4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at Carolina ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Washington ( (Pick) ) at Arizona ( (Pick) ) —- T: 44
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 8 ) at Green Bay ( -8 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 10th
    7:10 PM EST : NY Jets ( 6.5 ) at Detroit ( -6.5 ) —- T: 44
    10:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at Oakland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 49.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NDNole

@CleverGroom said...

I think you’re overthinking this a bit, because OBJ is immune to coverage.

AB averages 1.91 FP/target against top-25 CBs by PFF grades. This is amazing, because it’s just barely lower than his career average against all cornerbacks: 1.94 FP/target.

OBJ averages 2.17 FP/target against top-25 CBs.

Think about that for a moment.

Sterling Shepard could get shadowed by Bouye. JAX used him to shadow Will Fuller in one game last year. That was the only time they shadowed with anybody but Ramsey.

Either way, I agree that Shepard gets the easier coverage. Thing is…it don’t matter to OBJ. Don’t expect targets to get funneled away from him just because Jalen Ramsey’s sniffing around.

I watch the Jags a lot. It will be tough for anyone to get regular passing yardage against them. But I have to agree with this. OBJ will get his regardless. Against AB and Nuke the jags did well against them but they still got theirs because you cant stop those kind of guys all day. They get like 13-16 targets at times and no matter how good a corner they are facing they will win on some of those targets. Its just a matter if any of them are Td’s.

OBJ will get a ton of targets and Ramsey and bouye will knock down or disrupt a lot of them. But OBJ will win some of those as well, its just a matter of what he does with them. The more I think about it he may just go out there and do OBJ things and the only one that can get in his way is Manning and if he is accurate or not. Otherwise, he wins half his targets and ramsey/bouye win the other half. if he gets say 13 targets then that’s a 7-55 (maybe a td or not) line on a bad day or a 7-138-2 line either is possible.

• tkofantasy

WOW made it, I’m caught up on the Week 1 chat…. Happy to be back in the Forum and that NFL is here….
    What are peoples top Cash game QB? very little Tom Brady talk… or are people looking for a cheap Cash game QB?

• NDNole

I may have missed it if someone else has brought I up but it seems to me that many lineups will pay up for wr this week with so much value at rb. I know Bell hasn’t signed yet, but other than him wouldn’t this definitely be a week to pay up at rb while everyone else will take the rb value?

• econbrah11

@NDNole said...

I may have missed it if someone else has brought I up but it seems to me that many lineups will pay up for wr this week with so much value at rb. I know Bell hasn’t signed yet, but other than him wouldn’t this definitely be a week to pay up at rb while everyone else will take the rb value?

For week 1 I’d rather pay up at RB for the relatively safe volume of guys like Melvin Gordon and David Johnson. There’s too much variance in week 1 for me.

• NDNole

@econbrah11 said...

For week 1 I’d rather pay up at RB for the relatively safe volume of guys like Melvin Gordon and David Johnson. There’s too much variance in week 1 for me.

• Dunzor

@NDNole said...

Huh I didn’t realize the chalk build was to go cheaper at RB this week…literally every lineup I’ve built so far has at least one if not two or three stud RBs as I thought there was more value at WR, guess I’m glad it’ll be more contrarian

• NDNole

@Dunzor said...

Huh I didn’t realize the chalk build was to go cheaper at RB this week…literally every lineup I’ve built so far has at least one if not two or three stud RBs as I thought there was more value at WR, guess I’m glad it’ll be more contrarian

Not really thinking about the guys who play more often. Im thinking first week of the year new players who will try to get nuke and AB in the same line up etc. Or maybe I have it wrong lol.

• Supanice

@Trappist1 said...

Here you go, excellent site all-around and must bookmark. http://airyards.com/rake.html

Thanks that’s perfect

• Turnabuck

I’ll be curious about ownership % for kickers and defenses in the Thursday showdown. I currently have both kickers but 0 defenses.

• ASitar

I think I’m the Showdown you HAVE to use both QBs (if you’re only doing a handful of LUs). I’m using both WR1’s, a lesser owned RB and a lesser owned WR3. That ONE off guy (like Clement in last years Showdown) will be the deciding factor.

GL Thursday.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Hoods From The Wood said...

I like your strategy of paying up for Bellcow RB usage and going cheaper at WR

So much for contrarian

• js5734

thinking about avoiding the top tier rbs and the chalk 4k guys for the main slate and focusing on guys like collins, drake and lamar miller

• lukemiller42

Wait am I misunderstanding or no more YouTube vids?! I need my seige fix on Saturday

• sox9

Because of some of the Defenses involved, I wonder if the shootouts for which some people are looking (HOU/NE, CIN/IND, KC/LAC) will actually occur. NE, CIN, LAC Defenses could be stout, esp. vs some questionable OLs.

• tkofantasy

Didn’t the Siege leave?

• dopeismarcus

@Dfspacman said...

Any chance the millimaker gets full before this weekend

if not very close. ive seen about 4 DK commercials this morning on fox sports 1 lol.

• Brogias

Anyone think Cam for cash is good? What other QB’s do we like for Cash?

• lineupofpeace

@js5734 said...

thinking about avoiding the top tier rbs and the chalk 4k guys for the main slate and focusing on guys like collins, drake and lamar miller

• Jeremy2160

Do they not have any nfl video content anymore?

• miggs6876

I agree with paying up for RB. I see a lot more value pucks at the WR position. Many already mentioned. However, my gut tells me taking DJJ and Kamora isn’t gonna win me big money.

• AVivier

@ASitar said...

I think I’m the Showdown you HAVE to use both QBs (if you’re only doing a handful of LUs). I’m using both WR1’s, a lesser owned RB and a lesser owned WR3. That ONE off guy (like Clement in last years Showdown) will be the deciding factor.

GL Thursday.

About 80% of my lineups have 1 QB, 20% have 2. None have the QB at the captain spot. Shall see how it works. Good luck too

• vorg7

I was thinking (for Thursday showdown) that if the game is low scoring like vegas predicts the qbs might not be worth it, but it’s hard to find other ways to effectively spend your budget.

• ASitar

I think you have to go with a boom or bust guy (like Agholor) whose less expensive than the brand names and hope he goes off for 20+ at the Captain spot. I’m using the 2 QBs because 1) they’re pretty much guaranteed 15+ points and other players aren’t and 2) you can fit them both in and get other players you want. Unlike MLB Showdown when you take both pitchers and bottom off the order batters and a relief pitcher. I guess contrarian is using neither and going with RBs in hopes they go off because if a pass catcher does that means the QB did.

• Smallchimp

Where’s the needle pointing as far as McCoy at $6000? He’s going to face stacked boxes all day but 3X and even 4X aren’t that far off. Any thoughts?

• kdsdawg

@ASitar said...

if a pass catcher does that means the QB did.

not really..Julio could go 10-120-1 and Ryan could be 22/30 for 250 and that 1 TD
    just an example..happens more than you think..especially the way Ryan spreads the ball around..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).