4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mailnurs

@Briancobb33 said...

Why would a drop in demand

I never said drop in demand! But if a bunch of people are freeloading instead of paying a reasonable fee, it could cause a rise in price?! But i’m no economics professor. But yes I definitely support paying for things you love, and we all love redzone and Sunday ticket. The prices are certainly reasonable. Just like the rake on the fantasy sites, instead of complaining and demanding zero rake, just don’t complain because that is how they bring us such an awesome product.

• Danforth11

@mailnurs said...

I never said drop in demand! But if a bunch of people are freeloading instead of paying a reasonable fee, it could cause a rise in price?! But i’m no economics professor. But yes I definitely support paying for things you love, and we all love redzone and Sunday ticket. The prices are certainly reasonable. Just like the rake on the fantasy sites, instead of complaining and demanding zero rake, just don’t complain because that is how they bring us such an awesome product.

All I’m saying is it used to be cheaper. I’ve talked to multiple cable companies one quoted $320 and the other $400. Sunday ticket was cheap but not the same content as red zone. Sling tv may be cheap but it’s gonna be a minute behind, 30 fps, and idk if its a $10 a month upgrade from a current service they offer or for just outright general. Because for most people who don’t have cable and only have internet but consider getting cable for red zone it could be an increase of $70-$80 a month. Not to mention Uverse has lied to many of their customers about the channel. It’s all bs.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

FanDuel just announced the World Fantasy Football Championship thing they do every year and it’s going to be in Puerto Rico from December 12th through the 15th. The live final will have folks competing for a prize pool of $2.5 million with $500,000 being the 1st place prize. There is also a WFFC Fan Championship with a prize pool of $3.5 million with $1 million being the first place prize. I hope I get in. I already got into the baseball one last year by sheer luck.

• baseballislife93

@DaBum2012 said...

FanDuel just announced the World Fantasy Football Championship thing they do every year and it’s going to be in Puerto Rico from December 12th through the 15th. The live final will have folks competing for a prize pool of $2.5 million with $500,000 being the 1st place prize. There is also a WFFC Fan Championship with a prize pool of $3.5 million with $1 million being the first place prize. I hope I get in. I already got into the baseball one last year by sheer luck.

1st should be 1m not 500k for a big contest like that

• DaBum2012

@baseballislife93 said...

1st should be 1m not 500k for a big contest like that

When I saw that, it makes you not want to do the live final, but the fan championship at home, lol! Never mind the fact that parts of PR is still tore up from the hurricane.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

Dont know if there was one that already existed but I created a RotoGrinders NFL forum league on DraftKings

Here is link for anyone who wants to join

https://dkn.gs/r/5nM3DSye4keJRTzbbM8_Rg

If link doesnt work just PM username and I’ll invite you

• baseballislife93

@DaBum2012 said...

When I saw that, it makes you not want to do the live final, but the fan championship at home, lol! Never mind the fact that parts of PR is still tore up from the hurricane.

Remember I spent so much money on qualifiers to get into fan championship finally got it through NBA but then realized u could just buy in like a regular contest 😂

• queensfinest

jimmy g or cousins week 1? they both have great matchups

• baseballislife93

@queensfinest said...

jimmy g or cousins week 1? they both have great matchups

Jimmy G in Gpp, Cousins in cash

• BIF

@fenway2015 said...

Week 1 DK and Fanduel both have milly maker contests . DK entry fee $20.00 Fanduel entry fee $9.00 which contest is the best ?

Neither unless you plan on winning the Million otherwise about 40-45% of every dollar invested goes to the Milly winner and the Rake.

Play single entry, 3-max and 5-max contests with a flatter structure if you still want to have a bankroll by Thanksgiving.

Playing the Milly Maker is the best way to separate yourself from your money. I only play it with tickets that I’ve won for $3 or less so I usually keep my average ticket cost down to $8-$10. At that price, it is sustainable.

• mailnurs

@BIF said...

Neither unless you plan on winning the Million

He is right! if you don’t believe in yourself don’t bother trying, you’ve already lost

• AVivier

@mailnurs said...

He is right! if you don’t believe in yourself don’t bother trying, you’ve already lost

THIS was your takeaway from what BIF said?

• mailnurs

@AVivier said...

what BIF said

you can believe in yourself and follow your intuition, or let some guy named BIF say you can’t do it!! the choice is yours!!!

• selorogacevo

@BIF said...

Neither unless you plan on winning the Million otherwise about 40-45% of every dollar invested goes to the Milly winner and the Rake.

Play single entry, 3-max and 5-max contests with a flatter structure if you still want to have a bankroll by Thanksgiving.

Playing the Milly Maker is the best way to separate yourself from your money. I only play it with tickets that I’ve won for $3 or less so I usually keep my average ticket cost down to $8-$10. At that price, it is sustainable.

what does everyone think of Fantasy Draft going Rake Free on the site ???
    Including
    $1Million Rake Free GPP week 1

• BIF

@selorogacevo said...

what does everyone think of Fantasy Draft going Rake Free on the site ???
    Including
    $1Million Rake Free GPP week 1

Rake free yes but you pay a fee to deposit money and a monthly membership fee so while it is much less than DK, there is still a “rake”

Contest selection options are limited on their site as well – DK has numerous single entry, 3-max and 5-max options at various price points and contest sizes.

Also, Fantasy Draft’s website and App look like they were built in 1999 – the user experience couldn’t be much worse IMO.

Finally, I like transparency and DK publishes the CSV file for every contest so can see everyone’s lineup.

• BIF

@mailnurs said...

you can believe in yourself and follow your intuition, or let some guy named BIF say you can’t do it!! the choice is yours!!!

Well I’ve seen a lot more people go broke (both in DFS and Sports Betting) believing in themselves than I’ve seen win the Milly.

• BIF

@AVivier said...

THIS was your takeaway from what BIF said?

How’s preseason going ?
    I’ve only been running a single bullet so far and am out of town this weekend with too many hours spent in the vehicle so not doing much NFL.

• AVivier

@BIF said...

How’s preseason going ?
    I’ve only been running a single bullet so far and am out of town this weekend with too many hours spent in the vehicle so not doing much NFL.

Up in cash, down in GPP. Down a small amount overall. That said, nothing is better in the world than better real cash money on Nathan Peterman. Good luck this year man!

• BIF

@AVivier said...

Up in cash, down in GPP. Down a small amount overall. That said, nothing is better in the world than better real cash money on Nathan Peterman. Good luck this year man!

Thanks – good luck to you too!!

I’m finishing off the golf season well and have a bit of a bankroll for NFL; I cashed for $4K in FGWC yesterday and won a $5K PGA Trip in the FGWC Showdown Survivor.

• AVivier

@BIF said...

Thanks – good luck to you too!!

I’m finishing off the golf season well and have a bit of a bankroll for NFL; I cashed for $4K in FGWC yesterday and won a $5K PGA Trip in the FGWC Showdown Survivor.

Congrats, awesomeness!

• DaBum2012

@baseballislife93 said...

Remember I spent so much money on qualifiers to get into fan championship finally got it through NBA but then realized u could just buy in like a regular contest 😂

At least if you do the qualifiers, you don’t have to drop that $250 entry fee and you could get in at a fraction of the cost-only problem is, you have to pray to win it.

• selorogacevo

@BIF said...

Rake free yes but you pay a fee to deposit money and a monthly membership fee so while it is much less than DK, there is still a “rake”

Contest selection options are limited on their site as well – DK has numerous single entry, 3-max and 5-max options at various price points and contest sizes.

Also, Fantasy Draft’s website and App look like they were built in 1999 – the user experience couldn’t be much worse IMO.

Finally, I like transparency and DK publishes the CSV file for every contest so can see everyone’s lineup.

The monthly fee translate to barely 1% Rake, huge difference

and they posted part of NFL Week 1 and they have a great selection
    $ 1 Million gpp
    Various single entries
    3-max and 5-max
    At various price points

• mtdurham

@BIF said...

Agreed with the satellites. I had a lot of luck in the $3-$5 satellites winning tickets to the milly maker… id win ~3-4 tickets for about half the cost of buyin… then buyin and eat about -50% ROI in the milly and wind up close to break even overall. But with a shot at the glory hole

• sanders_tj

Anyone have a good website that shows the winning lineups for the large GPP’s on both FanDuel and DraftKings? I am statistically breaking down the winning lineups, but I only entered 12 of the first 16 weeks so there are 4 winning lineups that I can’t break down because I’m not sure of the winning lineups.

• baseballislife93

Would be nice if luck doesn’t play week 1 lower ownership of guys like Murray
    Brissett will be pretty popular or am I wrong

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).