4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• baseballislife93

@bscott734 said...

For the FanDuel satellite contests going on right now, is the NFL Thursday Million contest usually a single game Thursday contest or a Thursday-Monday contest?

Thursday Milly would only be for Thursday night game

• mtdurham

@CleverGroom said...

Robert Foster had over 100 yards against the Jets twice last year. True story. He’s apparently been running with the second team these days, but we’ll see. Zay Jones didn’t have 100 yards against the Jets, I can promise you that.

While we’re on the topic of bargain-basement WRs, D.J. Chark has been buzzy in camp. $3,300 and hosting the Chiefs in Week 1. Would be swell if he took that second-year leap right out of the gate. Stack him with Nick Foles for the juicy QB correlation (if you think Mahomes will score, logically it follows that Foles will too) and run it back with Travis Kelce or even Tyreek Hill, because I dunno, hail Satan or something.

yeah this is the grimy stuff i love about NFL DFS…. talking about Josh Allen, Robert Foster, DJ Chark, and Nick Foles is like a woman talking dirty.

Like I dont wanna win a million bucks with guys conventional guys. And i certainly don’t wanna lose $20 on conventional guys.

• thedkexperience

@mtdurham said...

yeah this is the grimy stuff i love about NFL DFS…. talking about Josh Allen, Robert Foster, DJ Chark, and Nick Foles is like a woman talking dirty.

Like I dont wanna win a million bucks with guys conventional guys. And i certainly don’t wanna lose $20 on conventional guys.

Seriously … my only single entry football GPP win was because I took 7 players from the same game, a defense against the top ranked passing offense and a supposedly back up tight end who went nuts.

• mathewsmarner

Wilson/Carson/Seahawks. Chalk it up!

• jackinthebox

Football is here wooohoooo!

• CleverGroom

Feeling pretty good about my Twitter lists of beat reporters for the season. Trimmed some folks who’ve moved on, rotated a few between teams, and mostly added new writers. The feeds could be a little thicc with the new additions, which may lead to pruning in the future. In an ideal world each list would be just large enough to be comprehensive rather than exhaustive.

My personal recommendation is to follow one favorite beat writer from each each team and check the lists when you’re looking for a deeper dive (during preseason preparation, for example). Following all 32 lists every day is not practical. I only follow 54 accounts currently and it’s still hours every day if I want to read every tweet.

• fenway2015

Week 1 DK and Fanduel both have milly maker contests . DK entry fee $20.00 Fanduel entry fee $9.00 which contest is the best ?

• mathewsmarner

Smallchimp whats your take on tight end

• CleverGroom

@fenway2015 said...

Week 1 DK and Fanduel both have milly maker contests . DK entry fee $20.00 Fanduel entry fee $9.00 which contest is the best ?

DK FD
    entry fee $20 $9
    rake 15% 16%
    field 294.1k 462,963
    entries cashed 22.83% 25.54%
    cash to 1st 20% 28.57%
    cash to top 10 29% 41.06%
    min cash 1.5x 1.67x

So the answer is, “it depends.” If you want to min-cash or have a chance at winning $1,000,000 for less than $20 buy-in, FD is your ticket. Otherwise DK’s contest has the better tangibles in every regard.

Check out RG’s browser extensions for easier breakdown and comparison of games.

• Csquared1987

Todd Gurley is $7600 on FanDuel Week 1!!!!

Am I missing something?

• CleverGroom

@Csquared1987 said...

Todd Gurley is $7600 on FanDuel Week 1!!!!

Am I missing something?

His arthritic knee?

In all seriousness, I think his role will remain a mystery up until the game kicks off. I’d be flabbergasted if he plays a single snap in the preseason. We can guess, but we just won’t know.

I also low-key think CAR wins that game. Whether Christian McCaffrey has a better score at $8,900 is a different question, of course. There’s a good chance the salaries won’t matter in the end—due to early-season, early salary release pricing inefficiencies—and the highest score wins. Saquon Barkley, David Johnson, and Dalvin Cook are just a few of the other names you’ll have to consider for the same reason.

• kbarnhill7523

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@CleverGroom said...

His arthritic knee?

In all seriousness, I think his role will remain a mystery up until the game kicks off. I’d be flabbergasted if he plays a single snap in the preseason. We can guess, but we just won’t know.

I also low-key think CAR wins that game. Whether Christian McCaffrey has a better score at $8,900 is a different question, of course. There’s a good chance the salaries won’t matter in the end—due to early-season, early salary release pricing inefficiencies—and the highest score wins. Saquon Barkley, David Johnson, and Dalvin Cook are just a few of the other names you’ll have to consider for the same reason.

I think it’s crazy that all of a sudden the conventional thinking is that Todd Gurley is somehow not good anymore. The knee injury was last year. Pretty sure he’s had time to recover. Will he get 30 touches a game anymore? Maybe not. The kind of usage he had early last season was unsustainable. His talent is undeniable and he is the focal point of one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Please, let’s all take the RB in the league’s worst offense from last year with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach who never won anything in college.

You all take David Johnson. I’ll be taking Gurley all day and all night. More talent. Better offense.

• wolfshield

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I think it’s crazy that all of a sudden the conventional thinking is that Todd Gurley is somehow not good anymore. The knee injury was last year. Pretty sure he’s had time to recover. Will he get 30 touches a game anymore? Maybe not. The kind of usage he had early last season was unsustainable. His talent is undeniable and he is the focal point of one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Please, let’s all take the RB in the league’s worst offense from last year with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach who never won anything in college.

You all take David Johnson. I’ll be taking Gurley all day and all night. More talent. Better offense.

Agreed…This will be the cheapest you will get Gurley all year. Clearly priced wrong due to uncertainty.

I will load up and hope the arthritis narrative/fear keeps people away.

• thedkexperience

@kbarnhill7523 said...

While I am in no way shape or form an NFL runningback, I have had the pleasure of having an arthritic left elbow for the last 2 years. Some days, no big deal. It is either totally fine or slightly aggravated but manageable. Other days it hurts like hell and I can barely extend my arm. Sometimes this happens after working out, sometimes it’s just that way when I wake up. Long story short, I really have no idea what makes it better or worse aside from just not using it.

I say this because arthritis is tricky. Gurley could be fine for all 16 games and win OPOY, or he could be functionally retired within 6 months. Likely it will be split somewhere down the middle. For DFS, I’m totally cool with locking him in. In season long there is a zero percent chance I take him.

• hobbes2d

@kbarnhill7523 said...

His knee injury is forever. He had a horrible knee injury in college and very likely based on the little info that has leaked out has some sort of degenerative condition that’s going to cause him problems going forward.

• Csquared1987

Gurley is $7600!!! Win or Lose there’s no way I am missing out on this price. It’s gonna suck waking up Monday morning to look at Week 2 and he’s $9300. Overthink his knee issue if you want to.

• Csquared1987

@thedkexperience said...

While I am in no way shape or form an NFL runningback, I have had the pleasure of having an arthritic left elbow for the last 2 years. Some days, no big deal. It is either totally fine or slightly aggravated but manageable. Other days it hurts like hell and I can barely extend my arm. Sometimes this happens after working out, sometimes it’s just that way when I wake up. Long story short, I really have no idea what makes it better or worse aside from just not using it.

I say this because arthritis is tricky. Gurley could be fine for all 16 games and win OPOY, or he could be functionally retired within 6 months. Likely it will be split somewhere down the middle. For DFS, I’m totally cool with locking him in. In season long there is a zero percent chance I take him.

Who cares about his long term? This is DFS! I care about Gurley for about 4hrs on Sept 8th. After that, he can have all the arthritis in the world.

• kbarnhill7523

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@hobbes2d said...

His knee injury is forever. He had a horrible knee injury in college and very likely based on the little info that has leaked out has some sort of degenerative condition that’s going to cause him problems going forward.

Season long. Check. Dynasty. Check.

Week 1 NFL DFS?

With that contract?

They’ll use him for days and put him on the discard pile. Unless you want to project that his knee will somehow explode in the 1st quarter I don’t see how you wouldn’t be all-in at that price. The “risk” isn’t there.

• hobbes2d

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Season long. Check. Dynasty. Check.

Week 1 NFL DFS?

With that contract?

They’ll use him for days and put him on the discard pile. Unless you want to project that his knee will somehow explode in the 1st quarter I don’t see how you wouldn’t be all-in at that price. The “risk” isn’t there.

They literally didn’t use him with a chance to win the Super Bowl but sure.

• bigez952

@Csquared1987 said...

Who cares about his long term? This is DFS! I care about Gurley for about 4hrs on Sept 8th. After that, he can have all the arthritis in the world.

The concerning part about Gurley is the unknown workload. It was no secret that they overworked him last year and he wasn’t himself for the playoffs. I think this year he won’t be a workhorse back but will be in some sort of timeshare so he can be the workhorse when it matters come January. He is an interesting one week 1 to see how many touches he will actually see.

• hobbes2d

@bigez952 said...

The concerning part about Gurley is the unknown workload. It was no secret that they overworked him last year and he wasn’t himself for the playoffs. I think this year he won’t be a workhorse back but will be in some sort of timeshare so he can be the workhorse when it matters come January. He is an interesting one week 1 to see how many touches he will actually see.

He’s probably not going to play at all in preseason and barely practice when he has arthritis…I’m sure he’ll just be going full bore in Week 1 lmao.

• Smallchimp

@Csquared1987 said...

Season long outlook isn’t as key in Week 1, but the biggest concerns are workload and potential injury. Does he play 100% of snaps he would’ve if he weren’t injured? What if it’s 50-75%? What if on his first run he swells up and he’s out for the rest of the game?

Obviously being dogmatic on either end is a bad call, but there’s definitely a possibility he ends up dudding out and it’ll be because of clues that were visible before lock.

• JaBr

@hobbes2d said...

They literally didn’t use him with a chance to win the Super Bowl but sure.

This is a concern for me and a feather in the cap for those fading/anti-Gurley Week 1.
    With the Super Bowl on the line, Gurley barely saw the field.

But, to argue that… he’s also had a whole off-season to rest up compared to being overworked in-season. I’m really not sure to be honest.

• hobbes2d

@JaBr said...

This is a concern for me and a feather in the cap for those fading/anti-Gurley Week 1.

But, to argue that… he’s also had a whole off-season to rest up compared to being overworked in-season. I’m really not sure to be honest.

It would just seem really shortsided IMO to give him a considerable workload in Week 1.

• thedkexperience

@JaBr said...

The other side is that there are an absurd amount of nearly minimum priced legit RBs in week 1. Marc Ingram in the most run heavy attack in the NFL against Miami for one. KC’s back could get 4x value on accident just by being in Mahomes and Reid’s orbit. I don’t know about “(player-popup #jordan-howard)Jordan Howard”:/players/jordan-howard-35446’s job security in week 8, but week 1 he should get 15 carries quite easily. Marlon Mack is another guy who could smash value on accident.

And all of these are before we get to Saquon being the Giants entire offense or Zeke – assuming he plays – feasting on a bad Giants team. CMC and Kamara. Joe Mixon. Le’Veon. Etc, etc, etc.

There are 15+ RBs who could get 15+ points. Gurley might be one of them, but he might only get 11 touches as they try to “load manage” him like he is Joel Embiid.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler