4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

Geronimo 0 targets. Miller 1 Target. No offensive depth on either team. Not sure either team would make it past the first game of the playoffs, even if they make the playoffs.

• sox9

As a Packer fan, I am really worried. Jamaal Williams should not even be in the NFL, let alone handling touches. Aaron Jones looks like he is gonna go down w/an injury just about as quick as Arian Foster. The D and the OL were solid, better than solid. Everything else looks really rusty and plain vanilla. Compare that offense to KC and Mahomes, or the Rams, or the PATS. It’s like they are living in 1959.

• Smallchimp

@sox9 said...

L0ts of money lost tonight. Lots of people gonna swear off single game contests as black holes for their fantasy money.

Realistically they are probably the biggest black hole format for the average player, you’ve gotta nail the game script and essentially know how the teams operate down to a snap share level. Not to mention you’re toast if it’s a low scoring game and you don’t have the TD scored. IDK, they’re presented as sort of a one-off format where you just pick a few plays and go but realistically they might have one of the highest time investment:money earned ratios of the formats.

• Alvy76

So is the nfl grind down a premium article now?

• sox9

@Smallchimp said...

Realistically they are probably the biggest black hole format for the average player, you’ve gotta nail the game script and essentially know how the teams operate down to a snap share level. Not to mention you’re toast if it’s a low scoring game and you don’t have the TD scored. IDK, they’re presented as sort of a one-off format where you just pick a few plays and go but realistically they might have one of the highest time investment:money earned ratios of the formats.

Well I had Jimmy Graham in several LUs but not as MVP and dropped $200, so……actually half of it was earned tickets, but still it sucks. Like everyone I was heavy AROD/Adams, Graham was a hedge but should have been way overweight since I figured they wanted to get him off early in the season w/a TD after last year. Just didn’t have the balls to play the hunch heavy. Like the Packers and Bears my play call was conservative, vanilla and uninspired—taking almost no risk

• timusbr

So some comments on lack of pre-season play contributed to the game style. I agree and think, this game goes in the garbage. forgetting it right away. (who said denial is not a river in Egypt). so many offensive issues …3rd and 40 cmon. the play calling was for shit. Must have had 4-5 trick plays that all flopped. I swear Trubisky was under orders not to throw a pick in the first few series. But he also got real lucky he didnt throw 2 pics soon after. The offensive line was touted as better than average, They were beat pretty soundly IMHO.

Hey Bif you were right, Montgomery is in the passing game.

• sox9

Lucky for CHI three of the next four games are against DEN, WASH and OAK. After that it gets a little tough

• 33BeRad

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Regression was due for bears.

HAHAHAHA! It’s game 1

• 33BeRad

@sox9 said...

Lucky for CHI three of the next four games are against DEN, WASH and OAK. After that it gets a little tough

Don’t overlook the game next week at the Broncos. The first 2 weeks of the season the Broncos are very tough to beat at home. Not everyone is in game shape yet because nobody plays the preseason anymore and with the altitude it is a factor. Just look at the last 2 years. Plus Fangio is the head coach and knows the Bears players, especially how bad Trubisky really is at reading the field

• timusbr

Here are the links for the rake free contests. The Mayo is almost full.
    edge https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/75314003

mayo https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/75313973

thanks to the someone who posted these originally.

• JTAx33

@sox9 said...

In Denver against old friend Vic Fangio doesn’t sound like an optimal next opponent to me

• BIF

@JTAx33 said...

In Denver against old friend Vic Fangio doesn’t sound like an optimal next opponent to me

Also the Bears are facing yet another Elite Super Bowl winning QB in Joe “straight fire” Flacco 🙄

• BIF

DK upped the main Sunday Night Showdown contest to $12 instead of $10

• JTAx33

@BIF said...

I’m just here for the overlay

• mike42

@sox9 said...

denver is not going to be easy in week 2. That's basically like NE in week 18. Neither of those teams lose during those weeks. It’s something like 14-2 the first 2 weeks of the year at mile high.

• mike42

@BIF said...

Who you thinking for QB’s on sunday? I’m coming up with plays everywhere but QB, outside of game stacks. I like DAK, Wentz and Jimmy G a little. Nothing I’m really excited about.

• gaelicgirl

@chronoxiong said...

That game was so boring. Talk about making me yawn. I rather watch the FIBA World Cup which I can’t because it airs in the early mornings while everyone is still sleeping. And plus, it airs on ESPN + which also sucks.

Set your alarm, ESPN+ is only $4.99/month…every game has been more entertaining than this was.

But YAY, PACKERS! LOL Glad they won tonight.

• infantryboys

@Alvy76 said...

I know, right. The articles on this site used to be decent but in the last year its turned into a money grab. I’m going to pay money to read a tout I don’t know is doing better than I am, and I have a positive ROI in NFL? Not gonna happen.

• BIF

@mike42 said...

Who you thinking for QB’s on sunday? I’m coming up with plays everywhere but QB, outside of game stacks. I like DAK, Wentz and Jimmy G a little. Nothing I’m really excited about.

I’ll have those guys plus some Mahomes, Jameis, Baker and a couple Allen.

I backed off a bit on Wentz pending Alshon’s health as he was limited today and DJax still has a gimpy finger.

• tmarohl

@Alvy76 said...

Looks free to me. https://rotogrinders.com/grind-downs/nfl-grind-down-week-1-3107637

• depalma13

@tmarohl said...

Looks free to me. https://rotogrinders.com/grind-downs/nfl-grind-down-week-1-3107637

Try clicking the second game and you will see it is not free.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

I had Jimmy Graham as my FD captain, but didn’t receive a payout. Anyone else have this?

• mtdurham

That game was an absolute disgrace. Worse than the ATL – phl opening game last year when matt ryan went 0-17 passing in the red zone

• Jman9920

I won 1st in the fanduel .5 cent game. Had Robinson as the mvp. Robison Graham trubisky Valdes and rodgers

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Good thing I didn’t invest a lot of time and money into watching that game!

With that being said happy with the outcome. I know it’s the first game but coming into this year I never viewed the Bears as “elite” or even the top team in the division. I think last season was a bit of a fluke. Still gonna say their D is one of the best for sure. But if that stinker doesn’t get me excited for Sunday I don’t know what will.

Also won my first sports bet taking the Pack money line. Only bet $5 but it was more than a “double up” so it seems betting could supplement my cash game plays. Too bad I still need my private games for achievement purposes.

Last but not least congrats winners last night! That was a tough one to get right.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).