4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

I’m 43 playboy. Do the math ( we know you’re so good at) I suffered late 80s early 90s

But Dad, I’m 38! How is this possible? Way to get after it early.

• timusbr

This 2 game slate tonight is gonna be hard to win.
    I just made a LU with all the studs in it and the highest priced defense. I went down at QB and have 1 cheaper WR and a cheap TE.
    I should cash if the slate breaker is a stud but everyone will be around the cash line.

• ASitar

Is everyone else using Ty Williams at Captain in Showdown tonight too?

• timusbr

@Hoods From The Wood said...

So BiF had to see you naked? LOL kinda makes him the loser of the bet

Naw he wouldn’t break his life of leisure to see something as putrid as that. But I do believe he thinks I am a man of my word.

• timusbr

@squidkill said...

I’m 43 playboy. Do the math ( we know you’re so good at) I suffered late 80s early 90s

LOL, I have had my guess already. 1985/86 were good years

• squidkill

@thedkexperience said...

But Dad, I’m 38! How is this possible? Way to get after it early.

• TheLuckDragon

Okay so I had a big night last night, a real big one…40k+ so I’m gonna throw down a pick i’m pretty sure is gonna go off…..Darren Waller.

• monarch

@ASitar said...

Is everyone else using Ty Williams at Captain in Showdown tonight too?

No…I’ve made a bunch and he has only made it into one of my LUs

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@timusbr said...

I think its a much better chance than winning a top heavy 200K millmaker

That’s for sure! Getting a FFWC ticket is very hard, but it’s achievable. Once you’re there, anything is possible. It’s a 180 man contest, with top 10 paying $100K+ and top 2 paying $1M+. For the same price, I’d much rather try the $425 qualifier 7 times than max enter the Milly Maker once.

• joephoto

I entered DK FFWC contests but then checked the dates.
    My biggest photo job of the year will be party on Dec 15th.
    Don’t trust passing to another photographer.
    So I withdrew from all qualifiers I could.

• squidkill

@joephoto said...

I entered DK FFWC contests but then checked the dates.
    My biggest photo job of the year will be party on Dec 15th.
    Don’t trust passing to another photographer.
    So I withdrew from all qualifiers I could.

I’m looking to do some mother/son glamour pics. Would you be interested ?

• lovpink

@mike42 said...

Going into season long drafts I was really high on Watson, is he going to be the number 1 QB tonight?

He should the saint’s want to run the ball and so does denver and the raider’s are trash

• yisman

story of my week 1 was having way too much Kelce and Tyreek on Fanduel and Yahoo. Killed my lineups.

Chiefs offense explodes like I expected and I lose.

• ASitar

@monarch said...

No…I’ve made a bunch and he has only made it into one of my LUs

I think a WR in that game has the biggest big point potential and he just m Ed’s 1 40+ yarder to make it worth it. With only 5 catches most likely he’ll need a HR but I think it’s there. Also, I wouldn’t think he’s in top 5 ownership at Captain, which I like as well. C ownership will prob be Lindsay, Sanders, Carr, Jacobs, Broncos D, Flacco, Waller, Ty, Renfroe.

• ASitar

Is Kamara a great fade in the DK $10 (single bullet) 2 game slate or dumb? With RB options he’ll be 40% owned. I have Jacobs/Lindsey at RB, but Kamara is my Flex. Or do I put MT at flex over Kamara?

• joephoto

@squidkill said...

I’m looking to do some mother/son glamour pics. Would you be interested ?

Extra if I have to set up lighting in your basement .

• thedkexperience

@TheLuckDragon said...

Okay so I had a big night last night, a real big one…40k+ so I’m gonna throw down a pick i’m pretty sure is gonna go off…..Darren Waller.

First off, congrats! That’s amazing.

Second, please explain why. I’m intrigued.

• JSteele

@TheLuckDragon said...

I think Waller is a good play. TE is thin, Saints have a lot of options that they won’t need to use Cook like he was used in Oakland. Denver has Fant but they will mostly run and they have a decent set of receivers and a good pass catching back in Lindsay. Houston will likely just lean on Fuller and Hopkins. Oakland will face a lot of pressure from that Denver D Line and that should force Carr to make some quick throws to Waller and he should step into that Cook role from last year.

• BigPod

Coutee Inactive

• kdsdawg

@TheLuckDragon said...

thanks for joining today just to tell us this tidbit

• AVivier

Coutee inactive

• skankinmat

Koutee inactive tonight FYI

• ASitar

Dammit, I don’t have any DJJ and I don’t want to adjust my LUs to have any.

• JSteele

DeAndre Carter will step in to fill Coutee’s role, but I think it just funnels more passes to Hopkins and Fuller

• BIF

@Felixxberg said...

I was chasing a FHWC (the NHL one) last season and it was kind of hard, but I finally got one and also had a 2nd place and a 4th place in the 65-ish man $300 contest. A friend of mine played a 10 man satellite to get a $1K qualifier ticket and then won the 19 man $1K qualifier. Another friend of mine got a 2nd place in a $5 qualifier, but never came close again. I never played the $1K qualifiers, but I would have won it maybe 3-4 times with the lineup I used in other high stakes contests on those nights. I mass entered the $5 qualifiers and never really got close.

For the FGWC (the PGA one), I would have won it twice, but I only won it once because I didn’t try it the other week I would have won. It was the 68 man double qualifier, which was a decent way to get in, as you mentioned.

TLDR: No matter how you do it, if you want to have a decent shot, you need to play smaller field/higher stakes qualifiers. My favorite one for the FFWC is the 169 man $425 qualifier. Winning a 1K+ man qualifier isn’t realistic, but it could happen if you mass enter it and get lucky. Winning a 10K+ man qualifier is highly unrealistic, even with 150 lineups.

Something neither of you mentioned is that it is infinitely harder to win a FFWC ticket as it is worth $50K+ versus the $6650 that the FGWC golf tickets we won were worth. I won mine in a $33 entry 547 entry double seat qualifier now for football you need beat almost two thousand people for one seat.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler