4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• CleverGroom

@monarch said...

Devils Advocate on Dalvin Cook who is my most exposed player. Listening to a Raybon pod and he mentioned that Kubiak in Minnesota could change Cook’s role with him obviously running more but a different scheme that actually benefits Thielen and Diggs more in the receiving department which makes sense because Sanders/Thomas were target hogs in Denver.

I wonder if this plus the defensive improvement for Atlanta could be a reason to not go so heavy on Cook and maybe move some of that to Leonard Fournette who projects to play in a much more friendly offense for him and up against a defense that will also be friendly.

I thought Raybon’s take was quite interesting. His main point was that Kubiak will integrate more play action (something Cousins has commented on very favorably through camp). Cook’s target rate holds more or less steady at 4-5/game or so, Thielen and Diggs lose targets but gain efficiency, and overall rush attempts go up (including a non-trivial change-of-pace role for Mattison). Overall it’s good news for everybody in fantasy terms, though you could see the WRs breaking even once they trade some receptions for higher YPR. Mattison can and will vulture Cook at the goal line from time to time.

Setting MIN aside, any reason to play Leonard Fournette is a plus in my book. It’s a pristine spot for him.

• CleverGroom

@miggs6876 said...

Im eating the chalk and taking Seahawk D.

The thing is, I don’t think they’re chalk. People want to play BAL especially, LAC because they smell blood in the water in Indy (for no especially good reason, IMO), and PHI because…hell, why wouldn’t you want to play PHI hosting WAS?

Even if SEA picks up some steam, there’s just a lot of good defenses to play this week. Beyond those first four options there’s also DAL, CLE, BUF, CAR, and DET in no particular order.

This is another high-variance situation where we should favor the cheaper, less-owned options. To my surprise SEA seems to be outside of the top tier, which is fine by me. Gun to my head, I think they’re DST1 on the week. BAL can pull it off, but if you’re telling me I can get SEA at half the ownership and discounted salary, there’s no question I’m playing my Hawks.

• CleverGroom

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Lol didn’t see Ram posts till after my rant

I’m on the Panthers side of that game too. Christian McCaffrey is the best player on the slate. CAR DST is a great play at virtually undetectable ownership (and stone minimum salary on Yahoo!). Cam Newton, D.J. Moore, and Curtis Samuel are all robust plays. Greg Olsen isn’t out of the question either.

Brandin Cooks is fine if you want to bring it back. I’m mostly interested in the CMC/CAR stack, so I’m not sure there’s much need.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Looks like my biggest “forum chalk” will be Allen but I see the same as you guys, him getting peppered with targets. Not as high on Mike Williams on DK but on FD he makes a good play and the deep LAC WR dive is Travis Benjamin.

• squidkill

Y’all might want to see if Keenan is full speed- Ankle injuries in camp and preseason scare me for week 1

• Supanice

Very happy Pollard no longer in play.

• thedkexperience

@Supanice said...

Very happy Pollard no longer in play.

Agreed. Plus you’d have to imagine it likely takes both of them out of many people’s player lists assuming lighter work than usual for Zeke this week.

• speskowi

No way Zeke plays week 1 right? right!? He hasn’t played a snap or practiced with the team the entire offseason. He was in Cabo of all places.

I think Pollard is still in play.

• Supanice

@thedkexperience said...

Agreed. Plus you’d have to imagine it likely takes both of them out of many people’s player lists assuming lighter work than usual for Zeke this week.

Yeah $9200 is a lot not knowing what kind of shape he is in.

• thedkexperience

@speskowi said...

No way Zeke plays week 1 right? right!? He hasn’t played a snap or practiced with the team the entire offseason. He was in Cabo of all places.

I think Pollard is still in play.

I’d be stunned if he isn’t playing. Doubt he gets 25 touches, but he’ll play.

• ssilberman2012

@AdamBski said...

Nobody is talking about the Rams receivers at all… any love for either Cooks or Woods?? Thinking about running Cam…CMC…Samuel and running it back with either of the Rams receivers… thoughts??

A Cam/stack is strictly a GPP contrarian play in my eyes…especially with his health uncertainty

$100 single entry tourney if it makes a difference in the thought process

3 qbs in 26 gpp LUs: Foles, Goff, Cam. 0 Cooks, all Woods. This can change obviously but Cam is basically full health I am not concerned.

• squidkill

LOL Elliott will be out there and will – People that think he sits are delusional. He will play for sure. Just have to wait to see if there is any indication of how much-

• CleverGroom

Don’t play Zeke or Pollard. Just go about your business as if none of this was a thing. Zeke will be in better shape next week at WAS, barring injury.

• OttawaCityMadman

@Playtaw1n said...

Imo the rams offense looks more like what we seen in the super bowl in this one than we did early in the regular season last year.

They are playing the Patriots this week? If no, then no the Ram’s O wont look like it did in the Superbowl

• miggs6876

@CleverGroom said...

I thought Raybon’s take was quite interesting. His main point was that Kubiak will integrate more play action (something Cousins has commented on very favorably through camp). Cook’s target rate holds more or less steady at 4-5/game or so, Thielen and Diggs lose targets but gain efficiency, and overall rush attempts go up (including a non-trivial change-of-pace role for Mattison). Overall it’s good news for everybody in fantasy terms, though you could see the WRs breaking even once they trade some receptions for higher YPR. Mattison can and will vulture Cook at the goal line from time to time.

Setting MIN aside, any reason to play Leonard Fournette is a plus in my book. It’s a pristine spot for him.

What about game script. I fear fournette might.not get the volume if they fall behind early. Any input?

• bigez952

Jason Garrett even said yesterday that if Zeke makes it to practice today he will be in the game. There is a 0.0% chance that Zeke sits week 1. He will likely get most of the workload but it will be hard to trust as his price.

• XxHeisenbergxX

I am not sure I am understanding all the love for Carolina.

• miggs6876

@CleverGroom said...

I’m on the Panthers side of that game too. Christian McCaffrey is the best player on the slate. CAR DST is a great play at virtually undetectable ownership (and stone minimum salary on Yahoo!). Cam Newton, D.J. Moore, and Curtis Samuel are all robust plays. Greg Olsen isn’t out of the question either.

Brandin Cooks is fine if you want to bring it back. I’m mostly interested in the CMC/CAR stack, so I’m not sure there’s much need.

I like Carolina to win the game outright. They are solid at home. Need Cam to be wealthy enough.

• thedkexperience

@miggs6876 said...

What about game script. I fear fournette might.not get the volume if they fall behind early. Any input?

That’s where I’m sitting on it. KC is gonna score 30+. That’s what they do. The Jags D is good but it isn’t in the conversation for best units of all time like the Chiefs who scored 8 trillion points last year.

Personally I’m all over the KC D this week. All it takes is one pick 6 or a return TD. KC is more than capable of pulling that off.

• thedkexperience

Bleacher Report just sent me a push that said Zeke will get 20-25 “reps”. That sounds to me like plays, not touches. I doubt they’d send him in there to block a lot so I’ll assume that means 15 touches.

Basically I’ll play him in full season but not in DFS for 9000+.

• mike42

@CleverGroom said...

Setting MIN aside, any reason to play Leonard Fournette is a plus in my book. It’s a pristine spot for him

Agreed. I remember last year we spent a week arguing if DJ was a good play Vs KC. Any RB who’s going to get a full workload is in play Vs KC, almost regardless of price. The fact that a NO’s born and raised African-American spent 2 months of his off-season in cold Wyoming, away from his family, to train; means something too. I believe him when he says he had nothing else to do in Wyoming but get better. Fournette’s ceiling and median outcome are higher than Cook’s strictly because the matchup is better. Atl was a sieve pretty much only when it’s DT was out and he’s in. Cook isn’t good at finding holes, just hitting them. He shouldn’t have the holes that Fournette should have and ATL’s D matches up well; fast, sure tackling with a run stuffing DT. This is a mediocre matchup for him disguised as a good one. Fournette has the best matchup on the board.

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

That’s where I’m sitting on it. KC is gonna score 30+. That’s what they do. The Jags D is good but it isn’t in the conversation for best units of all time like the Chiefs who scored 8 trillion points last year.

Personally I’m all over the KC D this week. All it takes is one pick 6 or a return TD. KC is more than capable of pulling that off.

KC’s D is an an awesome play when they are at home and an awful play on the road. That’s been the case for years and this year should be no different.

• econbrah11

@ssilberman2012 said...

can change obviously but Cam is basically full health I am not concerned.

I’m on Kupp. Carolina has always been weak vs slot receivers.

• thedkexperience

@mike42 said...

KC’s D is an an awesome play when they are at home and an awful play on the road. That’s been the case for years and this year should be no different.

I’ll take a closer look at that. Thanks for pointing it out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).