4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• texasboss302

Sadly it looks like DK didn’t put out a Thursday- Monday slate.

• siddom

Since most people wont be paying up at RB, whos the preferred pay-up WR ? I was thinking jones?

• Danforth11

@AVivier said...

Pat Mayo Listener Tourny is up. https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/75313973

Does anybody else know of any rake free tournys besides this one? Besides Yahoo of course.

• jsw3ent

For some reason I cant quote

• CleverGroom

@infantryboys said...

Cowboys fan here. I really don’t think Pollard if the free aware a lot of people think he is. He never had more than 15 touches in a game in college and at 6’ #210 isn’t built to be a bellow. Plus Garrett loves him some Alfred Morris. I just can’t see Pollard getting volume here.

Tony Pollard literally played on every single one of Dak’s preseason snaps (and then some). Why wouldn’t they feature him? What was all that about, if not preparing Pollard for the role? Who’s to say he couldn’t have had more work in college, had he not been playing behind a guy (Darrell Henderson) the coaches liked better? I get that Garrett and Alf go back, but that was years ago, when their alternatives were Rod Smith and Lance Dunbar, and Kellen Moore was a backup QB.

Here’s what I know, apart from preseason usage: Tony Pollard is playing for a 7-point home favorite with 3+ implied TDs, a top-tier offensive line, a new OC interested in getting—and likely able to get—him the ball in space, and an over-involved owner/GM/carnival barker who has spent the last month doing everything he can to tell Ezekiel Elliott that he’s not worth a sidesaddle on a sow.

That last bit is important. Garret hasn’t stuck around this long by ignoring or circumventing Jerrah’s whims. If this game descends into the kind of silliness where any reasonable person would be grinding the clock with Alf, I can still imagine Garrett glancing furtively at the man upstairs, then getting Pollard a third TD. Nothing would make a better start to Garrett’s season than giving the old man a 1-0 start and a litany of Pollard highlights over a “ZEKE WHO?” chyron to begin the year.

And sure, maybe Alf can do that job too. Show ‘em that even an elder can replace Zeke behind that line. There’s something a lot sexier, more urgent, and more plausible about an electrifying rookie, though, and Pollard’s been key to this Jerrah narrative so far. I’m not even sure Alf can do it. Dude’s an old 30 and fell under 4 YPC last season.

Also worth remembering that if everything goes to plan, you only need Pollard to get 20+ touches through the first few games, then Zeke’s back. He’s not got some terrifying injury history, far as I know. He’s young and fresh. He’s been gangbusters in camp and the preseason, so I don’t doubt his conditioning. He should be absolutely fine carrying a heavy load to start the year, then possibly taking a step back once Zeke rejoins the herd.

Anyway, Pollard’s Yahoo! salary is the equivalent of $2,500 in DK salary dollars, so what’re you gonna do? Hail Satan, you know?

• dgballer

@CleverGroom said...

Tony Pollard literally played on every single one of Dak’s preseason snaps (and then some). Why wouldn’t they feature him? What was all that about, if not preparing Pollard for the role? Who’s to say he couldn’t have had more work in college, had he not been playing behind a guy (Darrell Henderson) the coaches liked better? I get that Garrett and Alf go back, but that was years ago, when their alternatives were Rod Smith and Lance Dunbar, and Kellen Moore was a backup QB.

Here’s what I know, apart from preseason usage: Tony Pollard is playing for a 7-point home favorite with 3+ implied TDs, a top-tier offensive line, a new OC interested in getting—and likely able to get—him the ball in space, and an over-involved owner/GM/carnival barker who has spent the last month doing everything he can to tell Ezekiel Elliott that he’s not worth a sidesaddle on a sow.

That last bit is important. Garret hasn’t stuck around this long by ignoring or circumventing Jerrah’s whims. If this game descends into the kind of silliness where any reasonable person would be grinding the clock with Alf, I can still imagine Garrett glancing furtively at the man upstairs, then getting Pollard a third TD. Nothing would make a better start to Garrett’s season than giving the old man a 1-0 start and a litany of Pollard highlights over a “ZEKE WHO?” chyron to begin the year.

And sure, maybe Alf can do that job too. Show ‘em that even an elder can replace Zeke behind that line. There’s something a lot sexier, more urgent, and more plausible about an electrifying rookie, though, and Pollard’s been key to this Jerrah narrative so far. I’m not even sure Alf can do it. Dude’s an old 30 and fell under 4 YPC last season.

Also worth remembering that if everything goes to plan, you only need Pollard to get 20+ touches through the first few games, then Zeke’s back. He’s not got some terrifying injury history, far as I know. He’s young and fresh. He’s been gangbusters in camp and the preseason, so I don’t doubt his conditioning. He should be absolutely fine carrying a heavy load to start the year, then possibly taking a step back once Zeke rejoins the herd.

Anyway, Pollard’s Yahoo! salary is the equivalent of $2,500 in DK salary dollars, so what’re you gonna do? Hail Satan, you know?

Thank you for this

• Supanice

@JTAx33 said...

No Pollard?

Swapping in Pollard doesn’t let me get anyone I really want. I already have 3 underpriced bell cows, why swap in a 4th round rookie converted WR to replace Fournette and go from Curtis Samuels to Godwin?

The week 1 pricing is so loose I don’t feel like I need to pounce on the low priced nobodies.

• AVivier

@texasboss302 said...

They have it up now.

• CleverGroom

@Supanice said...

The week 1 pricing is so loose I don’t feel like I need to pounce on the low priced nobodies.

Absolutely right. You’ll need the players with the highest absolute scores to win a pillowy-soft slate like this. Thing is, the three-down feature back for the Dallas Cowboys, hosting the New York Football Giants, has a very good shot at being one of those guys.

If Zeke’s not in pads, Pollard’s simply one of the best plays on the slate, straight up, regardless of salary. The whole savings thing is just a bonus (and potentially even a trap). It’s ownership where he’ll be expensive, but even there, I dunno…whole lotta great plays to bleed off him and spread out the chalk.

• ssilberman2012

@texasboss302 said...

They will. FD did. Duke Johnson priced up at 6,100. All the studs are where you would think price-wise; Watson QB2, Brees QB5, Kamara RB4, Conner RB6 or 7, Hopkins WR1, Thomas WR4. Juju WR5.

AB seems the most overpriced at WR6 for 8,000. I usually love playing cash for these slates but I might stick to main slate.

If anyone wants to h2h for any amount from $1-25 let me know.

• AVivier

DK bumped Pollard’s pricing up on the full Thur-Monday slate to 5k. It’s interesting how little the Vegas line has moved over this, maybe a half point swing.

ETA: They bumped Brissett up to 5.3k. Ekeler stayed the same price.

• ssilberman2012

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

But I do like Jameis a lot, he’s talented and driven.

We’ll see. His talent has always carried him ever since college. I really hope he puts it together. Even as a double-Gator I am rooting for him.

• ssilberman2012

@monarch said...

Ya…if Zeke is out I’ll play a lot of Dak and Amari and let most of you guys have Pollard

Yeah I will have no Pollard GPP exposure but cash lock. What do you think of Gallup though? I like him if there is only Amari to key in on. Janorus Jenkins isn’t that good but not that bad either. It’s hard for me to trust Dak idk!

Edit: CG is in my head now

• ssilberman2012

@CleverGroom said...

Absolutely right. You’ll need the players with the highest absolute scores to win a pillowy-soft slate like this. Thing is, the three-down feature back for the Dallas Cowboys, hosting the New York Football Giants, has a very good shot at being one of those guys.

If Zeke’s not in pads, Pollard’s simply one of the best plays on the slate, straight up, regardless of salary. The whole savings thing is just a bonus (and potentially even a trap). It’s ownership where he’ll be expensive, but even there, I dunno…whole lotta great plays to bleed off him and spread out the chalk.

As usual I love your analysis. Do you think Pollard is almost a GPP lock as well? I wanted to completely fade him but you have me second-guessing

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

DK bumped Pollard’s pricing up on the full Thur-Monday slate to 5k. It’s interesting how little the Vegas line has moved over this, maybe a half point swing.

It’s almost like…running backs don’t matter.

Since my flashbacks are growing increasingly vivid, I just checked and James Conner was $4,500 on DK a year ago. 25.54% owned in the Milly (good enough for RB2 but still psychotically low, given his salary and scenario).

People actually argued with me about that play. Actually told me it was bad, and I was wrong and bad for thinking Le’Veon Bell could just be replaced by some inexperienced bum. Just imagine it.

• ssilberman2012

@siddom said...

Since most people wont be paying up at RB, whos the preferred pay-up WR ? I was thinking jones?

I am scared of his chalk ownership and Xavier Rhodes. I am really unsure who to pay up for though. No stacks I love on the main.

• CleverGroom

@ssilberman2012 said...

As usual I love your analysis. Do you think Pollard is almost a GPP lock as well? I wanted to completely fade him but you have me second-guessing

Revisiting those Conner numbers, I’d say his ownership will be lower than we might fear (people will choose not to save the money since they don’t need it, even if they think he’s a fine play). He goes nuclear and you’re looking at a struggle just to min-cash if you faded. He busts, you look like a genius, but again, lower-than-expected ownership could eat into your edge. Anything in the middle and you could still be in trouble if it turns out you actually did need those salary dollars after all.

Basically I think he’s Dalvin Cook at a discount. So no, not a guy I’d fade.

• AVivier

On Mayo’s show (iirc) they speculated that Pollard’s ownership in the MM would be 30-40%.

• AVivier

@Danforth11 said...

Does anybody else know of any rake free tournys besides this one? Besides Yahoo of course.

Ask and you shall receive. https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/75314003

• tdn316

Bills release McCoy
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045856/article/bills-releasing-veteran-running-back-lesean-mccoy

• monarch

I’d still have to project Pollard to be a top 3 overall back to start removing Dalvin Cook, Carson, KJ, CMC from my LUs. If pricing is too soft for Brissett then it’s also too soft for Pollard at his ownership unless you are projecting 25+ DK points.

Probably a good cash play.

Also to note. These teams just played and the Cowboys ran the ball 16 total times. I feel like 12 plus 5 touches is on the high end. I just generally run away from chalky unproven plays. It might cost me but oh well.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@tdn316 said...

Bills release McCoy

TY for lowering Pollards ownership Mr.Singletary

• timusbr

@CleverGroom said...

Thing is, the three-down feature back for the Dallas Cowboys, hosting the New York Football Giants

Pollard is in play. It seems to me a bunch of ownership will be on him based on the # of posts in this forum. I cant help think…

its the first game of the season with Dallas vs the Giants. What could go wrong?? maybe a NYG upset. Just saying.

• monarch

@timusbr said...

Pollard is in play. It seems to me a bunch of ownership will be on him based on the # of posts in this forum. I cant help think…

its the first game of the season with Dallas vs the Giants. What could go wrong?? maybe a NYG upset. Just saying.

It needs to be accounted for. More people will play Tony Pollard than Saquon Barkley. That’s absurd.

• Smallchimp

@monarch said...

I’d still have to project Pollard to be a top 3 overall back to start removing Dalvin Cook, Carson, KJ, CMC from my LUs. If pricing is too soft for Brissett then it’s also too soft for Pollard at his ownership unless you are projecting 25+ DK points.

That’s the thing I hate about the Pollard play having legs, you’ve got $7-8k RBs priced more than $1000 too cheaply and you’ve gotta put aside 20+ FP hoping you can make it back on a value play. More so, having Pollard and Brissett in my lineup doesn’t seem to really buy me anyone better than I can rocking with 3 of the $6k players. We’ve got probably just about a double digit of solid plays at RB but only 3 spots to lock in. Tough to pass up a solid situation to chase value that’s less needed.

That being said, if narrative says anything and the NFL is just a big production, Pollard is getting 30+ touches so ESPN can have their story for the week and Jerry can rub it in Zeke’s face. If Jerry will say “Zeke who?,” I don’t see how he won’t try to prove a point with Pollard.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.