4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dbullsfan

@BIF said...

How ready is he to play as QB1 ?

I’m guessing he is gonna play Preseason Week 4 to get some reps in.

He didn’t play yesterday (had zero stats) and had only thrown 15 passes in first 2 games.

He has been getting first team reps all camp, he is as ready as any other QB in the league.

• 33BeRad

@ssilberman2012 said...

I want to play Julio Jones but I think roster construction will have everyone paying down at RB, which will allow Jones to be played and be chalkier. I also don’t like the away matchup at Xavier Rhodes and the Vikings D.

Maybe the Vikings defensive matchup will scare others off playing Julio too. Anyway, Julio can win that matchup all game so if you like Julio play him.

• Wrx_guy

Looks like Jacoby is ready. He won me some money in 2017 so I will for sure throw him into a couple of lineups.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044263/article/jacoby-brissett-set-up-to-succeed-after-andrew-lucks-retirement%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dind%253Bteam%253Dind%253Bconf%253Dafc%253Bdvsn%253Dacs%253Bplyr%253Dthomas_brady%253Bplyr%253Dnicholas_foles%253Bplyr%253Dandrew_luck&sr=amp

• kdsdawg

@monarch said...

and the Colts have a top 5 OL,

too bad that haven’t had that in the past, we probably would not be discussing Brissett as a #1 QB

• dbullsfan

Any fantasy draft players out there for football, is the strategy over there any different? Curious as to the differences between it and DK. Thanks

• hautalak

Finally caught up here and interesting as always. With all these “dime” contests I’ll have more lineups than ever. You can fit a lot with prices coming out so quick.

Hate that my Cousins bias is already kicking in. As mentioned Wentz only 200 more on DK is great!. Also don’t mind Rivers at all. Those with Mayfield will likely be my highest owned. RB is gonna be wild. Barkley, CMC, and even K. Johnson. I don’t mind some of the rookie backups either.

WR is just hope and pray… I’m liking Allen and Thielen right now.

Gotta get some last minute tickets this week too! It’s almost here.

• NDNole

Brissett/Doyle stack could be devastating if Brisset is in fact low owned. Could almost get any lineup you want. Im not taking the plunge this week but I think it could be a low key thing that could sneak up come week one. Especially with people pouncing on ebron.

I could forsee doyle getting something like 6-80-1 and Brissett getting another passing td in there somewhere and a rushing td. Again im not on it but I can at least see it happening and not be surprised.

• NDNole

@hautalak said...

Finally caught up here and interesting as always. With all these “dime” contests I’ll have more lineups than ever. You can fit a lot with prices coming out so quick.

Hate that my Cousins bias is already kicking in. As mentioned Wentz only 200 more on DK is great!. Also don’t mind Rivers at all. Those with Mayfield will likely be my highest owned. RB is gonna be wild. Barkley, CMC, and even K. Johnson. I don’t mind some of the rookie backups either.

WR is just hope and pray… I’m liking Allen and Thielen right now.

Gotta get some last minute tickets this week too! It’s almost here.

Do you think CMC and Quan will be low owned or high owned? I get the feeling because of such value at RB that they may be low owned week one.

• hautalak

@NDNole said...

Do you think CMC and Quan will be low owned or high owned? I get the feeling because of such value at RB that they may be low owned week one.

Maybe a “bit” lower than you would think but still pushing 20% IMO likely higher. I would say both are top 5 owned. Workhorse RBs never go overlooked even with “value” plays. Duke Johnson can’t help ownership on this slate.

I just need to make sure not to miss the “Conner” this year.

• infantryboys

@hautalak said...

Maybe a “bit” lower than you would think but still pushing 20% IMO likely higher. I would say both are top 5 owned. Workhorse RBs never go overlooked even with “value” plays. Duke Johnson can’t help ownership on this slate.

Duke Johnson doesn’t play on the Main slate.

• hautalak

@infantryboys said...

Duke Johnson doesn’t play on the Main slate.

Hence why I put “can’t help ownership on this slate”…

Loved that trade for the Texans to begin with now it’s even better! Wonder what the Thur-Mon slates will look like?

• Hoods From The Wood

@Wrx_guy said...

Looks like Jacoby is ready. He won me some money in 2017 so I will for sure throw him into a couple of lineups.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044263/article/jacoby-brissett-set-up-to-succeed-after-andrew-lucks-retirement%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dind%253Bteam%253Dind%253Bconf%253Dafc%253Bdvsn%253Dacs%253Bplyr%253Dthomas_brady%253Bplyr%253Dnicholas_foles%253Bplyr%253Dandrew_luck&sr=amp

Those Parcells comments are high praise indeed. He wasn’t known for throwing out many compliments, that’s for sure.

• Hoods From The Wood

@hautalak said...

I can see it all now, NFL/Hollywood A-listers sitting throughout the Fox Theater in Atlanta, Goodell chatting with DeNiro, Ciara polishing Russ’s knob in the ladies lounge… Lights grow dim, the crowd quiets down as Andrew Luck steps up to the podium. “ It is with great pride that I present the winner of this years THE CONNOR, the NFL’s Fantasy Player Of The Year, to my friend, Jacoby Brissett.

• hautalak

@Hoods From The Wood said...

It is with great pride that I present the winner of this years THE CONNOR, the NFL’s Fantasy Player Of The Year, to my friend, Jacoby Brissett.

I like the scenario laid out so eloquently. It’s even better that I’m in Indy! With that being said my expectations are “medium sized” now as that is still a winnable division. I see the Jags comeback as greatly exaggerated. I’ll have some Brissett but will not go overboard.

• Hoods From The Wood

@hautalak said...

my expectations are “medium sized” now as that is still a winnable division. I see the Jags comeback as greatly exaggerated. I’ll have some Brissett but will not go overboard.

I’m not 100% sold on the “renaissance” of the Jag D and with what looks like a Clowney-less D in Houston and a putrid offense in Tennessee that division is up for grabs

• hautalak

I’m not 100% sold on the “renaissance” of the Jag D and with what looks like a Clowney-less D in Houston and a putrid offense in Tennessee that division is up for grabs

Could be an ugly one! Hopefully Brissett (and moreso the Colts) are much more improved from his previous year at the helm.

• 33BeRad

So will Indy come out fired up week 1 or will Luck retiring be deflating for them? If Chargers get up early, maybe with a Brissett turnover or 2 also, they could get deflated really quickly.

• monarch

@33BeRad said...

So will Indy come out fired up week 1 or will Luck retiring be deflating for them? If Chargers get up early, maybe with a Brissett turnover or 2 also, they could get deflated really quickly.

All the talk is that the players love Brissett. Its week 1, I doubt dudes fighting for a paycheck will come out deflated.

• dbullsfan

Nm

• Hoods From The Wood

From week 11 on when Lamar was named starting QB, Ravens avg over 45 rush att/game. #1 RB Edwards avg 40% of those carries(18/g) over that period. With a good O-line vs Miami’s swiss cheese run D, with my 16-20 carry proj, I’m liking Ingram @ 5.1K. 120-1 is not a big stretch and if he gets a couple of catches can get you to 25ish pts

• AVivier

@dbullsfan said...

Hopefully with all the Luck talk this weekend nobody was paying attention to James Washington taking full control of the #2 job in Pittsburgh.Assuming BB plans to try to shut down JuJu week one I think Washington could be a great candidate to break the slate with a couple big TDs

It’s disappointing that the Steelers play on an isolated game week 1 and are not part of the main slate. Would like to play the guys you mentioned as well.

• Hoods From The Wood

@AVivier said...

It’s disappointing that the Steelers play on an isolated game week 1 and are not part of the main slate. Would like to play the guys you mentioned as well.

Wouldn’t those games at least be on the Thur/Mon slate?

• TJRhodes

Is stacking Ekeler and Jackson for all of LAC rushing for $9500 on DK too much?

• AVivier

Wouldn’t those games at least be on the Thur/Mon slate?

Very true, they should be. Vance McDonald is another Steeler to target. Lots of extra targets to go around for them with AB gone.

• Smallchimp

@TJRhodes said...

Is stacking Ekeler and Jackson for all of LAC rushing for $9500 on DK too much?

Do you think that’s any better than going CMC/Barkley for the same price? Their combined floors are probably lower than either of the top guys’ and I can’t see their ceiling being any higher. Not to mention you’re locking up two roster spots. I think you’d be putting yourself in a tough situation.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler