4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• HoodsFromTheWood

@CleverGroom said...

Also worth noting these are the top-owned players by far. Great example of why cumulative ownership of everybody on your LU matters so much more than ownership of individual players.

Point being that an overabundance of high owned players turned into a contrarian lineup? Asking for a Hood

• BigPod

Please throw a td to Fells lol

• CleverGroom

@mike42 said...

He may end up being on the winning LU but I don’t think he was a good play at 6 for his role in this matchup. Hyde was a better GPP play probably. 1/2 the touches at a fraction of the ownership and 2k discount.

Again, it’s about cumulative ownership more than individual, and the salary doesn’t matter that much. BIF will remind us that you can often win these slates with money on the table.

My whole thing is that I simply didn’t consider Duke (or Hyde) a priority play. There’s a lot of options in these games.

• Kamais_Ookin

watson is a fool bouncing around the field like a pinball. Back in the blue tent he goes

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@mike42 said...

He may end up being on the winning LU but I don’t think he was a good play at 6 for his role in this matchup. Hyde was a better GPP play probably. 1/2 the touches at a fraction of the ownership and 2k discount.

I thought he was a great play. But I also assumed texans would be playing catch up the whole game and that would lead to the run game and Hyde getting phased out and Duke getting more snaps

• CleverGroom

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Point being that an overabundance of high owned players turned into a contrarian lineup? Asking for a Hood

Not exactly.

The way it worked out in this one is that because of their huge salaries, I had to make some really ugly compromises that most folks won’t entertain. That begins with playing Saints DST over the clear DST1 play of DEN—this is already a super contrarian move because most folks would never play a DST against their QB stack. Fading Duke and playing a DST against my QB are the two biggest differentiators for my cumulative ownership.

The thing is, I kinda like these gross plays of mine. NO DST could wind up getting a quarter or more of A.J. McCarron the way things are going, and Watson could already be QB1 for the night. In another universe Watson plays the whole game fully healthy but throws a couple picks, one of which goes for a score, and accounts for 4-5 TDs. Lots of ways it can work out even if they’re negatively correlated on average (also Watson himself is demonstrably better than the average QB in adverse scripts and environments).

My three compromise dudes in DEN at OAK make some sense too. We’ll see if it amounts to anything.

• Dfspacman

Wish I had Johnson over Kamara

• BigPod

Damn NO -8 for 2 half

• BigPod

@Dfspacman said...

Think Kamara is about to ball out dfs wise in catch up mode second half

• mike42

@Dfspacman said...

Still got a 1/2 to play. I think Jacobs in going to end up the must on this slate.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@BigPod said...

Think Kamara is about to ball out dfs wise in catch up mode second half

• monarch

Lat vulture

• CleverGroom

@monarch said...

Lat vulture

It’s not a vulture when A) you’re projected for a major goal-line role and B) it was a carry from the 30.

We need to figure out what terms like “vulture” and “onslaught” mean before they become meaningless.

• Kamais_Ookin

@monarch said...

Lat vulture

Not at all.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@CleverGroom said...

It’s not a vulture when A) you’re projected for a major goal-line role and B) it was a carry from the 30.

We need to figure out what terms like “vulture” and “onslaught” mean before they become meaningless.

Word. I don’t think there’s any vultures with 30 yard wingspans. I think he either got Albatross’d or Pterodactyl’d. Your pick.

• kdsdawg

Johnson is not the runner Hyde is…the sooner they figure that out the better
    he can also catch the ball

• monarch

Well…he got a TD and the more chalky Saints did not. And I’m pretty sure many…not me, were upset

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Well…he got a TD and the more chalky Saints did not. And I’m pretty sure many…not me, were upset

That’s fair. I think he trolled them, not vultured. I think. I don’t want to mess up all the terminology either.

On a side note, I believe onslaught to be at least 4, maybe 5 (?) players from the same team. That’s it.

• monarch

Look at all the concentrated production…

• CleverGroom

@monarch said...

True enough. I would’ve won my league this week if I’d played him instead of Aaron Jones or Matt Breida.

• Kamais_Ookin

Hopkins is too f’n good. Slices through defense like butter ez td’s.

• wigg_ESEA

Imagine people fading Watson tonight…

• Johnsonnoa73

Imagine fading Hopkins….sigh lol

• kdsdawg

this is great..forces Brees to throw…the shoot out we wanted is coming…I need Ted Ginn TD…

• kdsdawg

someone explain why they waste plays with Taysom Hill?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).