4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sanders_tj

@Smallchimp said...

Something that’s been on my mind lately is this:

The obvious perception of the Jets vs. Bills game is that the Jets decimated secondary will make the Bills passing game efficient and have players like Beasley and John Brown be high potential plays. Last season, Josh Allen had the lowest completion percentage when pressured. Additionally, the Jets had one of the lowest rates of QB pressure in the league last season, but in the Week 14 match up, 24/45 of Allen’s’ drop-backs were pressured, or about 55.3%. This is well above the 43.4% rate Allen had over the course of the season and the Jets were able to win this game 27-23 while holding Allen to a 50% completion rating. This preseason, against Atlanta the Jets blitzed 37.5% of passing plays, so depending on the next two games, this may prove to be the way they compensate for the lack of secondary help. If this is the case, they may be able to pressure Allen and thus make him much less able to take advantage of the weak secondary. Their offensive line is much improved, but the Jets have improved their defensive line with potentially the best defensive player of the draft.

Does anyone think that there may be something to this? Obviously Allen’s rushing upside makes it easier for him to hit value, but for plays like Brown and Beasley, does this make them much less advantageous relative to their expected value?

I will likely have no exposure to that game in any way. There are way too many juicy spots elsewhere.

• Smallchimp

@Ace15 said...

Thank you for this. 100% exposure it is.

Until Mariota goes 12/18 and Davis gets 3 for 70 hahaha

• yisman

Reports that Melvin Gordon holdout will continue into the regular season.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

@Smallchimp said...

Until Mariota goes 12/18 and Davis gets 3 for 70 hahaha

I’m a fish, what can i say haha.

• curt777

Anyone have a list of which sites will have late swap for NFL or not?

• sanders_tj

@curt777 said...

Anyone have a list of which sites will have late swap for NFL or not?

I’ve only ever played FD and DK so I don’t know about the other sites but late swap is always a thing on FD and DK.

• shadowchap1978

Anyone rolling with Leveon Bell week 1?

• QualityPlayer

@shadowchap1978 said...

Hes not one of my favorites for week 1 but hes an option… im all in on Nick Chubb

• madskillz84

Some notes from the higher buy ins…

DK
    $100 contest top 20.28% cash (2500 entries – 50k to first)
    $150 contest top 22.54% cash (3703 entries – 100k to first))
    $333 contest top 20.97% cash (5005 entries – 250k to first)

FD
    $22 contest top 22.55% cash (18,717 entries – 100k to first)
    $44 contest top 23.53% cash (11,872 entries – 100k to first)
    $150 contest top 20.36% cash (3034 entries – 100k to first)

• AVivier

@shadowchap1978 said...

I’m on team Bell. There’s plenty of downsides that are repeated ad nauseam (rusty, bad line, low total), but it’s still Lev Bell and he’s gonna get fed like crazy and he has a huge price reduction.

• 808state

@shadowchap1978 said...

I worry about his usage. I think Ty Montgomery is going to be way more involved than he should be.

• mnstone14

@Csquared1987 said...

We have people on here saying Diggs is unplayable when he has scored a TD in EVERY GAME since they fired their OC last season.

because sample size matters and youre talking about 3 games. i dont know if hes an bad gpp play but it has nothing to do with his 3 game td streak from 9 moths ago.

• 33BeRad

@AVivier said...

I’m on team Bell. There’s plenty of downsides that are repeated ad nauseam (rusty, bad line, low total), but it’s still Lev Bell and he’s gonna get fed like crazy and he has a huge price reduction.

Do you not believe any of the Ty Monty buzz coming from there? They have gone more up tempo than we are use to seeing from Gase so that’s a plus

• AVivier

@33BeRad said...

Do you not believe any of the Ty Monty buzz coming from there?

Think about that question for a minute and weigh it against the workhorse All-Pro back that they just spent a crap loads of money on in the NYC market. Bell is getting fed, the question is if he’ll be productive.

• Hoods From The Wood

@AVivier said...

Think about that question for a minute and weigh it against the workhorse All-Pro back that they just spent a crap loads of money on in the NYC market. Bell is getting fed, the question is if he’ll be productive.

I don’t know, with the downgrade of OL’s and Gase unable to spell Bell-cow???

• madskillz84

Anyone have any insight on the following Defenses for week 1?

Eagles, Browns, Seahawks

All seem like solid plays to me, wondering if I’m missing something.

• dbullsfan

@QualityPlayer said...

Hes not one of my favorites for week 1 but hes an option… im all in on Nick Chubb

I’m liking Chubb and the Browns D a lot at the moment

• emnj69

@Smallchimp said...

Something that’s been on my mind lately is this:

The obvious perception of the Jets vs. Bills game is that the Jets decimated secondary will make the Bills passing game efficient and have players like Beasley and John Brown be high potential plays. Last season, Josh Allen had the lowest completion percentage when pressured. Additionally, the Jets had one of the lowest rates of QB pressure in the league last season, but in the Week 14 match up, 24/45 of Allen’s’ drop-backs were pressured, or about 55.3%. This is well above the 43.4% rate Allen had over the course of the season and the Jets were able to win this game 27-23 while holding Allen to a 50% completion rating. This preseason, against Atlanta the Jets blitzed 37.5% of passing plays, so depending on the next two games, this may prove to be the way they compensate for the lack of secondary help. If this is the case, they may be able to pressure Allen and thus make him much less able to take advantage of the weak secondary. Their offensive line is much improved, but the Jets have improved their defensive line with potentially the best defensive player of the draft.

Does anyone think that there may be something to this? Obviously Allen’s rushing upside makes it easier for him to hit value, but for plays like Brown and Beasley, does this make them much less advantageous relative to their expected value?

I am pretty comfortable I know my Jets-as a life long fan(sad but true) I have seen literally hundreds of jet games in person-this team has hopes and high expectations-I dont like the Gase hire but the team does have talent on offense-I think bell with greatly improve Darnold’s game and crowder anderson and TY are some fairly good weapons-now to your point the defense-people love their new coordinator running the D-he is the kind of coach that attacks and takes risks-this team he will find out is not nearly skilled enough to do it-teams will be able to throw on the jets the jets are extremely thin at LB they lost two key players one to injury one to suspension and they have a terrible secondary(minus Adams who is legit) which is rather pathetic considering the drafts and free agents brought in-with respect to the bills they will be able to move the ball on the jets without question-now it is tough to pinpoint where the points will come from-Allen will definitely be able to run on them(safe play just playing him as a one off) -if shady can revert back to shady of two -three years ago could have a huge game(not sure he is the same player)-cole and jones can both do well vs this defense and I think are both playable(not in the same line ups)-Brown I have no interest in with a new team in game one for him-I have lots of interest on the jets offense actually as their skill guys are not priced too high-note herndon is out for a few weeks due to suspension

• emnj69

not sure why half of that has lines through it but Allen is in play-shady is in play as are CB or Jones(would pick one not both)

• emnj69

@madskillz84 said...

Eagles, Browns, Seahawks

they are all solid-I am paying down on defense near the bottom of the bottom guys

• monarch

I’m warming to a Lions/CJA pairing

• emnj69

@monarch said...

I’m warming to a Lions/CJA pairing

my fav d is the dolphins based on price-it allows me to pay up greatly in other areas -they are playing at home vs a running qb that will put the ball on the ground-do I like the dolphins team no they will be hot garbage but I think they can get me -7-10 points easily which I will take at that price-the defense I like second is in the same game especially if turnover magic fitz is playing-he throws ints lots of them when going against a good team-just a bit hard to find the money to pay for them

• Hoods From The Wood

@emnj69 said...

my fav d is the dolphins based on price-it allows me to pay up greatly in other areas -they are playing at home vs a running qb that will put the ball on the ground-do I like the dolphins team no they will be hot garbage but I think they can get me -7-10 points easily which I will take at that price-the defense I like second is in the same game especially if turnover magic fitz is playing-he throws ints lots of them when going against a good team-just a bit hard to find the money to pay for them

First of all, as a lifetime Jets fan (you,not me) you have all my sympathy. The ghost of Jimmy Hoffa is a Giants fan (him,not me) and will not let you succeed in his home.
    With pricing so soft in week 1, it shouldn’t be hard to pay up a bit more than 2.1K for a D. Granted, Miami had 21 ints last year (2nd in NFL) I’m just not sure that’s sustainable (year before they had 9). I don’t think Lamar will have to throw much. Ravens want to run, run then run some more. I think their OL (ranked 11/PFF) -2 TE sets will overpower Miami D’s (29th in sacks/2018) main weakness, their D-line.

• Hoods From The Wood

@madskillz84 said...

Eagles, Browns, Seahawks

They check a lot of boxes for sure. All 3 at home favored by more than 5 vs what are projected to be some of the worst offenses this year (and last). I’m all over the Carson/Sea D stack. Lol best part of the RB/D stack is you don’t need to come back with a Bengal.

• emnj69

@Hoods From The Wood said...

First of all, as a lifetime Jets fan (you,not me) you have all my sympathy. The ghost of Jimmy Hoffa is a Giants fan (him,not me) and will not let you succeed in his home.
    With pricing so soft in week 1, it shouldn’t be hard to pay up a bit more than 2.1K for a D. Granted, Miami had 21 ints last year (2nd in NFL) I’m just not sure that’s sustainable (year before they had 9). I don’t think Lamar will have to throw much. Ravens want to run, run then run some more. I think their OL (ranked 11/PFF) -2 TE sets will overpower Miami D’s (29th in sacks/2018) main weakness, their D-line.

yes they will want to run run run and part of it will be their qb who puts the ball on the ground-one or two fumbles and they will get me what i need out of them

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler