4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ssilberman2012

@monarch said...

The overwhelming reason I dont like Pollard is ownership. For me to get any leverage in a GPP I would have to max enter and put Pollard into 70 lineups to get ahead of the field. I’m not willing to do that…that’s what makes him unattractive as a GPP player.

I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers here. Just thinking my way through it.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ll hedge by having him in cash.

Pollard also greatly affects roster construction and ownership of other higher-priced players. I’m gonna have to also X out Julio and Kittle.

• AVivier

Guys, Zeke is playing. Pollard is no longer playable. Schefter doesn’t get stuff wrong.

• baseballislife93

@AVivier said...

Guys, Zeke is playing. Pollard is no longer playable. Schefter doesn’t get stuff wrong.

Sucks Pollard would have lowered ownership on a lot of guys I’m playing

• queensfinest

are thielen, godwin and golladay good options at wr for week 1? hopefully because those are the 3 that i have at wr as of now lol

• NDNole

I think hunter Henry could be the highest scoring TE this week.

• NDNole

The talk will now shift from pollard to singletary. I think he may get 20 because he will get a few targets. If he scores he will for sure get 20 because of that.

• sox9

@CleverGroom said...

Tony Pollard literally played on every single one of Dak’s preseason snaps (and then some). Why wouldn’t they feature him? What was all that about, if not preparing Pollard for the role? Who’s to say he couldn’t have had more work in college, had he not been playing behind a guy (Darrell Henderson) the coaches liked better? I get that Garrett and Alf go back, but that was years ago, when their alternatives were Rod Smith and Lance Dunbar, and Kellen Moore was a backup QB.

Here’s what I know, apart from preseason usage: Tony Pollard is playing for a 7-point home favorite with 3+ implied TDs, a top-tier offensive line, a new OC interested in getting—and likely able to get—him the ball in space, and an over-involved owner/GM/carnival barker who has spent the last month doing everything he can to tell Ezekiel Elliott that he’s not worth a sidesaddle on a sow.

That last bit is important. Garret hasn’t stuck around this long by ignoring or circumventing Jerrah’s whims. If this game descends into the kind of silliness where any reasonable person would be grinding the clock with Alf, I can still imagine Garrett glancing furtively at the man upstairs, then getting Pollard a third TD. Nothing would make a better start to Garrett’s season than giving the old man a 1-0 start and a litany of Pollard highlights over a “ZEKE WHO?” chyron to begin the year.

And sure, maybe Alf can do that job too. Show ‘em that even an elder can replace Zeke behind that line. There’s something a lot sexier, more urgent, and more plausible about an electrifying rookie, though, and Pollard’s been key to this Jerrah narrative so far. I’m not even sure Alf can do it. Dude’s an old 30 and fell under 4 YPC last season.

Also worth remembering that if everything goes to plan, you only need Pollard to get 20+ touches through the first few games, then Zeke’s back. He’s not got some terrifying injury history, far as I know. He’s young and fresh. He’s been gangbusters in camp and the preseason, so I don’t doubt his conditioning. He should be absolutely fine carrying a heavy load to start the year, then possibly taking a step back once Zeke rejoins the herd.

Anyway, Pollard’s Yahoo! salary is the equivalent of $2,500 in DK salary dollars, so what’re you gonna do? Hail Satan, you know?

CG, love your well-thought out posts and detailed analysis. Agree on Pollard. Curious if you have any thoughts on the first game of the season CHI vs. GB? Or anyone else that wants to chime in? I can’t remember all the GB cheeseheads on this forum, but I know there are a couple as well as a couple Bears fans.

• sox9

Anyone taking a shot on Josh Gordon Week 1? He had good chemistry w/Brady the little they played together last year and I think the PITT secondary is vulnerable. Most will be waiting to see how much playing time Gordon gets Week 1, his conditioning, etc. I think he gets full exposure as the #1 deep WR and scores at least 1TD. Other choices are flex are Boyd (w/AJ out) and the ever present James White who no defense can seem to stop inside the 10 yard line

• NDNole

@sox9 said...

Anyone taking a shot on Josh Gordon Week 1? He had good chemistry w/Brady the little they played together last year and I think the PITT secondary is vulnerable. Most will be waiting to see how much playing time Gordon gets Week 1, his conditioning, etc. I think he gets full exposure as the #1 deep WR and scores at least 1TD. Other choices are flex are Boyd (w/AJ out) and the ever present James White who no defense can seem to stop inside the 10 yard line

Take a peek at moncrief. People will be on washington who also a good play. But Ben will sling it and Moncrief is a guy who can make plays if given a chance.

• ssilberman2012

@AVivier said...

Yes! Makes things way harder for casual players.

• Luctyl99

@NDNole said...

I think hunter Henry could be the highest scoring TE this week.

I’m liking a Rivers, Allen, Henry low owned stack

• JTAx33

Zeke’s presence makes this slate so much more playable. Pollard makes it nearly impossible to make a bad lineup, and I don’t see how anyone could possibly not see him as a lock-button. If you were trying to fade Pollard, you were likely trying too hard.

• yisman

Carlos Hyde traded to Houston

Chargers give Gordon permission to seek trade

• chronoxiong

Devin Singletary is a trap. Watch people flock to him because “value” play. Only for the Bills to use Frank Gore and TJ Yeldon for scoring plays.

• yisman

Belichick was not impressed by the touchdowns.

Thomas was just released.

• yisman

Dolphins trade Stills and Tunsil to Houston for multiple draft picks.

A lot of news today.

• AVivier

Baltimore DST and Seattle DST both became monsters for week 1 today.

• yisman

Equa St. Brown on IR. Season lost for him.

• Smallchimp

@AVivier said...

Baltimore DST and Seattle DST both became monsters for week 1 today.

Baltimore DST probably gets bigger Week 1 bump, considering Miami loses their OL immediately and Seattle needs to integrate Clowney in, right?

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Smallchimp said...

Baltimore DST probably gets bigger Week 1 bump, considering Miami loses their OL immediately and Seattle needs to integrate Clowney in, right?

Methinks Clowney is that SPARQ athlete that could step right in and make a difference. And it is Cincinnati. At the 12th man

• HoodsFromTheWood

@NDNole said...

The talk will now shift from pollard to singletary. I think he may get 20 because he will get a few targets. If he scores he will for sure get 20 because of that.

Probably but it’s 2 slightly different situations. Cowboys O should be better than Bills. The ‘Boys are at home. And Buffalo doesn’t have a “coach” Jerry Jones that wants to run Singletary into the ground to show Shady whats what. And maybe the Jets are tougher to run on than the Giants

• HoodsFromTheWood

Real Football

• joe123

like albert wilson and parker now for the fins. fitz has to throw the ball to someone once they are down double digits

• Joeyrockland1

Any interest in Randall Cobb, he’s healthy and cheap

• CleverGroom

@monarch said...

I can do a long thought out post but the short version is….he is not Zeke.

In what negative, fantasy-relevant way is he “not Zeke,” besides salary and availability?

I categorically reject the notion that he is an inferior player for fantasy purposes. I would argue that he’s better, especially as the guy tabbed for receptions in Kellen Moore’s offense.

This is exactly the same logic that led people to fade James Conner last year. It was bad process then, and it’s bad process now.

Totally agree with AV that Jake Brisket’s ceiling is like mid- to high-20s FP—I love Jake Brisket, but even that would be a small miracle in this scenario—whereas Pollard’s ceiling is RB1.

ETA: All of this is off the table if Zeke suits up, of course. We shall see.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.