4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• js5734

any thoughts on leveon this week – bills D is good but he should be used as a receiver as well right?

• Ace15

@js5734 said...

any thoughts on leveon this week – bills D is good but he should be used as a receiver as well right?

I Like Leveon too, get off the chalk. 15 carries 5-7 targets.

• kps3205s

So my original plan of using Foles/Fournette/Westbrook with Kelce has been erased. I’m more in the camp now of Mahomes/Fournette/Kelce/Watkins. My reasoning…

1- O-Line. LT Cam Robinson played 6 snaps all pre season and is coming back from a torn ACL. How good is Frank Clark?
    2- O-Line Rookie RT Jawaan Taylor is starting his 1st NFL reg season game. Alex Okafor any good?
    3- O-Line LG Andrew Norwell taking on Chris Jones. Norwell is average at best.
    4- Safe to assume Kendall Fuller will be covering DeDe?
    5- Foles has no TE even close to what he had in Philadelphia that can really impact the game.

The Jags starting offense played 2 quarters of football the entire pre season and it was against Miami and scored 1 TD. I understand Nick Foles is a different QB and in practice he has looked really good but I have Allen Iverson’s voice in the back of my head saying “We’re talking about practice”. Oh and they won’t be practicing together until tomorrow for the 1st time this week.

Taking all of this into account if the Jags get behind early I believe Fournette becomes less of a focus and things might become forced but I’m willing to play him in 1 of my 3 LU on DK just in case I’m wrong.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated and good luck to everyone this week.

• JH822547

Just think there’s so much RB value that the upside on punting Le’Veon (and Gurley) is limited and downside is massive.

• js5734

@JH822547 said...

Just think there’s so much RB value that the upside on punting Le’Veon (and Gurley) is limited and downside is massive.

is playing le’veon really a punt with 15-18 carries and 5-7 targets – he could easily get north of 25 points

• m203

@js5734 said...

running one lineup in the $333 with leveon Carson and Fournette as my backs – what could go wrong

same trio. actually feel really good about it

• 33BeRad

There is way to much inference that the Cowboys are going to stomp on the Gmen. Shep and Engram are going to get a lot of volume and, as the Giants seem to do somehow, I think this game ends right around the 7 point spread. 23-17 type game. And if it stays close then Zeke is playing the whole game with some breathers from Pollard.

• js5734

@kps3205s said...

So my original plan of using Foles/Fournette/Westbrook with Kelce has been erased. I’m more in the camp now of Mahomes/Fournette/Kelce/Watkins. My reasoning…

1- O-Line. LT Cam Robinson played 6 snaps all pre season and is coming back from a torn ACL. How good is Frank Clark?
    2- O-Line Rookie RT Jawaan Taylor is starting his 1st NFL reg season game. Alex Okafor any good?
    5- Foles has no TE even close to what he had in Philadelphia that can really impact the game.

The Jags starting offense played 2 quarters of football the entire pre season and it was against Miami and scored 1 TD. I understand Nick Foles is a different QB and in practice he has looked really good but I have Allen Iverson’s voice in the back of my head saying “We’re talking about practice”. Oh and they won’t be practicing together until tomorrow for the 1st time this week.

Taking all of this into account if the Jags get behind early I believe Fournette becomes less of a focus and things might become forced but I’m willing to play him in 1 of my 3 LU on DK just in case I’m wrong.

from rotoworld “The Chiefs also permitted the second-most plays per game (69.8) to opposing offenses last year, setting up Foles and the Jags’ offense for more opportunity as home dogs.”

not many teams will run approx 70 plays on sunday!

look at the saints bucs game from week 1 last year and the chargers chiefs game

• thedkexperience

@33BeRad said...

There is way to much inference that the Cowboys are going to stomp on the Gmen. Shep and Engram are going to get a lot of volume and, as the Giants seem to do somehow, I think this game ends right around the 7 point spread. 23-17 type game. And if it stays close then Zeke is playing the whole game with some breathers from Pollard.

Well Eli does stink so there’s that.

• thedkexperience

@js5734 said...

from rotoworld “The Chiefs also permitted the second-most plays per game (69.8) to opposing offenses last year, setting up Foles and the Jags’ offense for more opportunity as home dogs.”

not many teams will run approx 70 plays on sunday!

look at the saints bucs game from week 1 last year and the chargers chiefs game

The Ravens AVERAGED 68 plays a game last year. Not sure what it is just on the LJ split but it’s gotta be above 70.

If you pray at the alter of plays per game Lamar Jackson is your savior.

Oh … and they play the Dolphins.

• Luctyl99

Evan Engram is going to be 2% owned and get peppered with targets

• NDNole

@kps3205s said...

I assume you are either a jags fan and in jax or at least one of those two lol. Jags havnt shown much but I really liked the glimpse of fournette that I saw. I think he will be a top fantasy back all year and he will get more receptions out of the back field. Fuller may not be on DD all game because DD moves a lot and may be in the slot a lot. Even if he is on DD the whole game it sure looks like DD is going to be a target hog.

Foles is the x factor, the jags will be much better if just by the simple fact he can complete a dump off to the rb or a simple out that bortles never could. They will move the ball, the defense for the jags wont be as tired and a chain reaction of pressure from the defense on the opposition and them actually moving the ball I can see a remake of the 2017 season. Tevin was a big part of that so maybe not as many explosive defensive td plays but you get the point. I said all that to say I think the jags offense will take a big step forward. When bortles played adequate in 2017 this team was a monster. Foles can do that and thats whats make this offense a sleeper as a whole. My guess DD gets at least 10 targets easy and fournette might get 4 or 5. I expect a huge game from fournette.

• deeebo

is anyone paying up for studs for wrs? for cash?

• js5734

ill have one most likey

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

You mean Jason Witten?

• Luctyl99

@thedkexperience said...

You mean Jason Witten?

I won’t be caught dead fostering jason Witten ever again, I honestly think he might retire after 3 games this year

• monarch

Jason Witten will be 0.00000 percent plus whatever thedkexperience has.

• tmarohl

I see the FD Sunday Million is roughly 350,000 entries from filling. I have 70 lineups to work on from satelites.
    I have never really tried football on DK, but the Millionaire is about 220,000 from filling.

My guess is that there will be some overlay in both of those contests, and that week 2 prize pools will be smaller.

• forthemasters69

@Luctyl99 said...

by Eli Manning….

• BIF

@infantryboys said...

Godwin, DeDe, Jarvis….

There might be 10K lineups in the Milly with those 3 WRs stacked with each of their QBs

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mnstone14 said...

. In the last 3 days ive been talked into locking chubb, then completley off him and onto fournette, and going from barkley to cmc.

These are not the droids you are looking for

• infantryboys

@BIF said...

There might be 10K lineups in the Milly with those 3 WRs stacked with each of their QBs

Probably, but he was asking about cash WRs.

• Alstaire

@mike42 said...

It was a good post. That’s what this forum should be more about. People who listen to hours of stuff every week about their home team and share it.

That was Post of the Year so far! ;)

• BIF

@deeebo said...

is anyone paying up for studs for wrs? for cash?

Only the people that don’t cash

Deebo, you know winners don’t do that – don’t mess with the system.

• BIF

@infantryboys said...

Probably, but he was asking about cash WRs.

I think those 3 will be very popular in both – many in cash will have at least 2 of them depending on how much they pay up at QB, TE or DST

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).