4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Luctyl99

@Hoods From The Wood said...

So I want to differentiate my LU from others. After my 3 high owned RBs. Unfortunately, I also like some players from the higher projected O/U games. More high ownership there. Not sure of the terminology but would a 5-6 player from the same game stack give me a more contrarian build or is everyone doing it? Asking for a fish

Would think that would for sure be contrarian, but if that game duds even if the slightest you are probably screwed

• AdamBski

So how many ppl chopped the DK milly last night??

• JTAx33

@AdamBski said...

So how many ppl chopped the DK milly last night??

• realphipps

So, how about that David Johnson guy? He’s gonna eat, as the kids say these days.

• tmarohl

Does anyone know when the Grind Down is going to post something for the Tennessee V Cleveland game?

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Luctyl99 said...

Would think that would for sure be contrarian, but if that game duds even if the slightest you are probably screwed

So hard to get that GPP winning LU no matter what your build strategy is so if it is a contrarian and the game hits (and I have the 5-6 that do the hitting lol), advantage me. Just not sure if it’s as contrarian as I think it is

• siddom

Thoughts on Thielen? Some touts are high on him while others arent

• Ace15

Breida or Coleman? Coleman is 1k more on DK…

• wilks3579

Somebody work through this with me; lower priced WR’s on DK (other than Curtis Samuel) that I feel are in great spots are, Marv Jones, Ridley, Gallup, Marquise Goodwin and Kirk (or Fitz). I can’t seem to narrow down the list and one or two of these guys are going to push someones lineup to the top of the leader board. Would love some thoughts from others

• Kamais_Ookin

@mike42 said...

Stafford- Other side of this game will be chalky but he is coming off an outlier year that was obviously due to injury and a new freak coach. ARZ got a pulse up front but should be a complete sieve in the back end. We know DET should dominate TOP and push for 70 snaps and he’s got 2 great deep threats, a dynamic pass catching back and TE. I’ve been looking for a good “sharp” play at QB and I think he is it. Jim Bob Cooter was not a DFS friendly OC, not that the new one is, but this sets up well for the DET passing game.

I think lions just straight up win, don’t know why their spread is so low probably will take it.

• NDNole

A rb is gonna smash at low ownership and we will all be in here sunday night asking why we didn’t see something so obvious. If cook, fournette, carson, and some of the other mid priced rb’s are all gonna be chalk then all its gonna take is for quan or cmc or one of the other rb’s above 7k to do big boy things and ruin everyones day. if CMC comes out and pops a 40 or 50 burger your gonna have to have him. But…………………………..the mid priced guys are in smash spots and they could be the ones to do it LOL! Decisions Decisions.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Kamais_Ookin said...

I think lions just straight up win, don’t know why their spread is so low probably will take it.

That’ll be $1.98. Thank you have a nice day

• HoodsFromTheWood

@NDNole said...

A rb is gonna smash at low ownership and we will all be in here sunday night asking why we didn’t see something so obvious. If cook, fournette, carson, and some of the other mid priced rb’s are all gonna be chalk then all its gonna take is for quan or cmc or one of the other rb’s above 7k to do big boy things and ruin everyones day. if CMC comes out and pops a 40 or 50 burger your gonna have to have him. But…………………………..the mid priced guys are in smash spots and they could be the ones to do it LOL! Decisions Decisions.

That’ll be $4.50. Come again

• BIF

@Kamais_Ookin said...

A sobering thought might be to look at last year’s Week 1 game where the Lions were hyped and hosted the lowly Jets and their rookie QB in his first NFL game.

Final Score
    NY Football Jets 48 Detroit Kitties 17

and that game was IN Detroit !!

• mike42

@NDNole said...

Or a bunch of guys in equally good spots score about the same and it didn’t matter. I think a lot of these guys are going to score 20-30ish and they are all in the same price range (5-6kish). I think the chalk hits at RB and it’s the rest of your LU that is going to make a difference. Which game to focus on? Which TE or D? Like one of the D’s will score 20 and the other chalky D’s will get 7-10 and that will matter more. TB game duds but the ARZ or DAL game blows up. Kelce goes for 30, noone else comes breaks 20.

Easy for a RB to break 20, hard to break 30. Carson goes for 24, Lenny for 29, Cook for 19 but the PHILLY D posts a shutout and scores 22. That type of thing. Think the 4-5K WR is going to matter more than the 6Kish RB’s. One goes off for 30, the others don’t break 15.

• queensfinest

kerryon johnson or fournette?

• speskowi

Todd Gurley or Dalvin Cook?

Both have chance to have usage cut by backups, especially at goal line. I could also see Gurley getting hurt after the first run just like the playoffs last year

• HoodsFromTheWood

@wilks3579 said...

Somebody work through this with me; lower priced WR’s on DK (other than Curtis Samuel) that I feel are in great spots are, Marv Jones, Ridley, Gallup, Marquise Goodwin and Kirk (or Fitz). I can’t seem to narrow down the list and one or two of these guys are going to push someones lineup to the top of the leader board. Would love some thoughts from others

My pick would be Goodwin, healthy and in a projected shootout vs what should be a sub-par D.
    I think Jones has volume concerns, they should have some success running the ball and that seems to be what they want to do.
    Ridley averaged 5.8 tgts/game last year + a tougher than average opponent
    I wanna like Ari. WRs but the jury is out on the air raid offense, and that OL
    Lol I’m a Cowboy fan and I daydream a lot. No basis for this whatsoever but what the heck. Lot of pre-season hype on the Gallup train. Lot of pre-season talk about Amari’s foot. Cowboys will extend Dak. Can’t afford to do that with Amari. Spend the year using/abusing Amari while grooming Gallup as next seasons #1

• NDNole

@speskowi

I think gurley will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower owned than dalvin. Anyone have ownership projection on gurley? And I don’t think they will be taking out gurley at the goaline being the stud he is. If he is getting breathers it will def be between the 20’s not the money carries in the redzone.

• Money0227

@queensfinest said...

kerryon johnson or fournette?

Fournette this week for me.

• NDNole

@mike

You could be right about the backs all hitting as chalk. I just don’t think it will because it makes too much sense and we all know dfs is not about sense lol. At least one wacky thing will come about and someone at like 5% will be the back breaker. I do agree about the defense and the mid to low wr being the real difference. But it wouldn’t shock me at all if carson got 18, or chubb got 15 etc.. Dalvin and fournette I am pretty sure are going to smash but everyone else thinks the same.

I keep wanting to play perriman but I just cant. Choosing the right one off wr is likely the key this week amongst all the chalk.

• TJRhodes

@NDNole said...

A rb is gonna smash at low ownership and we will all be in here sunday night asking why we didn’t see something so obvious.

P. Barber 3TD game when everyone’s on Evans and Godwin.

• NDNole

@ TJRhodes “peyton barber 3TD game when everyone’s on Evans and Godwin”

LOL! I would laugh all the rest of the day over that if it happened. I’l do ya one better.

Barber 2 Td’s a Jones TD and jameis with a qb sneak TD. 4 td’s and none via the passing game. Oh, the broken hearts that would cause.

• kps3205s

Rick Stroud
    @NFLSTROUD
    ·
    1h
    WR Mike Evans did not practice. Bruce Arians said he had an illness that’s been going around but should be good by Sunday. The only players out are S Justin Evans and QB Blaine Gabbert.

Ummm what bug or illness has been going around???

Edit: LB Demone Harris missed Wednesday’s practice with an illness also according to Stroud.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@TJRhodes said...

P. Barber 3TD game when everyone’s on Evans and Godwin

How “DFS” would that be lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).