4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dbullsfan

@freeannyong said...

Washington played on 2 of the 20 snaps Big Ben played. Moncrief 19 of 20, Switzer 13 of 20. He is still clearly their 4th WR.

Yeah my bad must have mixed something up, mods feel free to delete my post.

• kdsdawg

@NDNole said...

I could forsee doyle getting something like 6-80-1

what about Ebron?

• dbullsfan

@kdsdawg said...

what about Ebron?

yea I’ve been wondering the same thing, even listening to a few pods I’ve heard mentions of Doyle. I don’t think just because Brissett targeted him a bunch 2 years ago he is all of a sudden gonna jump Ebron. I think it was more of a case of a young QB in a brand new offense just thrown in way too quick and the TE being the easiest check down.

• monarch

Ebron has more of a ceiling for basically the same price. Not many people are going to go Brissett/Ebron. Make a Brissett/Doyle LU just in case.

Brissett will stand in there and allow his guys to get down the field. That should benefit Ebron who runs longer routes than Doyle.

• MARJAC

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Wouldn’t those games at least be on the Thur/Mon slate?

There will be a very nice three game Sunday/Monday Slate. Gotta love the annual opening night doubleheader on Monday Night Football.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Jason McCourty is ranked 13th CB last year and J.C. Jackson was said to have locked anyone down in his height range. Juju will have Stephen Gilmore to deal with, whom was the #1 CB last year. James Washington isn’t going to be left wide open sorry.

• ssilberman2012

@33BeRad said...

Maybe the Vikings defensive matchup will scare others off playing Julio too. Anyway, Julio can win that matchup all game so if you like Julio play him.

projections have him near 20% im out

• ssilberman2012

What about Zay Jones for salary relief? John Brown is the sexy pick but Zay did things with Josh Allen a couple times…

Also I am completely stumped at TE. I just know I am not playing Ertz.

• ssilberman2012

And man I hope everyone plays Brisset. I think he is a quality real-life QB, but what kind of fantasy performance can we really expect from him in week 1 at one of the best defenses in the league? The Colts can win the game, but I think they try not to throw more than 35 times. Marlon Mack is the large-field GPP play here. I know I know, first I tout Joe Mixon and now I am touting Mack what is wrong with this guy…

• XxHeisenbergxX

@freeannyong said...

Hopefully with all the Luck talk this weekend nobody was paying attention to James Washington taking full control of the #2 job in Pittsburgh.Assuming BB plans to try to shut down JuJu week one I think Washington could be a great candidate to break the slate with a couple big TDs

This isnt as bad of a statement as everyone is making it out to be. Ben only played in one preseason game. It doesn’t matter what his rank on the depth chart is Washington and Ben have done a lot of work at camp together and Washington has got a ton of work in the preseason games to build his confidence. They are not going to show their hand with a Week 1 match up vs the Patriots. He will be on the field often to help take coverage off JuJu. Ben will take some shots down field to Washington. Will he get 7 targets probably not but with Washington it takes one shot. As a die hard Steelers fan I would play him over McDonald as far as fantasy points go. They also are wanting production from Grimble this year rather than his usual role of blocker. Pittsburgh is going to be a very hard puzzle to figure out the first few weeks because no one knows who is going to step up offensively. If their WR’s play piss poor you could see a lot of dump offs to their RB’s and Switzer over the middle.

• mnstone14

maybe im just missing it but who are the cheap rbs that everyones playing for cash? Pollard obviously if zeke is out, but who else? looking at under 5500, maybe freeman in a really tough matchup? otherwise think im going barkley, one of cook/johnson/chubb and then hopefully pollard. If not then i imagine everyones paying up as usual… right?

• HoodsFromTheWood

@ssilberman2012 said...

. I know I know, first I tout Joe Mixon and now I am touting Mack what is wrong with this guy…

Only the brave tout who they like… All the rest ask who to play

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mnstone14 said...

maybe im just missing it but who are the cheap rbs that everyones playing for cash? Pollard obviously if zeke is out, but who else? looking at under 5500

Don’t look “so hard”…Freeman, Ekler or Ingram for volume, if Zeke is unsigned Pollard will be chalky, either SF RB, either Eagle RB… close enough to 5.5K to tinker, Carson, Mack and K. Johnson

• mnstone14

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Don’t look “so hard”…Freeman, Ekler or Ingram for volume, if Zeke is unsigned Pollard will be chalky, either SF RB, either Eagle RB… close enough to 5.5K to tinker, Carson, Mack and K. Johnson

if youre saying either rb from the same team, thats not a cash play. volume is king, freeman i saw and i certainly like johnson and mack but theyre more mid tier than cheap. Was just wondering who im missing that was super cheap.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mnstone14 said...

if youre saying either rb from the same team, thats not a cash play. volume is king, freeman i saw and i certainly like johnson and mack but theyre more mid tier than cheap. Was just wondering who im missing that was super cheap.

Sorry, didn’t see“for cash” but I’ll still go with Freeman, Ekler and Ingram for volume, and like I said either SF/PHI RB. If you’re looking for bell cow volume for super cheap… Aren’t we all

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mnstone14 said...

if youre saying either rb from the same team, thats not a cash play

And I’d be curious to know where you end up @ RB for 5.5K< in your LUs so keep me posted

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mnstone14 said...

if youre saying either rb from the same team, thats not a cash play

It might be at <5.5K

• BIF

@AVivier said...

Very true, they should be. Vance McDonald is another Steeler to target. Lots of extra targets to go around for them with AB gone.

Had my season long draft tonight and took VMac as my TE – once there was a little run on TEs with Kelce, Kittle and Ertz gone, I just sat back and waited till near the end on VMac as all of AB84’s targets have to go somewhere, JuJu will get some extras but they aren’t all going to Washington, Switzer and Moncrief plus with no Jesse James stealing some TE targets this year, he should have some upside

• 33BeRad

@BIF said...

Had my season long draft tonight and took VMac as my TE – once there was a little run on TEs with Kelce, Kittle and Ertz gone, I just sat back and waited till near the end on VMac as all of AB84’s targets have to go somewhere, JuJu will get some extras but they aren’t all going to Washington, Switzer and Moncrief plus with no Jesse James stealing some TE targets this year, he should have some upside

Was Deebo or Raymond in your draft? The forum would like to know how they are, especially Squid

• NDNole

@mnstone14 said...

One of the Tampa backs. Whoever is named the starter could probably get 15-20 touches. I know its been split preseason but I think whoever the starter is is going to get the majority of touches in a projected high scoring game. That’s pretty good considering both are 4k or under on DK. I would lean towards Barber.

• NDNole

@kdsdawg said...

what about Ebron?

Ebron has the higher ceiling as someone else has stated. I think Doyle is just the safer guy in regards to the routes he runs which will make Brissett more comfortable. Chargers will be roaring off the edge and Brissett may be quick to dump off. The saving grace for ebron is the colts have a very good line which may give him time to run his more intermediate routes. I think the colts will get behind causing the pass rush to make Brissett get rid of the ball quicker and that’s why I say doyle could have the better game. I actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if they were the top 2 receivers for the colts game 1. Crazy? Maybe but I did lay out my thought process.

Also, I think they will run a bunch of 2 TE’s and keep the game churning with mack. Im not on mack but he could really separate the slate if they successfully hold the ball, get him carries and a td or 2. I have consistently targeted the chargers run D the last 2 years, they tend to give up yards per carry. Matter of fact if I throw in another lineup before week one starts I will probably throw mack in there. You could probably have an all chalk lineup and just add mack and still place high lol.

• monarch

Mack probably also benefits from Brissett over Luck because Jacoby is a better run threat than Luck which along with Ebron/Doyle and no Derwin James should give the chargers linebackers plenty to think about

• TrustinthePlan

@monarch said...

Mack probably also benefits from Brissett over Luck because Jacoby is a better run threat than Luck which along with Ebron/Doyle and no Derwin James should give the chargers linebackers plenty to think about

I was thinking about this as well. Wouldn’t Mack especially benefit more in the passing game? I can see Brissett scrambling his way out of the pocket or simply rolling one direction and passing to Mack crossing over the line and not drawing much attention due to the threat of Brissett’s running.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Last year the Cowboys and Giants matchup, the Bois had no Zeke and threw for 400 yards. Cooper didn’t get much of it, I’m guessing injury or just new to the system. Possibly he was doubled up with no Zeke. I’m assuming Zeke plays week 1. Anyone move Cooper for 100+ yards with no Beasley, and Zeke to take attention off?

Also Odell was not in that game. The Giants managed to put up points, Barkley put up 26 DK… Do I think that theory that Barkley can’t exist without Beckham is rested

• squidkill

I assume on DK your cash plays will come from the 5-6K range Cook/Carson

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).