4:05 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at LA Chargers ( -3 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:25 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7.5 ) at Dallas ( -7.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( (Pick) ) at Tampa Bay ( (Pick) ) —- T: 49
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 6 ) at New England ( -6 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/9
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 53.5
    10:20 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Oakland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Luctyl99 said...

I like the chargers d tomorrow. 4000 on fanduel, home favorites. I respect brissett and that offense. I just like that to be a low scoring game

Pick a fantasy D because you expect pressures>sacks>turnovers, not because you think it’ll be low scoring. Colts had a solid OL last year and LAC tied for 19th in sacking the QB last year

• hankmcgreen

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Pick a fantasy D because you expect pressures>sacks>turnovers, not because you think it’ll be low scoring. Colts had a solid OL last year and LAC tied for 19th in sacking the QB last year

This is why I’m landing on the Lions D in cash. If the cardinals are going to run as many plays as they say combined with their o-line…

• siddom

Julio Jones and ODB in same lineup on DK?

• Hyak420

@hankmcgreen said...

Dede Westbrook and Fournette in the same cash fame lineup??? Thoughts?

I’m rolling with it

• HoodsFromTheWood

@squidkill said...

They play Sunday night. He needed to be signed by 4pm today to play. He wasn’t. Dem da rules

That gives AB 7 days to become an ex-Pat

• Luctyl99

I understand. But by that logic why are so many people on the eagles then? I’m not expecting much pressure, sacks, or turnovers from them. Keenum isnt good, but hes not going to throw 3 picks

• squidkill

That gives AB 7 days to become an ex-Pat

Nothing shocks me anymore.

• ssilberman2012

@hankmcgreen said...

Dede Westbrook and Fournette in the same cash fame lineup??? Thoughts?

Yes

• HoodsFromTheWood

Last year Philly D had 8th most sacks Skins gave up 12th most and their best OL is out. Another juicy tidbit, Case tied for 2nd most INTs last year Lucty

• Kamais_Ookin

Do you guys think dion lewis gets above 22 receiving yards tmr? Randomly spotted this in my bookie and it caught my eye.

• mike42

@monarch said...

Knock on wood is a shot at Gruden. To his credit he never once criticized AB…he supported him all the way. Even when everyone was killing the guy. That probably counts for something in the locker room.

Is is to his credit? BB won’t allow him to pull half the stuff he pulled at Oak before this week and every player knows that, not just AB. Knowing you can’t get away with stuff keeps you from doing stuff, it sets the culture. He’s been a 3 ring circus all summer and one could argue he should not have supported him throughout. You think most of the players on that team think they could have gotten away with 1/2 of what AB did this past summer? That’s why you need to draw the line somewhere. SOme things can be gray, that’s normal. What AB did since he landed in OAK was passed the line even before today.

• XxHeisenbergxX

I have this feeling I should withdraw all my football entries this week LOL… Wednesday I had a pipe burst in my house so I am currently living in a hotel until this Tuesday until its all fixed cause I could not use the shower or toilets..luckily insurance is paying for everything EXCEPT the piping…(please don’t ask me how that works LOL) but they are paying for the hotel and the complete remodel which makes no sense but whatever…and now as a Steelers fan I get the ultimate ice pick to the temple with AB going to New England…I should just turn off all electronics and wake up next week right? LOL

• mike42

@Luctyl99 said...

I like the chargers d tomorrow. 4000 on fanduel, home favorites. I respect brissett and that offense. I just like that to be a low scoring game

YOu are going to be on the wrong side of the low scoring game. SD O-line has been bad and it could get even uglier with J. Houston and company. Indy D I think is a good play. Jacoby going to handing off, running and play action to Doyle behind an elite o-Line. Derwin not there to cover TE’s. Studd DE“s shoudn’t be able to apply pressure in this game. SD would have been a better call with Luck just because he holds the ball, Jacoby won’t.

• CleverGroom

@mike42 said...

CG what are your sharable thoughts you have on this slate? Games you like or players?

ATL at MIN

UNDER 47

I believe in Mike Zimmer’s recent history against this team. I believe in Mike Zimmer’s heartfelt desire to ruin every game of football for fantasy purposes. It’s why he was put on this Earth. I don’t even think Dan Quinn would mind that too much in his first game as the de facto DC. Zimmer once again schemes Julio out of the game, both teams try to polish up their OLs against professional opponents, and the whole thing comes out far too reminiscent of GB at CHI.

I’d have to lean toward Adam Thielen as the best play out of this one. I’d like Dalvin Cook a lot more if I wasn’t worried that one of the GB at CHI parallels to emerge from this game will be his split with Mattison.

WAS at PHI

PHI Money Line

All three of the best units in this game are on the PHI side, and it’s not close. WAS D still has enough juice that I could see some early-season jitters for Wentz and the PHI O. I’m not as high on that offense as I should be. Inclined to stick with my gut on this one. Probably the game I’m likeliest to regret fading.

BUF at NYJ

BUF Money Line

Again, I think the best three units in this game are all on the BUF side. BUF is head-and-shoulders the better team on paper. I don’t think the NYJ OL can stop a nosebleed, let alone Ed Oliver and Co. These cats held opposing QBs to 193 passing yards per game last year and they could be better this year.

Josh Allen is #good (especially in fantasy) and has significantly improved weapons. Le’Veon Bell might have an even wider range of outcomes than Ryan Fitzpatrick. BUF DST and Allen are my favorite plays here.

BAL at MIA

I don’t have a strong position on this game. Gun to my head, I think you’d get the most equity betting MIA ML at +260 to +270 or so (I’d definitely bet this before NYJ ML at -150). Reads as a very high-variance spot, as I’ve already discussed at length.

Salaries being what they are this week, I just don’t think you need to play the cheap weirdness like a Fitzmagic to Albert Wilson stack. Naked Lamar Jackson is fine. I’d fade Mark Ingram. BAL DST is either DST1 or the smartest fade you’ll make this week (game theory tells me it should be the latter).

KC at JAX

Don’t have a strong position here, except on players.

Cam Robinson doubtful does me a heckin’ concern. Even so, you’ve got opportunity, early-season uncertainty, bargain salary, pace of play, opposing defense, and maybe even heat-related defensive breakdowns calling Leonard Fournette to Valhalla. Dede Westbrook is the truth. I think Robinson’s absence hurts Foles more than anybody. Not sure he has the sauce to compete with ceiling games from fantasy-favorable bargain QBs like Allen, Cam, or even Murray anyhow.

Travis Kelce is a pristine play in a TE funnel spot. I’d be lying if I said I was all the way excited for any other Chiefs. I still have respect for this JAX D, and their jobs get a lot easier if the O can stay on the field.

TEN at CLE

UNDER 45.5

Ugly game that threatens to be devoid of unspoiled OL play on both sides. I’m not sure the line is unfair at 45.5 total, CLE -5.5, but I can easily see it hitting the under, and we know that games usually go under by around 10-11 points when it hits. Plenty of scenarios where nobody’s got room to run or time to throw. Fantasy megadeath.

LAR at CAR

CAR Money Line

To me, these teams are rapidly trending in opposite directions. I expect McVay to switch things up offensively. The question is, how will Jared Goff implement a revamped system behind an OL that’s circling the drain, facing off against a greatly improved CAR pass rush and an underrated CAR secondary? I’m expecting Riverboat Ron to come out swinging in what could be a win-or-go-home season. I’m expecting Cam Newton to be about as healthy as he’ll ever be again. I’m expecting a vicious, ultraviolent geezer fight between Norv Turner and the Son of Bum Phillips. Buoyed by their newfound strength at OL, Panthers win in trenches and finish on top after a competitive, high-scoring game.

You can’t go wrong stacking Cam with D.J. Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Christian McCaffrey (who I’d tip as the top player projection for the slate). D.J. Moore is a better play than Samuel, straight up. If Samuel is multiple times as owned, the Moore pivot is a no-brainer process play. Bringing it back with Robert Woods or Brandin Cooks is fine, if not necessary. I’m out on Cooper Kupp for now (unless his surgeon installed some kind of far-future cyborg ninja knee, the glowing reports of his recovery are too fanciful to be credited). There’s deeper plays like Gerald Everett or Greg Olsen to consider, but I’m not into dumpster diving this week. CAR DST makes a ton of sense to me in GPPs.

CIN at SEA

SEA Money Line

I’m taking way too many money lines. This is bad process. Don’t do this at home.

CIN is not fielding an NFL-caliber offensive line. Their coaching staff is a disgrace. The drop-off from Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd to the rest of their offensive talent is dizzying. Especially if Ziggy Ansah makes it onto the field, this is a bloody red nightmare of a mismatch against even a depleted SEA D, in an incomparably hostile environment. On the other side of the ball, SEA’s O is fine. CIN underperformed badly on D last year and I’m not expecting them to rally significantly. If the unanimous buzz around passing the ball to the RBs pans out, if Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett do Russ and Lockett things, it’s an easy rout.

Chris Carson and SEA DST are my favorites here. I’m not worried about Rashaad Penny wheezing Carson’s juice, because Carson is Pete Carroll’s dad and Penny is the redheaded stepchild who Schneider foisted upon him (it’s a non-traditional family). Lockett makes some sense to me as a high-efficiency, low-volume shot at WR. I don’t think Russ has the ceiling to get you there. No clue why people want to play D.K. Metcalf this year. Will Dissly actually makes way too much sense in certain bath-salts-fueled hallucinatory hellscapes. Boyd and everybody else on CIN is a laughable trap. They’re bad plays and you should feel bad if you play them.

IND at LAC

I just think the Colts are a really damn good team, man. They’re more than deep enough everywhere. Jacoby Brissett is legitimately better than Dalton—so good that not only is he a franchise QB, he could maybe even win you a playoff game. LAC D is really, really good, but they lost a lot in Derwin James. If the stellar IND OL can keep Jake Brisket reasonably clean, if T.Y. Hilton can shake loose now and again, if the Jack Doyle and Eric Ebron tandem makes some plays, I think IND is in this game to the very end. Not at all surprised if they win.

The real problem for LAC is that they do not have a stellar OL, and now their kicker’s broke. Their punter is now the PK, and Tyrod Taylor is now their holder. What could possibly go wrong?

I think the Colts win this game by pulling it under, and the Chargers win by pushing it over. Philip Rivers doesn’t have the sauce. Austin Ekeler and Hunter Henry are great plays no matter what. Mike Williams and Keenan Allen are well in play. I low-key think Ebron’s 2018 season is repeatable, believe it or not, but it’s not an ideal matchup. I’ll concede that I’m higher on Marlon Mack now than I was before. Mostly I just think it’s a poor fantasy game if IND wins.

SF at TB

OVER 51

Devin White caught the stomach bug that’s been going around TB’s locker room (wash your damn hands, you animals). I’m not worried about Mike Evans at all—delighted that his ownership relative to Chris Godwin could truly bottom out, in fact—but White’s gonna be laid up with the vomits closer to game time.

Whether or not White plays at full strength, who’s gonna stop anybody in this game? I dare a Buccaneer to keep Matt Breida from making plays in this game. I defy a 49er to stop Godwin or Evans. You could go down to 2nd or 3rd stringers in this game and there’s not too many guys I’d try and talk you off in GPP. This game is on a rocket ship straight to the Moon.

DET at ARI

Unstoppable force, immovable object, &c. This game is such a study in contrasts. If Kliff Kingsbury gets his way, you’re looking at winning LUs chockablock with Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones, Christian Kirk, Kyler Murray, and David Johnson. If Matt Patricia gets his way, DET DST will be the only play that survives—not even Kerryon Johnson is safe from that man. They will play CJA, dude. A lot. They will play at least one of Ty Johnson and J.D. McKissic. If both of those guys dress, burn it all to the foundations and start over. All is lost.

I don’t have a strong stand on any bets here. I wouldn’t play anything in cash. I think Kerryon’s dubious no matter what. I’d be looking at the aforementioned passing game plays and DET DST as your best GPP options.

NYG at DAL

I don’t love any of the bets here.

Mostly I just want to be on record calling a career season for Dak Prescott, thanks in large part to Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup balling out. I’d be happy to stack that up. Bring it back with Sterling Shepherd, Saquon Barkley, and/or Evan Engram if you must, but don’t feel obliged. DAL DST could be pretty bomb. Jason Witten has remarkable career splits against the Giants dating back to before the capture of Saddam Hussein, so I guess there’s that if you nasty.

Then again, I’d rather play Witt than Ezekiel Elliott.

• Njsum1

@mike42 said...

Is is to his credit? BB won’t allow him to pull half the stuff he pulled at Oak before this week and every player knows that, not just AB. Knowing you can’t get away with stuff keeps you from doing stuff, it sets the culture. He’s been a 3 ring circus all summer and one could argue he should not have supported him throughout. You think most of the players on that team think they could have gotten away with 1/2 of what AB did this past summer? That’s why you need to draw the line somewhere. SOme things can be gray, that’s normal. What AB did since he landed in OAK was passed the line even before today.

Yeah I don’t know, I don’t think Gruden “let him pull” anything. I think Gruden and Mayock had to be very careful with the words they used for a variety of reasons. The foremost of which was being able to cut AB and not pay him the 30 million “guaranteed.” If it even appeared like the coach was doing things to antagonize AB it could have been argued that the raiders were at fault not AB.

Also, it shows the players that the coach has their back even in the craziest of circumstances. If AB actually wants to play football and is of sound mind (which is debatable) it will be himself who keeps him in line, not Belichik. AB is different kind of cat these days, no coach can control him. Only one who can control AB is AB.

• monarch

CG…no more talking up Mack. I want to be on that island by myself…lol.

• BIF

@marker0357 said...

The rich get richer. It’s the same reason I hate the Yankees and the Lakers.

Yah but those teams don’t win it all – maybe the Yanks a couple times but still….,

• monarch

I know it’s not a thing in the NBA but do the Raiders have a case for collusion? It’s almost as if the Patriots and AB have been planning this for weeks…

• miggs6876

@chronoxiong said...

Thats the problem. If I pick Josh Allen, I should pick one of his WRs too. But he has John Brown, Zay Jones and Cole Beasley to throw to. And I can’t figure out who out of the 3 WRs will get the stats.

I’m not on Allen but you can play him naked with his legs and run rd upside.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I know it’s not a thing in the NBA but do the Raiders have a case for collusion? It’s almost as if the Patriots and AB have been planning this for weeks…

Can the Raiders get their picks back from Pittsburgh since he never played for them? Is that even a thing?

• timusbr

@squidkill said...

I was wrong. I was fooled by Bill and Handy Bob. That was a quick million years.

TB12 + AB84 = T@A69

• BIF

@siddom said...

Julio Jones and ODB in same lineup on DK?

What RBs and Flex you going to roll out with 2 pay-up WRs ?

• CleverGroom

Honorable mention in the SNF game (shout-out my Yahoo! players who like rake-free GPPs that aren’t even 40% full yet) goes to Vance McDonald, who I don’t think it’s crazy to consider as the #2 receiver in PIT by season’s end.

Patrick Chung got popped for the yayo, so it’s a bit of a next-man situation in NE’s TE defense. Vance is #good when he’s healthy and catches the ball. Jesse James and Antonio Brown vacated 207 targets from last year. JuJu Smith-Schuster already had 166 targets, so how many can he plausibly absorb? (The answer is “not very many,” and I’m worried they’re gonna play him on the outside a lot too.)

Donte Moncrief is the other buy-low on that O who I’m in on. I think there’s a case to be made for Primetime Big Ben Roethlisberger with Moncrief and McDonald as a low-owned GPP stack with huge upside.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

Can the Raiders get their picks back from Pittsburgh since he never played for them? Is that even a thing?

I dont believe they can. Al Davis would have probably sued at least five people by now….I doubt Mark Davis does anything.

• mathewsmarner

Nfl hating on the raiders

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).