4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• AVivier

Bell, Chubb, Kerryon, Mack and Howard are my early likes at RB.

• Smallchimp

RB is LOADED with value talent. Elliott, Barkley, and McCaffrey are always potential slate breakers as far as raw points go, but even scrolling past those three you have solid priced studs. Hard not to like Bell at $7100, Carson at $5700, Ingram at $5100, or even Freeman at $5300 (although in a likely rough match up) at first glance. Until you get a injury-caused chalk (and even after it) you’ll have so much value just looking past the top 3. Note to self: don’t take an Ito Smith-level talent just because he’s $3500 and is starting. The value is in the mid range.

WR doesn’t seem to be anything to write home about (without looking into match ups/actually doing homework). Top end is priced nicely, mid range is populated with a ton of options. There’s some players that I know won’t be chalky at a low low price and if you take one, going balanced seems pretty straightforward. But hey, kickoff isn’t for another 839.5 hours.

• baseballislife93

Kyler Murray lock to be highest owned QB?

• Smallchimp

@baseballislife93 said...

I see your Kyler Murray and raise you one Jameis Winston vs. SF

• AVivier

Pbly, Mahommes, Luck, Baker, Cam and Winston gonna be popular too.

• baseballislife93

@Smallchimp said...

I see your Kyler Murray and raise you one Jameis Winston vs. SF

I don’t see my self going any higher then Lamar Jackson at 6k at QB

• baseballislife93

@AVivier said...

Pbly, Mahommes, Luck, Baker, Cam and Winston gonna be popular too.

Jimmy G vs Tampa?

• Smallchimp

I don’t see my self going any higher then Lamar Jackson at 6k at QB

Yeah, QB is far from a mandatory spend-up position given the number of options that are fairly juicy, it’s just the fact that the perception is going to be that he’s more likely than not 25+ point median outcome with a possibility to be QB1 on the week. Obviously that can change, but I’m basing my first takes on the assumption he’s going to garner high ownership

• 808state

are they not doing a millionaire maker this year?

• baseballislife93

@808state said...

They LL have one hopefully FanDuel does one 2 for cheaper

• Smallchimp

@808state said...

Probably will save for another week or two to re-generate hype going into the season. Might as well whet the appetite with a $3 and then follow up with milly

• sanders_tj

Winston is vastly overrated and his high price is not justified. He might have a decent matchup in what could be a high scoring game, but he makes terrible decisions when under pressure. He’d be a better play if he wasn’t the third highest salary on DK.

• JTAx33

Fournette and Dalvin are far far to cheap. Same with Thielen.

• thebigboy

Foles will be a good option

• keephustlincuz

@thebigboy said...

Foles will be a good option

I like foles, fournette and a JAX wr of some sort. Nice cheap stack.

• depalma13

AJ Green out 6 to 8 weeks

• keephustlincuz

@808state said...

$10 entry milly maker up now.

• baseballislife93

@keephustlincuz said...

$10 entry milly maker up now.

Thats just for the Thursday night game

• keephustlincuz

Thats just for the Thursday night game

Wow… you are right. What are they doing?

• baseballislife93

@keephustlincuz said...

Wow… you are right. What are they doing?

It will come out later no need to freak out lol surprised they posted anything so early

• mtdurham

@808state said...

Yes, according to internal documents they are still doing the milly maker… they just don’t want people tying up that kind of capital this far in advance… it absolutely kills their churn

• keephustlincuz

It will come out later no need to freak out lol surprised they posted anything so early

That’s not what I meant. Did they do a milly for thursday and sunday last year on opening weekend. My memory is fuzzy.

• baseballislife93

@keephustlincuz said...

That’s not what I meant. Did they do a milly for thursday and sunday last year on opening weekend. My memory is fuzzy.

Oh yea they did for both (FanDuel had a Milly 2), I don’t think the Thursday one came close to filling last yr if I remember

• mtdurham

In honor of the new season upon us anyone here interested in talking about NFL DFS strategy instead of just random stuff like “who to play” this week… i mean we have an entire month to pick our lineups… wouldnt this time be better served talking strategy?

It took me until like Week 3-4 of NFL last year to know what I was doing and honestly most of the dumb money had already dried up and quit by like week 5-6….

Week 1-2 in NFL is absolutely critical towards turning a profit for the season in my opinion…. its the perfect storm of dumb money and new opportunities to exploit… by week 3-4 all that information can be processed fairly critically and by week 5-6 all the non-professionals bankroll is basically wiped out…

• mtdurham

Here I’ll start…..

Here are some basic principles….. I didnt play much Single Entry or 3-max last year i focused mostly on 20-max and 150-max….

NFL is like Marble Madness

EVERYTHING you know is wrong.

A LOT of touts available on the internet always talk backwards DFS when it comes to the NFL…. they say stuff like “If you’re only playing one entry you gotta play Patrick Mahomes or “If you’re playing a bunch of lineups you can afford to take some chances on _____________ (name that crappy QB)”

Well thats opposite….

Think about it… if you’re playing single entry…. what’s Pat Mahomes most likeliest outcome…. like 25 FPS for $6,000 at 30% ownership? Well if that happens #1 you probably aren’t gonna win the GPP… and #2 you might not even cash….. If you get the most likeliest outcome… if he absolutely crushes congrats you might cash but you still prob wont win that GPP….

The time to take an overweight/underweight stand on Mahomes is in 150-max or 20 max GPP…… not in Single Entry… In SIngle entry why not play that pretty boy in Chicago who can barely throw a spiral but might get 5 TD’s off of shovel passes and glorified laterals in that fancy pants offense?

In GPP playing that guy might cash a lineup…. but in Single Entry that guy might Deliver you from Evil…

That said……. Dont play expensive QB’s… they are Fool’s Errand for guys who don’t have time to research, have no clue what they are doing, and aren’t confident enough to select a roster like a man… they simply don’t have the upside to justify using them. If you’re scared get a dog. Don’t play NFL DFS. Dogs are cheaper.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler