4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• AVivier

I don’t think Brissett and Pollard are in the same stratosphere as far as cheap plays. Pollard’s ceiling is RB1 on the entire slate, Brissett doesn’t have that for QB.

• monarch

@AVivier said...

I don’t think Brissett and Pollard are in the same stratosphere as far as cheap plays. Pollard’s ceiling is RB1 on the entire slate, Brissett doesn’t have that for QB.

Why do you offer such a high ceiling for Pollard?

• AVivier

@monarch said...

Why do you offer such a high ceiling for Pollard?

Same reasons Zeke would have one here.

Here’s something to think about, Silva has Pollard above RBs like Philip Lindsay for season long right now.

• siddom

i’m so confused with all the value, who do you pay up for?

• monarch

@AVivier said...

Same reasons Zeke would have one here.

Here’s something to think about, Silva has Pollard above RBs like Philip Lindsay for season long right now.

I can do a long thought out post but the short version is….he is not Zeke.

• AVivier

Looks like Clowney to Seattle. Poor Andy Dalton.

• jayzee666

@monarch said...

I can do a long thought out post but the short version is….he is not Zeke.

Neither was Demarcus Murray a few years back. Running behind a great line and he was a GOD!! :) Where is he now??
    Great offensive line, run heavy team, owner, weak opponent, etc. All things point to a good play.

And as usual, there are 10-15 other good plays at RB.
    Play multiple LUs and play him in a few. Or don’t.
    There appears to be good opinions for and against him.

• monarch

DeMarco Murray. Bellcow running back at Oklahoma, bellcow running back everywhere…also like 225 pounds. Not the greatest comp to 209 pound Tony Pollard

• jayzee666

@monarch said...

DeMarco Murray. Bellcow running back at Oklahoma, bellcow running back everywhere…also like 225 pounds. Not the greatest comp to 209 pound Tony Pollard

But he was only good for one particular team and nowhere else?? Just pointing out some factors that would make any RB good on that team.
    Cool, don’t play him. You made some good points and are set on them. Others made some good points and are set on them. Let’s see what happens. Don’t really care either way. I will have him in some LUs and not others. With my powers, th Giants will become a good defense for one game and stuff him.

Also, you could play him AND Barkley in the same LU. Not just either one or the other.

• ssilberman2012

@siddom said...

i’m so confused with all the value, who do you pay up for?

Me too. I am thinking Kelce right now but I easily could back off of that.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

If Zeke is out why wouldn’t you play this guy for 4500? Basic season long logic when it comes to RBs. Draft one who is either super special, runs behind a special o-line, and who gets opportunity. 2 out of the 3 will net you a winner. Add to it the Giants def is not good….other then a fade the chalk type move…pollard has a clear path to a big game at a low price.

• thatkid500

@ssilberman2012 said...

Me too. I am thinking Kelce right now but I easily could back off of that.

Kittle – separates from the TE group and in a potential shootout

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

If Zeke is out why wouldn’t you play this guy for 4500? Basic season long logic when it comes to RBs. Draft one who is either super special, runs behind a special o-line, and who gets opportunity. 2 out of the 3 will net you a winner. Add to it the Giants def is not good….other then a fade the chalk type move…pollard has a clear path to a big game at a low price.

Because hes megachalk and I do not know how he will be used. I can see 12/47 and 3/36 and that’s not appealing to me when he is 35 to 40 percent and I have to evict actual commodities from my LU who I feel have 30+ DK potential.

It’s a soft week. I want 90 plus DK points from my three running backs. A Pollard chalk flop of chalk meh makes it difficult to get there. Also Dak could throw the ball 48 times again like he did last season vs the Giants.

• monarch

I’ll probably play enough volume to get a few shares in to hedge though.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Because hes megachalk and I do not know how he will be used. I can see 12/47 and 3/36 and that’s not appealing to me when he is 35 to 40 percent and I have to evict actual commodities from my LU who I feel have 30+ DK potential.

It’s a soft week. I want 90 plus DK points from my three running backs. A Pollard chalk flop of chalk meh makes it difficult to get there. Also Dak could throw the ball 48 times again like he did last season vs the Giants.

In cash he’s a lock button. If you don’t want to play him, then just don’t play cash.

There’s always a case to fade anyone in a GPP, especially if you’re doing the milly, where you have to best a million people. If you’re concerned just match the field or go a little under. Dallas will use him like they use Zeke…imo. And it’s a home game.

Personally, I wouldn’t full fade, but that’s just me.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

In cash he’s a lock button. If you don’t want to play him, then just don’t play cash.

There’s always a case to fade anyone in a GPP, especially if you’re doing the milly, where you have to best a million people. If you’re concerned just match the field or go a little under. Dallas will use him like they use Zeke…imo. And it’s a home game.

Personally, I wouldn’t full fade, but that’s just me.

294k entries.

I dont play cash so maybe I should have disclosed that.

I dont believe they will use him like Zeke. I dont think his preseason stats nor college stats in the AAC Thursday night football are in any way predictive or how he will do vs the NY Giants and his ownership is another red flag.

But I’m contrarian. I “think” Chris Thompson “could” beat him at 1 percent ownership this week.

• Supanice

@CleverGroom said...

Absolutely right. You’ll need the players with the highest absolute scores to win a pillowy-soft slate like this. Thing is, the three-down feature back for the Dallas Cowboys, hosting the New York Football Giants, has a very good shot at being one of those guys.

Im worried about the savings from Pollard ruining my cash lineup.

Quite a mental hurdle to get over leaving 2k salary on the table.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I dont believe they will use him like Zeke

Why not?

He probably won’t be as effective as Zeke. Yet, they’re likely to run whatever game plan they were going to run with Zeke. For the most part, that’s what teams do when a starting RB is injured or unavailable. Unless we hear Dallas is going committee, I’d assume Pollard will get a good amount of chances.

• manBEAST

I’m a big chris thompson fan but he needs that 1 bang play, Pollard could get most of the run if he scores twice you will need him in tournaments as well.

I think with all the value top skill position guys are going to be highly owned differentiate by leaving salary, something my human mind doesnt like. So many people on Tampa/SF I think it could be an avoid spot if the weather becomes questionable. Seems like PHI D and SEA D will be chalky for good reason. I think Darwin could score week 1 with everyone on Williams.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

Why not?

He probably won’t be as effective as Zeke. Yet, they’re likely to run whatever game plan they were going to run with Zeke. For the most part, that’s what teams do when a starting RB is injured or unavailable. Unless we hear Dallas is going committee, I’d assume Pollard will get a good amount of chances.

He is slight, he does not have a history of doing so, they dont need him to do so…how is he in pass protection?

Even when they get around the goal line. Are they going to ram it in with Pollard when they have Dak or Morris to turn to?

Even Matt Breida who is a reasonable comp if one thinks Pollard possesses Breida’s abilities ceded work to Morris in critical spots last season.

I believe Pollard gets work but I dont think he is plug and play Ezekiel Elliot and it feels like many do.

• monarch

The overwhelming reason I dont like Pollard is ownership. For me to get any leverage in a GPP I would have to max enter and put Pollard into 70 lineups to get ahead of the field. I’m not willing to do that…that’s what makes him unattractive as a GPP player.

I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers here. Just thinking my way through it.

• NDNole

@Playtaw1n said...

He’s going to win someone a million this year and I’ll have some of him every week

Agree

• AVivier

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1167837942687121409?s=21

Here’s the news Dallas has wanted: Talks between the Cowboys and RB Ezekiel Elliott are intensifying, with both sides aiming to wrap up a new deal this weekend, league sources tell ESPN.

We can go back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers here. Just thinking my way through it

Not at all..I asked for your reasoning, you answered, and it makes sense…🍻

I’ll still play at least a field size share…haha, yet your logic is well….logical 🤔

• ssilberman2012

@thatkid500 said...

Kittle – separates from the TE group and in a potential shootout

I mean if you like chalk…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.