4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mnstone14

@BIF said...

Lol – how is it a good matchup ?

Look at his last 3 games vs Minny and Xavier “all roads closed” Rhodes

2017 – 2 catches 24 yards on 4 targets; he was never open all game

2015 – 5 catches 56 yards on 7 targets

2014 – 6 catches 82 yards on 8 targets

Zero career TDs versus Minnesota and has not cracked 15 FP in 3 tries

3 game sample size. Some going back 4-5 years… yea, has absolutely no bearing on today.

• thedkexperience

@mnstone14 said...

3 game sample size. Some going back 4-5 years… yea, has absolutely no bearing on today.

It’s the NFL. Unless someone is a division opponent 3 games is a ton. This isn’t baseball. Julio might rip off 225 yards because he’s Julio but 3 games is enough evidence to point that someone in Minnesota knows how to contain him.

Will they? Who knows.

Edit – 3 games is enough in the NFL where if Pat Mahomes had 3 bad games people would be asking if he stinks and 3 great games from literally any skill player will get them into the MVP discussion even if they never played a down in the NFL before.

• AVivier

Breida is listed over Coleman on the SF depth chart, whatever that may mean.

• mnstone14

@thedkexperience said...

It’s the NFL. Unless someone is a division opponent 3 games is a ton. This isn’t baseball. Julio might rip off 225 yards because he’s Julio but 3 games is enough evidence to point that someone in Minnesota knows how to contain him.

Will they? Who knows.

Edit – 3 games is enough in the NFL where if Pat Mahomes had 3 bad games people would be asking if he stinks and 3 great games from literally any skill player will get them into the MVP discussion even if they never played a down in the NFL before.

3 games over 5 years. by no definition is that a huge sample, even ignoring the year to year turnover seen in the nfl.

• Supanice

Todd Monken is on the Falcons now, throw out your previous bias, winter is coming.

• monarch

@Supanice said...

Todd Monken is on the Falcons now, throw out your previous bias, winter is coming.

Did the Browns trade him? Lol

• Supanice

@monarch said...

Did the Browns trade him? Lol

Wait why did i have it in my head he was on the falcons now? I’m losing it.

edit: ohh Koetter. I need to take a lap.

• realphipps

@Supanice said...

• BIF

@Playtaw1n said...

Rhodes was pretty bad last year though and the falcons offense is top 3-5. My only concern is the falcons right side of the oline which could include 2 rookies.

This isn’t the same Vikings defense of a couple years ago. All the draft capital they’ve spent at corner hasn’t really panned out, Griffen had a down year last year after his mental breakdown and they have no pass rush inside at all. Hunter and Harrison Smith are still studs but that’s it imo.

I don’t love Julio because you need him to get the tds for it to be worth it but Matt Ryan and devonta Freeman are pretty elite plays that are going to be under-owned

Agreed – my comment was in response to someone saying “tell me why he is bad play”.

If you are using history or past matchups to make your pay-up decisions, there is a lot of tape to say look elsewhere than Julio. Personally, I agree with your assessment of their defence and I’ve jammed in some Ryan, Ridley and/or Freeman stacks to be more contrarian along with some Cook on the comeback.

• BIF

@NDNole said...

Julio has gotten 25+ without even scoring a TD sometimes. He certainly is usually almost always worth it if you can fit him in.

True but not even close to that vs Vikings in 3 tries – in fact he has not cracked 15 points.

He’s just not worth the price to me where I like Evans, Keenan and a few others priced up in far better matchups.

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

My only problem with Cook is that he has had exactly 2 100 yard rushing games in his career and people are hyping up like Jim Brown.

And those 2 games were against the 2017 Saints and 2018 Dolphins.

Not that the 2019 Falcons are the 85 Bears but yeah …

I just don’t like this game that much. ATL has a talented D when healthy and they are healthy. Minny plays much better D at home and they are healthy and at home. .
    As far as Cook goes, ATl has that speed on D to keep up with him and I want to see Minny’s O-line open up some holes before I believe it.

Going to state the obvious: You want good chalk with a decent shot at a ceiling game. ATL got decimated with injuries last year and I think the public has got that D stuck in their heads. The D that is going to be on the field Sunday is the same D that stopped Gurley in his tracks the year before in the playoffs when nobody else could. Fast, sure tackling, physical D. If ATL’s D stayed healthy last year, I think they would in contention for a top 5 D this year. At least, that’s where I thought they were heading behind a very sharp, defensive minded head coach that just took over defensive play calling duties. The pass happy offensive games and defensive lapse that characterized ATL’s season last year were out of character.

I may be wrong, but I think this game is going to be a really physical, competitive game which basically means you can fade everyone in it.

• mike42

@BIF said...

True but not even close to that vs Vikings in 3 tries – in fact he has not cracked 15 points.

He’s just not worth the price to me where I like Evans, Keenan and a few others priced up in far better matchups.

Why do you like Keenan?

• BIF

@mnstone14 said...

What’s changed in Atlanta in the past 5 years on offense ? Not much. Ryan yup, Freeman yup, Hooper yup, good WR2 yup, etc…

I remember Julio being huge chalk in 2017 and I said don’t play him vs Rhodes – many ppl said the same things you and others are saying and he put up 4.4 DK points…..Four point Four !!

Do what you want but I’ll spend my 8K buys on RBs whose success is not matchup-based or they in favourable game scripts.

• thatkid500

@BIF said...

Hot Take: Golladay will outscore Julio.

• BIF

@mike42 said...

Why do you like Keenan?

He’s Not my favorite play but like the matchup better than Julio

• thedkexperience

@mike42 said...

I just don’t like this game that much. ATL has a talented D when healthy and they are healthy. Minny plays much better D at home and they are healthy and at home. .
    As far as Cook goes, ATl has that speed on D to keep up with him and I want to see Minny’s O-line open up some holes before I believe it.

Going to state the obvious: You want good chalk with a decent shot at a ceiling game. ATL got decimated with injuries last year and I think the public has got that D stuck in their heads. The D that is going to be on the field Sunday is the same D that stopped Gurley in his tracks the year before in the playoffs when nobody else could. Fast, sure tackling, physical D. If ATL’s D stayed healthy last year, I think they would in contention for a top 5 D this year. At least, that’s where I thought they were heading behind a very sharp, defensive minded head coach that just took over defensive play calling duties. The pass happy offensive games and defensive lapse that characterized ATL’s season last year were out of character.

I may be wrong, but I think this game is going to be a really physical, competitive game which basically means you can fade everyone in it.

Well said. I could see Cook getting 12-18 points and playing well. I just don’t see a screaming “best game of the week” banner on him. Chris Carson though …

As for the Falcons D, I’m only gonna target them when they are at home. Falcons can score 30 in ATL on accident so their opponents will likely need to play keep up. I do still think their D needs some more help but no reason they can’t be league average with their secondary healthy.

• hobbes2d

@AVivier said...

Breida is listed over Coleman on the SF depth chart, whatever that may mean.

He always was going to be. It’s funny how poorly people read that situation. I mean it doesn’t matter at the end of the day both will get touches every week.

• NDNole

@mike42 said...

One thing to consider, even when dion was healthy and the falcons D was intact they had trouble stopping RB’s out of the backfield. This goes back a few years and appears to show they concede the rb dump off pass. Just my take on it. I think cook will do just fine. I also think he should be super super chalk just off circumstance alone then add in he is a big play guy as well. I will have him but I will be underweight to diversify from that particular chalk.

• mike42

@NDNole said...

One thing to consider, even when dion was healthy and the falcons D was intact they had trouble stopping RB’s out of the backfield. This goes back a few years and appears to show they concede the rb dump off pass. Just my take on it. I think cook will do just fine. I also think he should be super super chalk just off circumstance alone then add in he is a big play guy as well. I will have him but I will be underweight to diversify from that particular chalk.

They play the same D indy plays which basically lets up easy passes out of the backfield and to TE’s. He’s not a bad play by any stretch I guess I’m just giving some credit to the ATL D for making him something short of a “must”.

• m203

guessing no one talking about mahomes for obvious reasons??? i know he’s 7.2k but i just feel so confident that his floor is 20 with a sky high upside… nice to have that at QB since a down performance by the position kills you off the bat

gonna just not overthink it and stack him/kelce/dede/fournette

• BIF

@mike42 said...

They play the same D indy plays which basically lets up easy passes out of the backfield and to TE’s. He’s not a bad play by any stretch I guess I’m just giving some credit to the ATL D for making him something short of a “must”.

Back to Keenan, that is why I kinda see him getting 10-12 targets (if the game is competitive) on quick slants as middle of defence is where to target the Colts. Between Keenan, Ekeler and Henry they have a few viable options for short passes.

• squidkill

@Hoods From The Wood said...

No, the weird thing is Squid has an uncle that’s his aunt… or vice versa

Even weirder they were married to each other before.

• AVivier

@hobbes2d said...

He always was going to be. It’s funny how poorly people read that situation. I mean it doesn’t matter at the end of the day both will get touches every week.

Yeah, that’s what I kinda thought too. People were going a bit crazy on Twitter over it.

This sounds accurate: https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1169026434708443138?s=21 Tevin Coleman has “almost invariably” been #49ers first-team back in terms of camp reps per esteemed Niners reporter @mattbarrows, who projects a 50/40 split favoring Coleman over Matt Breida. Other 10 to Raheem Mostert:

• HoodsFromTheWood

Still waiting on Zeke

“I’ve been ready,” Elliott said as he arrived at D/FW Airport on Tuesday evening.

Agent Rocky Arceneaux made the flight with the star running back from Cabo San Lucas. He said the sides are “very, very close” to a deal.

• Logan7777

@squidkill said...

Even weirder they were married to each other before.

Only a guy living in his moms basement is qualified to say that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.