, that was brutal to watch.

• Smallchimp

Okay yeah that makes more sense. Regardless, insane that $50,000 to first turns into ~$1000 at most. There’s the flat payout people ask for I guess

Correction, 1st paid $583.01. Wow, what a dud

• Smallchimp

Obviously hindsight is 20:20, but dang, drives me crazy how obvious these end up being. Gurley ©, Goff, Rams, Cook, Zuerlein, Kupp is simple. Goes to show that when there’s over 1000 combinations that make sense, the one you don’t end up doing is the one that hits

• flashy84

@jriesel315 said...

Okay yeah that makes more sense. Regardless, insane that $50,000 to first turns into ~$1000 at most. There’s the flat payout people ask for I guess

Yeah I had one of those lineups, it turned out to be $583.01. Kind of disappointing to have the top lineup and split so much but it clearly wasn’t a special lineup haha.

• Spartaca

Did they just make an adjustment? My scores went down.

• Smallchimp

@flashy84 said...

Yeah I had one of those lineups, it turned out to be $583.01. Kind of disappointing to have the top lineup and split so much but it clearly wasn’t a special lineup haha.

Nice return on $10, but awful for 1st when you’re hoping for the $50k haha. Goes to show there’s really no punting in showdown, if you know the 15 or so players that are playing, you just need to come up with the right combo. Best skill player at © then take it from there.

Lock and load Captain AJG!

• Spartaca

Think they took 1 from Rams defense from 18 to 17. Guess it was a sack.

• yisman

@jriesel315 said...

Correction, 1st paid $583.01. Wow, what a dud

It was even worse before they started with captain mode

First place in these big showdown contests would always be a huge tie

• CleverGroom

@mtdurham said...

And i wasnt taking ownership into consideration as you post didnt mention that.. It was a dissection based on the fact that Philip Rivers had posted bad numbers historically against Kansas City.

Like i said i think you had a lot of good takes in this thread and i could post many of them. But in that post you mentioned you had the Chargers as your #1 defense which was a massive bust with -3 FPS and you didnt like the RIvers/Keenan combo…. Rivers/Keenan didnt really meet expectations and they still put up one of the top QB/WR raw scores. And you dont want to go anywhere near a fantasy defense in a game like that. They were practically drawing dead last week.

Two points I’d like to emphasize here.

First, it’s always about opportunity costs. I’m not deciding whether I like Rivers as a play in a vacuum. I’m deciding whether I like him relative to the alternatives, given factors like his matchup, his weapons, his coaching, his salary, and yes, his ownership. That’s often a factor when I come down against a play, even if I’m not laying out every single datum behind every single decision in every single post.

Second, things change. I had 0 exposure to LAC DST. I thought it was a bad play by the end of the week. That’s what we’re here for: to learn and change our minds.

Glad you had some Fitzmagic, by the way. I wish I had.

• Spartaca

@yisman said...

It was even worse before they started with captain mode

First place in these big showdown contests would always be a huge tie

You are right, I remember my first introduction, thought cool opening Monday night, never played and tied with 500 people. never played again til this year.

If one of those 26 people in NFL $30K Golden State Showdown [$5K to 1st] (LAR vs OAK) took Cook at Captain they would have won solo.

• BIF

Considering I played Stafford on 100/150, I managed to survive the night with only a $325 loss overall thanks to Cook and low owned Jalen Richard plus Rams D on 75/150

Showdown helped cover some of those losses as again I had all Gurley captains and a lot of Richard, Zzeurlein and Rams D

On to Week 2

• AVivier

+$850 for the week. +650 from that from coming 14th in the Spy, lucky to hit my highest buy-in.

Onto week 2. Week 1 is the biggest advantage imo, but if not, its week 2!

• CleverGroom

I booked a loss, personally. Pool ended up being too broad and including too many mistakes to survive that 100% GPP life without any Fitzmagic. Alas and alack.

Congratulations to our winners, and on to week 2!

• damionismyname

@CleverGroom said...

I booked a loss, personally. Pool ended up being too broad and including too many mistakes to survive that 100% GPP life without any Fitzmagic. Alas and alack.

Congratulations to our winners, and on to week 2!

• webbm1

Is there a way to find out how many people played in the Team Pick Em?

• BIF

@webbm1 said...

Is there a way to find out how many people played in the Team Pick Em?

No idea and was wondering the same thing – supposedly cash being paid out by Noon ET today (I’m in the low payout group of 8-10 wins out of 15 games so not expecting much) but on FD I know there are still 238K people alive in its Survivor (Eliminator) pool. I had Baltimore so alive for now.

• Spartaca

So the Pickem on DK 71 people got 1300 so $4225 a piece, now do they share in the lower tiers prize money?

• Spartaca

Wow is week 2 a joke

Week 2 Prizes

1st Place
    split $15,000

2nd Place
    split $5,000

3rd Place
    split $5,000

Win that big .10 to .20, woohoo

• jfro22

Not only that but now they have 5 bonuses that give you 20 points each. You have to watch 3 videos and share on Facebook and Twitter. Well that contest was fun while it lasted.

• bigez952

I got $1.68 for the bottom tier win of 8-10 wins on DK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.