4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• QualityPlayer

Duke Nukem

• infantryboys

If you’re going dumpster diving for QBs, I’d much rather take a chance on Fitzpatrick than Brissett because he’s actually done it before. He has 400 yard with multiple TD upside and the Baltimore D is missing some pieces. Granted he also has an incredibly low floor and Miami doesn’t have a lot of talent.

I run about 5 or 6 GPP LUs per site and might take a chance on a Fitz/Stills stack and bring it back with Ingram or Andrews.

• AVivier

This is kinda disappointing https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1166447843801993216?s=21

Source: Re: #Eagles WR Desean Jackson fractured ring finger, Jackson was told it is a 3-4 wk injury. He’s scheduled to try out a custom splint tomorrow, at this time. I’m told, he’s not sure what his comfort will be playing w/it, will determine later if he’ll play b4 fully healed

• AVivier

@AVivier said...

This is kinda disappointing https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/1166447843801993216?s=21

Source: Re: #Eagles WR Desean Jackson fractured ring finger, Jackson was told it is a 3-4 wk injury. He’s scheduled to try out a custom splint tomorrow, at this time. I’m told, he’s not sure what his comfort will be playing w/it, will determine later if he’ll play b4 fully healed

OTOH, that would open up room for JJ Arcega-Whiteside.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

@AVivier said...

OTOH, that would open up room for JJ Arcega-Whiteside.

Ertz lock

• timusbr

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Leveon Bell has always been touted for his ability to be patient and see the holes in the lines opening up to bring in the big yardage. He no longer has a top 5 O-line, he has a button 5 O-line. Those holes won’t likely come to fruition so often. They have a much much worse QB than Big Ben, and much worse receiving talent. A new team who is installing a new offense with their new coach. He also hasn’t played in a long time. There’s a few reasons he is priced down a bit.

Thank you for this, I have been thinking about Bell since he sat out. He is toast, career light flickering in the corner of his eye. I never thought he was all that good, Just one lucky son of a bitch who landed on the right team at the right time. Now he will get his 50 yards maybe an occasional TD and will lead the offense off the field on 4th and short.

• timusbr

I cant believe you guys building teams now.. weeks ago.

• shadowchap1978

Primarily play Yahoo anyone like Ekler against Indy’s Run Defense?? I feel this could be a Marlon Mack type play with everyone playing Ekler at 18 dollars?? Or is this dumb? Lol

• kdsdawg

@sanders_tj said...

There’s way too much Brissett talk in here. For QB’s, there are five main stats that are historically the most accurate when it comes to weekly DFS. TD’s per passing attempt, Fantasy Points per passing attempt, Fantasy points per game, Passing Yards per game and Fantasy Points per snap. For Brissett, I took his stats from 2017 since he played all 16 games for the Colts that year.

If you rank all of the week 1 starters in the main slate against each other (24 QB’s), here is where Brissett ranks: 23rd, 21st, 23rd, 21st and 22nd. I’ve noticed that there is a lot of talk around Brissett’s run game on other forums online as an added threat. He averaged 16.25 yards per game in 2017. That’s hardly enough extra fantasy points to consider it a threat. If he had double that amount where he’d be approaching 40 yards, then I can MAYBE see him as a POSSIBLE play since 40 yards is the same as one passing TD. The average winning lineup’s QB last year averaged over 30 points on FD (30.74 to be exact). Brissett isn’t getting you 30 points against any team, let alone the Chargers. The Chargers had the 8th ranked total DVOA in 2018 and were ranked 10th in DVOA against the pass.

If anything, people should consider using the Chargers defense with Luck being out, rather than looking to add Brissett to their player pool. Brissett should be a complete auto-fade for week 1. There isn’t a single stat or matchup that looks to be in his favor against the Chargers in week 1.

can’t believe you are comparing 2017 to this year with the Colts QB situation…I realize you won a GPP, as we are reminded every time you post, if that is the process you use , that doesn’t make you smarter, just luckier…

• Logan7777

@timusbr said...

Hey be ready. Don’t eat the first week hype and god forbid don’t chase the 2nd week fish. Wise men I listen to. You should too.

• timusbr

@Logan7777 said...

Hey be ready. Don’t eat the first week hype and god forbid don’t chase the 2nd week fish. Wise men I listen to. You should too.

So many people wants to compare DFS and poker. So if the old saying is true, that if you cant spot the fish at the table your it. Well I guess I am that fish. I just think first week, last week of the season, and any in between, You want the QB and receiver that hook up for 100+ yards 10 catch’s multiple TD’s. A 100 yrd rusher, a TD TE, and a point scoring defense. Then your in the hunt for some money. whats so hard about that?

• sanders_tj

@kdsdawg said...

can’t believe you are comparing 2017 to this year with the Colts QB situation…I realize you won a GPP, as we are reminded every time you post, if that is the process you use , that doesn’t make you smarter, just luckier…

Interesting. I’ve never taken down a GPP. Where did I say I won one? Stop making things up.

Brissett is a major downgrade at QB. His numbers speak for themselves.

The process I use is based upon historical data of actual winning lineups. There’s a clear pattern in winning lineups and of course there is variance, but for anyone to state that Brissett is a good play because he’s priced so cheap is literally grasping at straws. His price AS A STARTER in 2017 averaged $5.0k per week on DraftKings, so he seems to be properly priced. There’s nothing special about Brissett in week 1. You’re limiting the ceiling of your lineup if he’s your QB in week 1.

• Hoods From The Wood

@timusbr said...

You want the QB and receiver that hook up for 100+ yards 10 catch’s multiple TD’s. A 100 yrd rusher, a TD TE, and a point scoring defense. Then your in the hunt for some money. whats so hard about that?

Sifting thru all the minutia and picking all the right ones?????? Did I get the right answer? Richard

• Hoods From The Wood

@timusbr said...

I can’t believe you’re not

• mnstone14

@Hoods From The Wood said...

It might be at <5.5K

if zeke is out its easy, pollard and move on. If he plays then i may not have any under under 5.5. Johnson, cook and barkley seem like where i would end up if zeke plays.

• Hatchins

@sanders_tj said...

The same thing was said about Christian McCaffrey having a reduced workload at the start of last season by allowing CJ Anderson to get all the goal-line carries and 3rd down work. It never materialized and CMC had a monster year. Until the data says otherwise, Gurley is a workhorse back and should be treated as such.

That is so off base comparing Gurley and his knee to cmc and also comparing cj anderson to Henderson.

• AVivier

@Hatchins said...

That is so off base comparing Gurley and his knee to cmc and also comparing cj anderson to Henderson.

How many touches does everyone think Gurley will get? That’s what it really comes down to when discussing Gurley’s pricing. Would everyone bet over or under on 15.5?

• Hatchins

@AVivier said...

How many touches does everyone think Gurley will get? That’s what it really comes down to when discussing Gurley’s pricing. Would everyone bet over or under on 15.5?

Honestly at 15.5 I dont know if I make that bet. I’d guess I would go over, but week 1 and having legit talent behind him at rb, you would think they would want to keep his usage manageable. But who knows. Makes for a good Gpp play for that reason alone I guess.

• 33BeRad

@AVivier said...

I would bet the over. My worry with Gurley would be maybe he loses some goalline work. Why give him an extra hit from the 1 yd line if you’re trying to limit his touches. I will play some of him but not a ton

• mtdurham

I side in between.

I think there will be enough value in week 1 that I won’t play much brissett in GPP.. If I do it won’t be in single entry or 3max. Probably would be In 20 or 150 max. Will be interested in small private games and would be interested in cash if I played it.

I’m always looking to save money at QB, but not at the expense of FPS.

I do agree the situation is much better this year than two years ago as hes had time to learn the system and grow as a player.

Also helps to know he went to the greatest university in the history of humans when it comes to producing NFL QB’s.

• mtdurham

@timusbr said...

Thank you for this, I have been thinking about Bell since he sat out. He is toast, career light flickering in the corner of his eye. I never thought he was all that good, Just one lucky son of a bitch who landed on the right team at the right time. Now he will get his 50 yards maybe an occasional TD and will lead the offense off the field on 4th and short.

The advanced numbers show bell wasnt very good in his last full season. I’m curious to see if hes healed up but I probably won’t be using him much if at all this season and will just hope he busts each week.

My feeling is that if he starts off well I’d rather fade and hope for regression.

And if he starts off mediocre I’d rather fade and hope for continuance.

I want guys with more upside than what I THINK he will provide this season.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@infantryboys said...

If you’re going dumpster diving for QBs, I’d much rather take a chance on Fitzpatrick than Brissett because he’s actually done it before. He has 400 yard with multiple TD upside and the Baltimore D is missing some pieces. Granted he also has an incredibly low floor and Miami doesn’t have a lot of talent.

I run about 5 or 6 GPP LUs per site and might take a chance on a Fitz/Stills stack and bring it back with Ingram or Andrews.

It doesn’t bother you that he isn’t even confirmed starting week 1? Not to mention, Stills is mentioned in the trading block in a potential Clowney deal. And this is a team that is clearly without any argument, the worst in football. The absolute gutter of 2019.

• speskowi

Great to be back! Am I crazy for thinking QB Josh Allen is a good play week 1? He always seems to get at least 1 rushing TD and 2 passing TD’s per game.

I also like WR James Washington as a sleeper pick vs Pats

• BIF

@speskowi said...

Am I crazy for thinking QB Josh Allen is a good play week 1? He always seems to get at least 1 rushing TD and 2 passing TD’s per game.

In 12 career games he has accounted for 3 or more total TDs just twice so I’m not sure the word “always” is used correctly here.

In his one game last year vs NYJ, he had 1 TD

• squidkill

It’s a Sunday night game though?? Also- by the sounds of the talk out there people are sleeping on this New England defense- as deep and talented as they have been in quite sometime-

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler