4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at Carolina ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Washington ( (Pick) ) at Arizona ( (Pick) ) —- T: 44
    8:20 PM EST : Chicago ( 8 ) at Green Bay ( -8 ) —- T: 47.5

Monday, September 10th
    7:10 PM EST : NY Jets ( 6.5 ) at Detroit ( -6.5 ) —- T: 44
    10:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -3.5 ) at Oakland ( 3.5 ) —- T: 49.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Smallchimp

What was winning lineup/cash line/what would I have won with 95fpts in the milly?

• BIF

@jriesel315 said...

Holy shit, did this become a live tweet thread of the game? 20+ pages since I checked it before kickoff. We def need game threads, I’d hate to be the person trying to read through this thread from scratch at this point.

So much for the “don’t fade QBs” strategy though, huh? I haven’t seen the perfect lineup, but neither QB was necessarily good

Re: perfect lineup

I believe it is what I had as I had the Top 5 scorers (Julio captain) and the 7th highest (Ertz)
    The 6th highest was Ryan by 0.04 points but he was like $2K more so could not fit in with top 5

• BIF

@Kamais_Ookin said...

what was the winning lu anyways?

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/58488783?uc=1164790185

• ttucowboy84

@jriesel315 said...

What was winning lineup/cash line/what would I have won with 95fpts in the milly?

Winning lineup was:

Julio (Cpt)
    Coleman
    Ajayi
    Eagles D
    Ertz
    Agholor

95 pts would’ve equalled ~ $20

• Smallchimp

DK, is it an issue when a $1MM payout to first is split between 54 people? I’m guessing yes…

• CAMFAN11

Had a unique team winning the 3dollar throughout 3rd quarter then the Coleman td happens. Strong day still though finished 56th with best line. Great discussion on here this week. Looking forward to the weekend

• CleverGroom

@BIF said...

Re: perfect lineup

I believe it is what I had as I had the Top 5 scorers (Julio captain) and the 7th highest (Ertz)
    The 6th highest was Ryan by 0.04 points but he was like $2K more so could not fit in with top 5

Well done, BIF! Grats to all our winners.

I’m not one of you, though not all was lost. Very disappointing showing from ATL, I thought. Troubling on both sides of the ball as we move forward.

That’ll have to wait. On to Cleveland.

• Trappist1

@jriesel315 said...

DK, is it an issue when a $1MM payout to first is split between 54 people? I’m guessing yes…

That is very good question. A flawed game concept even with a captain option makes a mockery that it is a true game of skill. Do you think they have a long-term plan ? Or they want to grab as much rake as possible in the quickest time ? I think the latter and hence why we have these game formats.

• CleverGroom

@Trappist1 said...

That is very good question. A flawed game concept even with a captain option makes a mockery that it is a true game of skill. Do you think they have a long-term plan ? Or they want to grab as much rake as possible in the quickest time ? I think the latter and hence why we have these game formats.

I didn’t play in that GPP partly because of how much of the winnings were devoted to 1st place. How is this a problem? It produced a flatter payout structure while still offering a tremendous win for anybody who tied at the top.

• Trappist1

@CleverGroom said...

I didn’t play in that GPP partly because of how much of the winnings were devoted to 1st place. How is this a problem? It produced a flatter payout structure while still offering a tremendous win for anybody who tied at the top.

At what point does duplication become unacceptable ? Tonight it was 56, another time it could be 150 and another time it could be 250 etc… There comes a point where the number of duplicated line-up’s, 16% rake and 30% to 40% prize to 1st loses its appeal. Maybe we reach that point within this season.

• AVivier

@Trappist1 said...

Well, was Julio your captain?

• AVivier

@Trappist1 said...

At what point does duplication become unacceptable ? Tonight it was 56, another time it could be 150 and another time it could be 250 etc… There comes a point where the number of duplicated line-up’s, 16% rake and 30% to 40% prize to 1st loses its appeal. Maybe we reach that point within this season.

Well one of our own won with 1.5% rake tonight.

• Trappist1

@AVivier said...

Well one of our own won with 1.5% rake tonight.

Yes, always nice to see winners. But as i said in my post, at what point does duplicated line-up’s become unacceptable ? 50,100, 150, 200, 250 etc… ? Classic mode games like Nascar, MMA and Tennis have this problem too.

• BIF

@Trappist1 said...

Obviously it depends on the game and how it plays out. Another big variable is the makeup of the teams involved in the Showdown game. This game while there was a ton of chalk and a pretty clear Captain play, it had the potential for a unique lineup winner as you had 5 playable RBs alone to go with 3 TEs so things could have been very different.

Before my team (and 53 others) moved into 1st, there was a 5-way tie each winning $238K Iwhich is very acceptable and before that early in the 3rd Q there was unique lineups in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but a 50+ train was right behind.

I’ve played NBA Showdown with a smaller number of playable options and finished solo 2nd behind a solo 1st therefore the format is not totally broke but when chalk hits, there is nothing you can do but hopefully have that combo too and share in the winnings.

• AVivier

@Trappist1 said...

Yes, always nice to see winners. But as i said in my post, at what point does duplicated line-up’s become unacceptable ? 50,100, 150, 200, 250 etc… ? Classic mode games like Nascar, MMA and Tennis have this problem too.

Tennis is blocked in NY, and I don’t really play MMA, but it is not a problem in NASCAR.

• Trappist1

@AVivier said...

Well, was Julio your captain?

Yep, left out the two QB’s and also left 1k in salary on the table. Finished on 96.3 points and was duped big time too. I would be interested if some one like Kevin Cole could run the numbers to show how many from the 254.000 entrants has a unique line.

• BIF

DK paid out already 💰

….hello $1.5M Wildcat $333 entry $250K to 1st for Sunday main slate

• zline34

@BIF said...

Correct – no tax on gambling, lotteries, DFS

However, we pay almost double for gasoline, booze, cigarettes, chew and probably hookers too

Where do I sign up?

• Trappist1

@AVivier said...

Tennis is blocked in NY, and I don’t really play MMA, but it is not a problem in NASCAR.

They had to change the rooster spots from 5 to 6 in MMA, then change the scoring to stop dupes as players complained about dupes. The dupes still happen and for tennis once it gets to knockout stages is dupe galore. Notice Nascar has dupes too, it just happened these recent weeks a few times.

• bignish

@BIF said...

DK paid out already 💰

Congrats!!!! On to Sunday

• Brian7479

Is there any stats or anything on whether it’s best to play a game stack over just a team stack in GPP’s?

• Spartaca

Well came in with 102.04 and won $30. But I do agree with Trappist a bit, I wasn’t even going to play because tying with possibly 200 other people is not that exciting. The game sucked too, Matt Ryan should thank whoever or whatever he believes in for that contract because his decision making late in games is terrible. I mean they lost the same exact way as the did in the NFC championship.

So what happens everyone who came in first splits the $1,000,000 and all the other money too down to 54?

$100,000.00
    3rd $50,000.00
    4th $25,000.00
    5th $20,000.00
    6th $15,000.00
    7th – 8th $12,500.00
    9th – 10th $10,000.00
    11th – 12th $7,500.00
    13th – 15th $5,000.00
    16th – 20th $3,000.00
    21st – 25th $1,500.00
    26th – 30th $1,000.00
    31st – 40th $750.00
    41st – 50th $500.00

• Spartaca

@BIF said...

DK paid out already 💰

Congratulations, seriously well done.

• Yaaar

Congrats BIF! Great Job as always.

• tbird05

@Spartaca said...

Well came in with 102.04 and won $30. But I do agree with Trappist a bit, I wasn’t even going to play because tying with possibly 200 other people is not that exciting. The game sucked too, Matt Ryan should thank whoever or whatever he believes in for that contract because his decision making late in games is terrible. I mean they lost the same exact way as the did in the NFC championship.

So what happens everyone who came in first splits the $1,000,000 and all the other money too down to 54?

$100,000.00
    3rd $50,000.00
    4th $25,000.00
    5th $20,000.00
    6th $15,000.00
    7th – 8th $12,500.00
    9th – 10th $10,000.00
    11th – 12th $7,500.00
    13th – 15th $5,000.00
    16th – 20th $3,000.00
    21st – 25th $1,500.00
    26th – 30th $1,000.00
    31st – 40th $750.00
    41st – 50th $500.00

The winners all split the top 54 prizes. Which equals out to about $24,500 each. Not bad for a $10 investment in a tournament where you competing with 250,000 others all picking from the same 10-15 player pool. A win like that would make dfs a profitable hobby for most.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.